Production Sliger SV590 and SV540 - Vertical SFF Cases!

killerdan56

Caliper Novice
Jul 30, 2018
Look at this beauty

enome

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2018
Sorry if this has been asked before, but are there any plans to make a SV590 but with dual single rad AIOs (like SM580 but vertical so a SV580?)

giro21

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 27, 2020
I just got my SV590 from Density.sk and going for full custom watercooling build. For people who might wonder:

EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 PWM Pump + Reservoir will not fit in the bottom because the acetal which holds the glass reservoir is too thick.
What I can say about the SV590 case itself:

Pros:
+Overall good build quality
+Actually looks better in real life than on pictures
+Easy to build in comparison to Evolv Shift Mini

Cons:
-Would have liked USB 3.0 on the Top
-Screws are hard to distinguish for non experts, would advise unique packages for each type
-Not a lot of information in terms of compatability with components (especially if you go water)

And the BIGGEST Con for me is:
The ground of the case and the base plate are not leveled, meaning if you try to use it without the stands the case will NOT stand firmly on the ground.
I do not know the reason for this, but at this price tag I expect a higher level of quality. If the case would stand without the baseplate or Sliger would
decide to provide a baseplate which fits the dimensions of the case itself, this case would be so much more enjoyable.

Overall I would rate it 8/10 because of the quality issues with the baseplate or even without it. However it is still an awesome case and remains the only
option in terms of 360mm radiator watercooling capacity at this size. For air there might be better options out there, but for water this is your case.

Reactions: kw1ck

TubePunk

Caliper Novice
Sep 28, 2019
or Sliger would decide to provide a baseplate which fits the dimensions of the case itself, this case would be so much more enjoyable.

I would like this as well so that a horizontal orientation is also at least an option cosmetically.

srekal34

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2019
I have some good news for anyone who wonder. 420 Corsair radiator fits without any issues if you set up fans in pull(so fans mounted to the case. Some reported issues with power cable or had to mount inlets upside down. If you mount fans in Pull, there is no need for that and power cable fits perfectly.

Last edited:

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
I’ve been trying to find more information on mounting the 420mm Corsair radiator in the SV590. How are people going about this?
is it a case of drilling out holes for it or Is being wedged into place?

I’ve had my eye on the Cerberus, SM580 and SV590 for a good while now, the 420mm radiator is really piquing my interest in the SV590 though. It should be a decent step up in cooling performance from the dual 240mm rad set up in my NCase given how limited the bottom radiator is.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I’ve been trying to find more information on mounting the 420mm Corsair radiator in the SV590. How are people going about this?
is it a case of drilling out holes for it or Is being wedged into place?

I’ve had my eye on the Cerberus, SM580 and SV590 for a good while now, the 420mm radiator is really piquing my interest in the SV590 though. It should be a decent step up in cooling performance from the dual 240mm rad set up in my NCase given how limited the bottom radiator is.
Read one post above yours.

srekal34

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2019
Have a look, I've drilled 2 holes to screw rad to the case. They are invisible with cover.
Loving the case so far. Far better than SM580 in terms of cooling capacity. Far better than anything in ITX to be fair. Build quality is also a step up from SM580.
I've had Ncase, SM580 and SV590 and last one is the easiest to work with, has biggest potential, and looks the best. It will also fit any gpu on the market, even 2080ti Lighting with water block, SM580 is not that versatile, not to mention Ncase.
My biggest concern is the PCI Riser. I want to switch to PCIe 4 as soon as possible as I will be moving to Rocket Lake platform with 3080ti once it launches.

Last edited:

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
Read one post above yours.
That's a yikes for me. I was reading about it on some of the earlier pages, and from a build on Reddit. Neglected to check this page.
Have a look, I've drilled 2 holes to screw rad to the case. They are invisible with cover.
Loving the case so far. Far better than SM580 in terms of cooling capacity. Far better than anything in ITX to be fair. Build quality is also a step up from SM580.
I've had Ncase, SM580 and SV590 and last one is the easiest to work with, has biggest potential, and looks the best. It will also fit any gpu on the market, even 2080ti Lighting with water block, SM580 is not that versatile, not to mention Ncase.
My biggest concern is the PCI Riser. I want to switch to PCIe 4 as soon as possible as I will be moving to Rocket Lake platform with 3080ti once it launches.

Thanks. That's that cleared up for me. Now to look into whether it's worth using the NF A12x25 fans with an adapter on a 140mm radiator or not. Already have two of them from my current build.

Reactions: rfarmer

srekal34

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2019
You wont fit A12 with adapter. It takes 5mm, there wont be enough space for fitting on cpu side. You would have to use Koolance ultra slim 90 degrees. Sell A12 on Ebay, you will be able to buy 3x A14 for this :)

Reactions: HottestVapes

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
You wont fit A12 with adapter. It takes 5mm, there wont be enough space for fitting on cpu side. You would have to use Koolance ultra slim 90 degrees. Sell A12 on Ebay, you will be able to buy 3x A14 for this :)

Thanks again. I was just looking into the performance differences then. Don't mind the added cost of buying new fans, just didn't want the ones I have to "go to waste" if you know what I mean?

srekal34

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2019
Yeah absolutely. I would have preferred A12x25 too. We will have to wait for A14x25 then ;) Noctua is saying late 2021.

vex_sb

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2018
I just got my SV590 from Density.sk and going for full custom watercooling build. For people who might wonder:

EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 PWM Pump + Reservoir will not fit in the bottom because the acetal which holds the glass reservoir is too thick.
What I can say about the SV590 case itself:

Pros:
+Overall good build quality
+Actually looks better in real life than on pictures
+Easy to build in comparison to Evolv Shift Mini

Cons:
-Would have liked USB 3.0 on the Top
-Screws are hard to distinguish for non experts, would advise unique packages for each type
-Not a lot of information in terms of compatability with components (especially if you go water)

And the BIGGEST Con for me is:
The ground of the case and the base plate are not leveled, meaning if you try to use it without the stands the case will NOT stand firmly on the ground.
I do not know the reason for this, but at this price tag I expect a higher level of quality. If the case would stand without the baseplate or Sliger would
decide to provide a baseplate which fits the dimensions of the case itself, this case would be so much more enjoyable.

Overall I would rate it 8/10 because of the quality issues with the baseplate or even without it. However it is still an awesome case and remains the only
option in terms of 360mm radiator watercooling capacity at this size. For air there might be better options out there, but for water this is your case.

Thanks for chime in.

Can you share planned components and cooling ??

As for the flaws, yeah, in 300€ price tag i am also thinking it should be absolutely flawless. I can accept they don't know compatibility , but as for build - it must be out of this world

vex_sb

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2018

Hey man, can you share temps , how are the vrm's ??

thanks

srekal34

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2019
Sure, 1 hour run of Realbech with 9900k@5Ghz 1.35v , highest reported temperature was 79 degrees(room temp 22 degrees). Still pretty great for such a hot chip. VRMs are fine to touch, not sure of the temperature. No throttling, so I guess all good.
This is CPU only loop for now so there is not much difference vs 280 rad. Waiting for 3080ti, no point in watercooling 2080ti now.

SweetVandal

Caliper Novice
Jul 30, 2018
Has anyone managed to get a custom loop with SFX-L PSU inside this bad boy?

Does anyone have additional photos of pump placement or max measurements for pump size?