Production Sliger SV590 and SV540 - Vertical SFF Cases!

Uruk

Trash Compacter
Feb 1, 2019
Finishing my build in the SV540, found something that I think should be advertised in the webpage. Some graphics cards hate being vertical with video ports facing top. My reference RX 6800 XT flies to 110ºC (junction) within 1-2 minutes of gaming, but if I flip the case temps are back to normal.

Reactions: robojim

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Finishing my build in the SV540, found something that I think should be advertised in the webpage. Some graphics cards hate being vertical with video ports facing top. My reference RX 6800 XT flies to 110ºC (junction) within 1-2 minutes of gaming, but if I flip the case temps are back to normal.
There was a reddit thread about this with the XTIA Xproto

Reactions: Uruk

nondescriptvan

Efficiency Noob
Nov 24, 2018
Finally got my custom loop installed in the sv590 v2 with a 420mm rad. I cut out a bit of the bottom frame to give myself more cable room and to make routing easier. With this is can easily install my extensions and then when I install the bottom base bracket it holds everything in place and provides that extra stability.

I also got fairly lucky in that I was able to use the already drilled ssd mounting holes to mount the aquacomputer quadro. It's not perfect hole spacing by any means but it was close enough to get the screws in there.

(apologies for the various image quality)

One of these days I'll get a gpu in the loop since I think a 420mm rad is a bit overkill for only a 5900x 😆

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
Received my SV540 from Density, only took 4 days! 😁

Should be getting the rest of my parts in the course of next week. Build pics with custom-ish loop coming soon.

Reactions: rfarmer

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
Well, took a while to get my hands on the GPU, but here its is all done.

Overall, a fairly pain free case to build in, hardest part was routing the tubing in the way I wanted it. And upgraded the riser to the offset PCIe 4.0 version to allow the FE to breathe.

Specs:
CPU: R7 5800X
GPU: RTX 3080 Ti FE
MB: Aorus B550I
PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum
Water Cooling: Eisbaer LT Solo + Corsair/HWL XR5 280mm