Production Sliger SV590 and SV540 - Vertical SFF Cases!

madmax

Caliper Novice
Apr 17, 2019
Let me know any last minute thoughts on these!

I would definitely prefer the SV540 vent pattern on the SV590. The SV590 pattern looks disorganized and like it wouldn't offer enough airflow for a 360mm rad. IMHO, the pattern is unsuitable for such a plane and clean case... It looks more like production went wrong.

srekal34

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2019
@KSliger
Please make it compatible with Nemesis GTX 360, this is practically the only 360 radiator capable of cooling 2080ti+9900k.
The problem is it is 55mm thick and slightly wider then usual 360 radiators.

Last edited:
Reactions: rjeftw

ApocPony

Cable Smoosher
Jul 9, 2019
Please make the base plate removable, or an optional plate to attach hifi feet. A) so it can be laid on its side in a home theater setup or B) As I modded my shift with hifi feet and found it to look better and just as stable. Then I would be sold, looks amazing keep up the good work.

Reactions: Talyrius and Sashby

johnnythreehats

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 8, 2019
I have created my first account with SFF Network simply because of this case (SV590).

I have been waiting for a case that not only provides suitable room and cooling for a 360mm radiator, but provides a different aesthetic to regular mid tower cases.

The most recent designs look fantastic, and I am glad to see there is ample room for extra thick and longer cards.

I have a few questions/requests to make this the ultimate case for my use.

1) As with @ApocPony's request above, having the ability to remove the base plate in order to lie the case on its side would be great in my circumstances.

2) Although I am sure I will be able to find adhesive feet appropriate enough for the case, but if it would be possible to lie the case on its side and raise it with provided feet, that would be brilliant also as it would allow for greater airflow.

3) Regarding the vents, although I love the disjointed pattern you initially intended, I understand that a more uniform and standard ventilation pattern may be required, and is certainly not a deal-breaker for me.

4) The lack of 280mm radiator support doesn't bother me at all. The benefits of a 280mm over a 240mm in my use case is negligible, and a 280mm rad would make the case needlessly larger in my opinion.

5) THANK YOU for providing support for 240mm and 120mm rad combos. I have had great difficulty finding a unique looking case that would support my 240mm and 120mm aio configuration.

6) Although testing will soon provide an answer, especially if Optimum Tech gets his hands on the case in the upcoming weeks/months, do you expect the case to have better cooling potential with the fans drawing air in through the radiator (thus over the motherboard), or by pushing air out via the radiator?

7) Although it has been mentioned earlier, and is certainly not an absolute requirement, but do you expect their to be options or the chance to introduce tempered glass into the design of this case in the future?

8) What is the height/volume of the top compartment that sits above the motherboard ports? Would there perhaps be wiggle room to make this smaller? I understand that you have to take into account the bending and kinks in cables used here, but it may be a way of reducing the overall volume, if only by a small amount for some potential buyers.

Thank you so much for your work and communication. I look forward to seeing and purchasing the final product!

Reactions: Kruger

Insomnium

Chassis Packer
Oct 7, 2019
Another question regarding SV590, if I decide to go air-cool route, what's the maximum cooler height will it support?

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Another question regarding SV590, if I decide to go air-cool route, what's the maximum cooler height will it support?
I would think if you weren't going water at all - you would want the SV540, no? Why get the SV590 if not for the 360mm radiator?

Reactions: Sashby

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

55mm same as SM series. I'd really recommend at least going with a 120mm liquid cooler instead becuase the vents over the CPU are not meant for an air cooler. Would go with a L9i and at least one 120mm fan if you have to go air cool.

I would think if you weren't going water at all - you would want the SV540, no? Why get the SV590 if not for the 360mm radiator?

SV590 has limited air cooling support, what it does have is because there will be HDD / SSD brackets available to install instead of the 360mm AIO.

Please make the base plate removable, or an optional plate to attach hifi feet. A) so it can be laid on its side in a home theater setup or B) As I modded my shift with hifi feet and found it to look better and just as stable. Then I would be sold, looks amazing keep up the good work.

Confirming the base plate is removable. It will also be entirely optional from check out.

@KSliger
Please make it compatible with Nemesis GTX 360, this is practically the only 360 radiator capable of cooling 2080ti+9900k.
The problem is it is 55mm thick and slightly wider then usual 360 radiators.

There is 66mm of thickness inside the case for 360mm rad + fans. You can mount fans on the outside rear of case if you must use this specific radiator.

There is also 149mm of width on the inside for mounting the radiator. You technically could mount most 280mm AIOs in this case, but will need to look out for how you position it as it could interfere with some of the screws on the sides.

There is also 420mm of height for radiator length. Or up to 458mm height / length if you do not want to be able to get your cables into the case.

Hopefully this is helpful:
I have created my first account with SFF Network simply because of this case (SV590).

I have been waiting for a case that not only provides suitable room and cooling for a 360mm radiator, but provides a different aesthetic to regular mid tower cases.

The most recent designs look fantastic, and I am glad to see there is ample room for extra thick and longer cards.

I have a few questions/requests to make this the ultimate case for my use.

1) As with @ApocPony's request above, having the ability to remove the base plate in order to lie the case on its side would be great in my circumstances.

2) Although I am sure I will be able to find adhesive feet appropriate enough for the case, but if it would be possible to lie the case on its side and raise it with provided feet, that would be brilliant also as it would allow for greater airflow.

3) Regarding the vents, although I love the disjointed pattern you initially intended, I understand that a more uniform and standard ventilation pattern may be required, and is certainly not a deal-breaker for me.

4) The lack of 280mm radiator support doesn't bother me at all. The benefits of a 280mm over a 240mm in my use case is negligible, and a 280mm rad would make the case needlessly larger in my opinion.

