Production Sliger SV590 and SV540 - Vertical SFF Cases!

Rikardo

Cable Smoosher
Dec 22, 2018
Are there any plans of sending a SV590 review sample to Optimum Tech? Would love to see his analysis of the case and not buy it on the pictures alone since it's quite expensive in EU at 295 €. Also the IMHO the defining feature of the SV590 is the unique venting on the side panels, it looks really good and it would be a shame if you would replace it with round holes on the SV540.
I think I saw a post on Reddit that review sample has been sent to Optimum Tech ?

CluckyTaco

Chassis Packer
Mar 22, 2020
I have just created an account here to ask these questions as I'm really intrested in the SV590. Please pardon any obvious questions that were answered earlier in posts as there are 22 pages worth of posts and I couldn't find what I was looking for.

1. Will there be support for magnetic filters from demcifilter and if so how would one incorporate in this case? I have used them in the past and they work pretty good so I'm just curious about the location of the filters in this case. My current home setup is quite dusty even with filters so I would really look forward to suggestions from everyone regarding filter placement.

2. I'm planning on getting the Corsair SF750 PSU and based on what I've seen a custom cable set is worth the investment for cleaner airflow and look. I haven't seen anyone mention what lengths of cables they've used and what brand. I've used cablemod cables and they're pretty decent. What I'm looking for is the suggested length of the ATX 24pin and EPS 8pin cables.

Just as an FYI I would just like to get my ducks in a row and start saving up for the upcoming 10th Gen Intel procs. Thanks in advance @KSliger

CluckyTaco

Chassis Packer
Mar 22, 2020
I've seen that video which is why I'm asking where would you put the filters if the fans are exhausting on the side. I suspect that it would have to be in the inside of the front panel, which may ruin the look of the case.

TubePunk

Caliper Novice
Sep 28, 2019
I've seen that video which is why I'm asking where would you put the filters if the fans are exhausting on the side. I suspect that it would have to be in the inside of the front panel, which may ruin the look of the case.

The SV590 is set up as a negative pressure case so that air is pulling in through the side vents, and exhausting out the rear through the radiator. The DemciFilter could magnetically stick on to the outside of the case sides, but for aesthetic purposes I would think that you would want to put them on the inside of the side panels (to each their own). A little more hassle to clean them, since you would have to open the case to access them. In your post you asked how to do it when exhausting out the side, so in that situation you would have to use a filter on the out side of the back of the case, in front of the radiator. There are no intakes on the front panel. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your question or if we are not referring to the same sides of the case as front/side/rear

Last edited:

CluckyTaco

Chassis Packer
Mar 22, 2020
I understand that perfectly. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm wondering though if I'm placing filters inside of the case if that will reduce dust bunnies ?

luxurious_foam

Case Bender
New User
Apr 9, 2020
How is this case without the baseplate? I really want to use it without the baseplate but everyone says it’s really wobbly and unstable

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018

I didn't use the base plate on my build but instead ordered some turntable vibration isolation feet. I have never had a problem with instability and feel I would need to push pretty hard at the top to get it to wobble. I don't think you will have a problem.

TubePunk

Caliper Novice
Sep 28, 2019

I didn't use the base plate on my build but instead ordered some turntable vibration isolation feet. I have never had a problem with instability and feel I would need to push pretty hard at the top to get it to wobble. I don't think you will have a problem.
Is there any possible way you could take a picture of the bottom with out the base? I am asking because originally it was discussed here that this case was being designed for both vertical or horizontal orientation (KSliger referred to it as a "soundbar" style for HTPC use). It eventually became vertical only with the base plate which does not work for my needs in my living room under the TV. I know the base was removable but it looks like that bottom side may not be too clean looking with vents and the base plate screw hole while laying horizontal. I had intended on doing it GPU side down, and using some thick sorbothane pucks at each corner similar to how you are for airflow risers. I do wish there was an optional base plate that is cut to the exact size of the case to cover the bottom for horizontal orientation.

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018

TubePunk, you are correct the bottom would be unattractive if seen as there are 2 openings besides the vents. If you were brave you could trim the base plate to the size of the case bottom as the only opening in the base plate is for the vents but then you would lose the anodized finish where it was cut. If there was sufficient demand for a cut base plate maybe K Sliger would be willing to produce the plate and anodize it. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

Reactions: TubePunk

TubePunk

Caliper Novice
Sep 28, 2019

TubePunk, you are correct the bottom would be unattractive if seen as there are 2 openings besides the vents. If you were brave you could trim the base plate to the size of the case bottom as the only opening in the base plate is for the vents but then you would lose the anodized finish where it was cut. If there was sufficient demand for a cut base plate maybe K Sliger would be willing to produce the plate and anodize it. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thank you for taking the time to post those, that gives me a clear idea of what I'd be working with. Your build looks great btw!

luxurious_foam

Case Bender
New User
Apr 9, 2020

Thanks a lot. One more thing - how well would the case fit in a duffle bag? I plan to do a lot of traveling with it.

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
That would depend on your duffle bag. The case measures 6.06 inches x 9.73 inches x 18.58 inches. My guess is it should fit most duffle bags, I would wrap it with towels or clothes to keep it from scratching the finish the case is very sturdy so doubt the steel would damage unless hit pretty hard.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
I ran mine without the stand for a few weeks. It was perfectly stable and not wobbly at all on my desk.

vex_sb

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2018
The case is epic without doubt, perfect for high-end build without compromise with cooling with that 360 available to put inside .

BUT, the price in europe.
Clearly you have to get some extenders or custom cables for psu if you want to have it nice routed, wich raises the price another 70-ish € , and that will get it near 400€ .

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@vex_sb I disagree with custom cables being necessary. I just used the stock ones that came with the SF750 and they fit absolutely perfect, anywhere I wanted to route them. You could definitely use them but you will have extra cable to stash somewhere.