Small Case Name/Brand Ideas?

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Hey Guys,

Been working on an SFF case design for a couple of months now and am hoping to start a development log in the next week or two to get feedback etc. One thing I am having difficulty with is thinking of a good name for the case and was wondering if anyone had any decent suggestions for. So far the best I've come up are Kompact/Kompakt, Dynamo and Spark/Sparq. Any feedback or better suggestions would be more than welcome since I utterly suck at this kinda thing.

Cheers!

Kmpkt

Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Also was thinking of KMPKT as another variant on compact.

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
It might be easier for us to suggest names if we have some idea of what makes the case unique!

Kmpkt

Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Okay. I think the things that make this unique are that it usesHDPlex AC-DC and custom DC-DC solution + HDplex 160 plugless with a total power supply volume of 0.5L (roughly same as Flex ATX without the noise). Should come in between 5.0 and 5.5L total and will have compatibility for both the Zotac 1070 and 1080 mini cards as well as (roughly) 45-50mm tall CPU coolers.

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
That sounds awesome, I'm looking forward to seeing some previews!

Hm, if the power supply solution is a big focus, you could always lean towards the 'electricity/power' realm of names like Spark, Bolt, Fusion. If you want to focus on the size of the case, there's some pretty good suggestions for that already. Quark seems pretty unique.

I like the name of the Sentry, and I imagine it was a pretty easy choice for them due to its resemblance to Portal's turrets. Perhaps someone will come up with an affectionate and cool name based on the aesthetic of the case, but it's hard to speculate at that without seeing some renders.

There's always 'archetypical' mythological/astrological names like ones that have been used for deities, monsters, and/or planets and stars.

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
I like KMPKT. Kompakt sounds like Compaq (defunct PC maker) a little, so watch that.

I like Micron and SolidState (referring to fanless PSU)

Edit: Pulse
Sqrt (Short for squirt).

Reactions: Soul_Est

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
CinKo

A play on cinco (the spanish word for five) to represent both the total case volume and the .5 power supply volume.

The capital "K" for the "overclocked CPU" you'll put in it!

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
To add to his list of rather sciency names (rather similar to mine if I may add), I suggest quasar, pulsar, and void as well.

I like sciency names, could it be particle names (Atom, Quark, etc.), stars / planets (Pulsar, Neutron star, etc), scientists (Galilée, Newton, etc.). Mythology is a good source of names too (Perseus, Prometheus, Yggdrasil, etc).

ZA Design

Trash Compacter
Sep 7, 2016
I like sciency names, could it be particle names (Atom, Quark, etc.), stars / planets (Pulsar, Neutron star, etc), scientists (Galilée, Newton, etc.). Mythology is a good source of names too (Perseus, Prometheus, Yggdrasil, etc).
Hurrah, someone with the same naming tastes like me!

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com

What, why?