5) THANK YOU for providing support for 240mm and 120mm rad combos. I have had great difficulty finding a unique looking case that would support my 240mm and 120mm aio configuration.

6) Although testing will soon provide an answer, especially if Optimum Tech gets his hands on the case in the upcoming weeks/months, do you expect the case to have better cooling potential with the fans drawing air in through the radiator (thus over the motherboard), or by pushing air out via the radiator?

7) Although it has been mentioned earlier, and is certainly not an absolute requirement, but do you expect their to be options or the chance to introduce tempered glass into the design of this case in the future?

8) What is the height/volume of the top compartment that sits above the motherboard ports? Would there perhaps be wiggle room to make this smaller? I understand that you have to take into account the bending and kinks in cables used here, but it may be a way of reducing the overall volume, if only by a small amount for some potential buyers.

Thank you so much for your work and communication. I look forward to seeing and purchasing the final product!

1) Per above, base plate is removable and optional on check out.

2) It is designed to be able to lay on its side in a soundbar fashion, I just have not tested it nor made feet for it.

3) I like it a lot too, undecided on this.

4) It can fit a 280mm AIO, but will need a bracket to align it with the 120mm fan mount pattern.

5) You're welcome!

6) To be tested.

7) Probably never going to be tempered glass on any of our cases, too expensive and hard to get here in the US.

8) Roughly 9.5" x 3" x 5.5" or 2.7L exactly. No plan to make it smaller as it is already pretty tight, and I'd rather not deal with the support for what cable ends fit. Some Display Port cables have huge plugs, measured the biggest one I have and went with that as the max size.

@KSliger
Same question as Insomnium:
- No ATX PSU option anymore for 590?
- 240 AIO for 540 still doable, or air cooled only? (edit - obviously there is no space...)
- the back of 590 implies an exposed 360 radiator, correct?

PS. I also hope the thicker gauge aluminum works, couz that pattern does look great ;)

No ATX PSU support on either 590 or 540. SilverStone is coming out with a 1000W SFX-L which is what drove removing ATX support.

540 will be air only, and 590 is 360mm, 240mm + 120mm, 280mm, or mixes of radiators/fans + HDDs or SSD brackets.

Correct, my software doesn't show the fin stack on the radiator just a flat surface.

My first post, have been eagerly waiting for SV590 to start shopping for my SFF rig. So it's confirmed that ATX power supply is dropped and what's the ETA before this case is available on your website? :D

I hope to have the preorder pages for 540 and 590 page up by end of month.

Will be followed shortly along with both Console and Conswole, and our new standard layout ITX case by Black Friday.

All of them hopefully will start shipping after Black Friday.

Worst case get everything out by end of Dec knowing how our 570/580 launch went.

Suggestion: what about space in the rear panel (or inside the case near the MB I/O bracket) with a cutout for front I/O (USB / Audio)? Additional purchase required by using the SM5XX I/O cables.

Q: Is the base plate (stand?) optional? Can it be removed?

Q: How many 2.5" HDD mounts are there in the SV540?
I can see:
x3 2.5" SSD/HDD screw mounts below MB / above SFX PSU
Horizontal slots (spaced apart like HDD mounts) behind PSU on middle spine, additional HDD mounts?

...the 280mm AIO variant won't be a vertical case?

It's going to be a horizontal (not vertical anymore?) M1 case but with the GPU flipped like your post "SV540 OPTION C LAYOUT"? *crys*

No plans to add any rear USB or other cable connectors on the back. Should be room in the top cable cubby to put a USB hub.

Base plate is removable, optional on check out, can be bought any time. (comes with thin rubber feet on bottom)

There is currently room for 4x 2.5" SSD in the SV540, three between the PSU and MB, and one on a bracket that is not shown in renders.

No plans for a 280mm specific version as it overlaps with the SM580 and SV590 too much.

I try and avoid cases that have identical feature sets - hence why SV540 has no assisting cooling fans, no USB C, and window options - but does have Big Shuriken 3 support and more SSD mounting space.

Depending on what changes come to the Velka 5 the 540 should be cheaper than the Velka 5.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Here is some alternate mounting option for the SV540, 120mm radiator or 2x 3.5" HDDs with shorter GPUs

Reactions: ChrisMCP

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
When will the patina SV590 be available on Amazon? Will it be available for pre-order through Amazon?

Ben.255

Case Bender
New User
Oct 14, 2019
I'm very interested in the SV540. Would it be possible to build in additional support to the rear of the top compartment to allow it to be used as a handle?

HYPERBOLOCO

Trash Compacter
Sep 27, 2015
Is their any chance of making the SV540 2.5-2.75 slot? Their really aren't that many great 2 slot GPUs anymore. All the GPU manufacturers seem to be making fatter designs ?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Is their any chance of making the SV540 2.5-2.75 slot? Their really aren't that many great 2 slot GPUs anymore. All the GPU manufacturers seem to be making fatter designs ?

What GPUs are you looking at?

I'm very interested in the SV540. Would it be possible to build in additional support to the rear of the top compartment to allow it to be used as a handle?

I could add a small bar that goes across. Concern was to make the top easy to take off, the SV590 is a little tricky to remove the top from due to the top rear "handle".

Prototypes for both these cases will be ready this week. Will make any notes / changes and start sending reviews / getting pre-order up next week.

Ben.255

Case Bender
New User
Oct 14, 2019
What GPUs are you looking at?

I could add a small bar that goes across. Concern was to make the top easy to take off, the SV590 is a little tricky to remove the top from due to the top rear "handle".

Prototypes for both these cases will be ready this week. Will make any notes / changes and start sending reviews / getting pre-order up next week.
Ah, that makes sense. I wasn't sure how difficult the top would be to remove.

Also, would it be possible to get a sv540 in the patina finish?