Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Does this mean you're planning on making a smaller Cerberus? Similar to an M1 layout? Please confirm so I can cancel my M1 order if necessary ?
This would make my day! Along with many others I'd guess. :)
No doubt, it'd make more than my day! Man, I really hope it's true. It'd be so awesome.
He answered this in the affirmative on the last page. I don't think that it would be smaller, it's that the innards would be shifted downwards in such a way that an ITX board could be mounted with space for radiators in the top and the bottom.

• Sad
Reactions: Talyrius and Nugget

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
He answered this in the affirmative on the last page. I don't think that it would be smaller, it's that the innards would be shifted downwards in such a way that an ITX board could be mounted with space for radiators in the top and the bottom.

Well it'd be a poor competitor to the M1 then. The Cerberus can fit matx plus a rad or 2. An itx board is shorter front to back as well as height top to bottom. I sincerely hope that means the Cerberus mini would be smaller than a Cerberus.

Reactions: Nugget

Nugget

Trash Compacter
Mar 9, 2019
Well it'd be a poor competitor to the M1 then. The Cerberus can fit matx plus a rad or 2. An itx board is shorter front to back as well as height top to bottom. I sincerely hope that means the Cerberus mini would be smaller than a Cerberus.
Yeah I hope that isn't the case. There is so much community support for a Cerberus mini :(

Last edited:

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Yeah I hope that isn't the case. There is so much community support a Cerberus mini :(
I'm not Sliger so don't take my word as gospel. He was specifically responding to my question about the Cerberus with ITX board shifted down (I think, at least that's what I thought I was asking) because that would give you 280mm support in the top and bottom (like people were asking for in the SM580).

If you want an M1-style system, look at the SV540 which he posted in another thread. It's basically a vertically-oriented M1.

Reactions: Talyrius

srekal34

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2019
@KSliger
The case is great, however one thing is bothering me - if I would like to replace PCIe riser(for example PCIe 4.0) will it need to be made especially for SM580 or any good quality riser will do?

Nugget

Trash Compacter
Mar 9, 2019
I'm not Sliger so don't take my word as gospel. He was specifically responding to my question about the Cerberus with ITX board shifted down (I think, at least that's what I thought I was asking) because that would give you 280mm support in the top and bottom (like people were asking for in the SM580).

If you want an M1-style system, look at the SV540 which he posted in another thread. It's basically a vertically-oriented M1.
Hm, that's strange. I haven't seen requests for that before. I've seen the SV540 but it's not really the same (though it is an interesting idea). Most people love the Cerberus design and options, and there seems to be a lot of demand for a Cerb mini. Hopefully we can get some clarification.

Reactions: CountNoctua

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger
The case is great, however one thing is bothering me - if I would like to replace PCIe riser(for example PCIe 4.0) will it need to be made especially for SM580 or any good quality riser will do?

I would have to make a bracket to adapt it. SM series was designed to be able to use any riser, but catch is we have to make a bracket for that riser.

Hm, that's strange. I haven't seen requests for that before. I've seen the SV540 but it's not really the same (though it is an interesting idea). Most people love the Cerberus design and options, and there seems to be a lot of demand for a Cerb mini. Hopefully we can get some clarification.

There will be both.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger , would you kindly comment about the SM570 manual, please?

It's getting close, have to get a few more things out of the way and will wrap it up in next week or two.

Hey @KSliger,

I'm thinking about picking up one of these to put into an SM550: https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-RTX-2080-Ti-VENTUS-GP.html

According to the dimensions it should fit, but looks like it'll be right up against the case.

Wondering if you've tested this particular card, or seen any builds in the 550 using one?

Cheers!

I have not tested this particular card. I would recommend the SM560, but you should be able to get this into the 560 with very little to spare.

srekal34

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2019
Does anybody know if Corsair XR5 280mm radiator will fit in SM580? Its 140mmx312mm, but I know about the issue with the mounting. Its probably the highest performing radiator that could fit.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Does anybody know if Corsair XR5 280mm radiator will fit in SM580? Its 140mmx312mm, but I know about the issue with the mounting. Its probably the highest performing radiator that could fit.

Based on the dimensions and round corners this will 100% fit!

EU CUSTOMERS

Density Labs is online and taking orders!

La_Moelle

Efficiency Noob
Oct 5, 2019
I am planning on buying a SM560 from Density.
I just have one little question about the side panels, can we swap them from gpu side to cpu side ?