Production Sliger SV590 and SV540 - Vertical SFF Cases!

OtackKulandinglar

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2019
Um, that picture just happens to have a wood grain speaker/sub on the spikes. It is the one I happened to pick. Different tastes for all folks I guess

LouisApex

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 18, 2019
Hello,
I've created an account because I'm interested in this case, especially the SV540 variant. I wanted to buy a Phanteks Evolv Shift but the poor airflow turned me down. I currently own a Nano S.
I'm looking for a vertical case than can accept a CPU AIO cooler (120 or 240mm) and an open-aircooled GPU. SFX PSU is not a problem to me even though SFX-L would be nice for the lower noise.
I like your wood or aluminium version, I like premium/minimalist case.
Hope this insight for a potential buyer can help you on this project.

Thanks for the work

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Hello,
I've created an account because I'm interested in this case, especially the SV540 variant. I wanted to buy a Phanteks Evolv Shift but the poor airflow turned me down. I currently own a Nano S.
I'm looking for a vertical case than can accept a CPU AIO cooler (120 or 240mm) and an open-aircooled GPU. SFX PSU is not a problem to me even though SFX-L would be nice for the lower noise.
I like your wood or aluminium version, I like premium/minimalist case.
Hope this insight for a potential buyer can help you on this project.

Thanks for the work

Welcome to the forums!

SV540 is going to be a lot like the Ncase M1 but vertical with the same cable cover as the 590, so I think it will be right up your alley as it has SFXL and 240mm AIO support.

Hopefully I can get back on these designs in the next week or two.

LouisApex

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 18, 2019
Welcome to the forums!

SV540 is going to be a lot like the Ncase M1 but vertical with the same cable cover as the 590, so I think it will be right up your alley as it has SFXL and 240mm AIO support.

A Ncase M1 layout would mean a ~130mm CPU cooler and an ATX PSU ?
That could be interesting in term of noise especially if 140mm case fans can be fitted somewhere.
It would also mean a cheaper build compared to an Evolv Shift.

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

ChrisMCP

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2018
Nice, I'm really counting on the mac-like brushed aluminium version!

compared to an Evolv Shift.
In all honesty anything would be better than shift, it's a horrible case with crappy design and bad airflow. Almost everything in it is an afterthought. Also it's 2 years old now, and they should release a v2, but knowing phanteks it's going to be some stupid mesh panels and nothing else new... oh wait....

• Haha
Reactions: Sashby and rfarmer

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
In all honesty anything would be better than shift, it's a horrible case with crappy design and bad airflow. Almost everything in it is an afterthought. Also it's 2 years old now, and they should release a v2, but knowing phanteks it's going to be some stupid mesh panels and nothing else new... oh wait....
Yeah the Shift's only advantage is that it looks nice - but it's such a nightmare to work with and build around due to the ridiculous airflow restrictions and design choices.

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

LouisApex

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 18, 2019
Yeah the Shift's only advantage is that it looks nice - but it's such a nightmare to work with and build around due to the ridiculous airflow restrictions and design choices.

Personally I like the Evolv Shift design, but I agree about the thermals. Working in this case seems quiet easy in the various reviews and videos I've seen.

The current SV540 is the same layout as the Silverstone LD03 but the sliger has a much better design in my opinion.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Welcome to the forums!

@KSliger,
Could you update the first post with the latest canonical information on these two cases? I was paging through this thread for updates on both and its a little scattered throughout. I'm curious about custom loops in the SV590 (since so far the SM580 doesn't seem to have a lot of space for one).

Reactions: ChrisMCP and Sashby

ChrisMCP

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2018
^^
Any update would be nice actually, considering there are simply no competitors to this case. Anything I could find on Taobao and other Chinese sources, as well as local forums are not even in the same league, or go some awkward route, like that sidearm project... So I'm really counting on @KSliger

SilverJS

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 8, 2018
I've combed through the thread quick, but are the only actual renders of the 540 on page two or three or so? Is there anything else? I'm really interested in the 540, as a spiritual successor of sorts to the Breathe and its big brother the Vertex...

Reactions: ChrisMCP

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger any news on this pair? Any update would be great considering we're well into September

Nothing right now, should be back on working on these by late next week. 590 is done, 510 is almost ready for posting to get feedback, 540 is a mess - not sure on when it will be ready.

I've combed through the thread quick, but are the only actual renders of the 540 on page two or three or so? Is there anything else? I'm really interested in the 540, as a spiritual successor of sorts to the Breathe and its big brother the Vertex...

Only the render of it inline with the other cases, I actually split the 540 into like 4 different versions because I can't decide what is useful vs what will eat up SM570 / SM560 sales.

@KSliger,
Could you update the first post with the latest canonical information on these two cases? I was paging through this thread for updates on both and its a little scattered throughout. I'm curious about custom loops in the SV590 (since so far the SM580 doesn't seem to have a lot of space for one).

As soon as I have the cases finalized you got it.

ChrisMCP

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2018
Nothing right now, should be back on working on these by late next week. 590 is done, 510 is almost ready for posting to get feedback, 540 is a mess - not sure on when it will be ready.
Perfect! 590 is what makes it unique, personally, I can't care less for smaller variances, as compromises are simply not worth it.

Reactions: Kruger and Hacko

Kruger

Cable Smoosher
Aug 2, 2019
@KSliger Since the 590 is done (and the case I'm going to get), any idea on when it will go into production? Wondering if I should order an NCase while I wait for the 590.

Reactions: ChrisMCP

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Perfect! 590 is what makes it unique, personally, I can't care less for smaller variances, as compromises are simply not worth it.

Good to know, will push this ahead of the smaller versions.

@KSliger Since the 590 is done (and the case I'm going to get), any idea on when it will go into production? Wondering if I should order an NCase while I wait for the 590.

Page on our site will be up by the 30th if that works for your plans?

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
The 30th works for me. I'm curious about the 540 differences that you came up with though. Any chance you'd be willing to share for some feedback?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
The 30th works for me. I'm curious about the 540 differences that you came up with though. Any chance you'd be willing to share for some feedback?

For the SV540 the GPU is going to be mounted similar to how the M1 mounts it - vertical in the slot - but instead of actually being "in the slot it" will be on a riser and moved to the opposite side of the motherboard.

Basically like BTX form factor via riser. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BTX_(form_factor)

This helps the cooling on this layout enormously as it eliminates the need to get air around the GPU as is the struggle in the M1.
GPU will just pull in air from the side same as the CPU cooler does, and both can then exhaust heat out the top / backside of the case.

At same time though I am not sure if I should make this a vertical case, or a standard layout case like the M1 is.

SV590 will be what is pictured less the black band around the bottom (dropping this takes $10 off the price) and adding some optional mounts for fans/SSD/HDDs on the GPU side. Will only be available in a new black that looks like anodized black, or a matte silver that looks like the clear anodize on a Macbook.

SV510 will basically be the same as the DSE Breathe with some rigidity improvements.