Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Fellas, any idea how the case feet are mounted? Is it screws? What kind of screws?

10-32 studs, feet have threads on inside. What you planning to do?

Inlet/outlet for custom watercooling

Correct

Happy to finally report back that this little 90 degree SATA adapter totally fixed my issue of fitting in a 3.5" HDD on the bottom of my SM580:

Its slim enough to pop onto the back of the HDD while still keeping enough room for the drive to sit flat on the 120mm bracket and worked fine with the Silverstone slim data SATA cable and my Pslate SATA cable coming out of the top, but probably any old SATA cables would fit coming out of the top. Curious to see how the 3.5" HDD will affect temps with both windowed panels too...

Might just add in another RGB strip and then I'll post some pictures!

Will add those as recommended on the product page!

Reebzy

Efficiency Noob
Jul 21, 2019
So I have a dumb question. On the SM580, what are the two round holes that have plastic removable plugs in them on the rear of the case for? I had interference with one and my Gigabyte X570I and had to pop it out and for the life of me I can't think of the purpose of them.
?

Using same mobo. Once you install it you can pop it back in. It’s tight, but it fits.

Personally, I don't like the shape. I wanna see if I can 3D print case feet like the new ncase M1 version or something more triangular on the corners.

Same, I’m not as adventurous as you, so I installed the Cerberus feet.

Reactions: OtackKulandinglar

Supermilch

Case Bender
Aug 15, 2019
I just got the SM580 and started my dual-rad custom loop build.

I managed to fit the XSPC TX240 in the bottom (fits pretty much perfectly with a single 15mm Noctua), however, the top part is what I’m having trouble with. For the top, the listed supported dimensions for the radiator on the website are 328x150x72mm including fan. I got the EKWB CE 280, which lists it’s dimensions as 320x145x45mm, so theoretically it should fit with room to spare on each side. I can’t seem to fit it in however since on each corner the little metal thing that holds the side panel in is in the way.

Any tips for how to make it fit? Are there any other 280mm radiators that are confirmed to work with the SM580? I read earlier in the thread that @KSliger confirmed with EKWB that their parts are supported but I guess they aren’t after all

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger , do you have any ideas regarding this?

I know you recommended bottom to top airflow (using a Corsair H100i Pro 240mm AIO) and both vented panels but I'm not sure about the PSU orientation.

PSU is safe to face either direction, if you have a cheaper gold rated PSU I would put the fan towards the side panel - platinum or titanium you're probably going to get better GPU temps facing the fan towards the PSU. Extra heat won't hurt a good quality PSU.

Has anyone received their front panel io cards yet?

If you ordered the single 20-pin style you should have gotten it by now. The special Type E to USB C front panels are supposed to be here Monday, people should start getting those next week.

I just got the SM580 and started my dual-rad custom loop build.

I managed to fit the XSPC TX240 in the bottom (fits pretty much perfectly with a single 15mm Noctua), however, the top part is what I’m having trouble with. For the top, the listed supported dimensions for the radiator on the website are 328x150x72mm including fan. I got the EKWB CE 280, which lists it’s dimensions as 320x145x45mm, so theoretically it should fit with room to spare on each side. I can’t seem to fit it in however since on each corner the little metal thing that holds the side panel in is in the way.

Any tips for how to make it fit? Are there any other 280mm radiators that are confirmed to work with the SM580? I read earlier in the thread that @KSliger confirmed with EKWB that their parts are supported but I guess they aren’t after all

Oh boy, model I have of the EKWB cool stream has a rounded end on the tube connect ends - looks like they changed to squared off corners as well. Radiator is not going to fit, very sorry on that. Possible you can pick up something with rounded ends like the Alphacool or Primocool 280mm radiators have?

Other thing is you could try to find a position it will mount in and clear both ballstuds, some people have managed to get larger radiators to fit mounting them at a slight angle, or mounting below the lower ballstud.

SM580 is going to get a V2 eventually to be slightly wider to allow more height for CPU pump blocks and fit any square corner radiator.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
SM580 is going to get a V2 eventually to be slightly wider to allow more height for CPU pump blocks and fit any square corner radiator.
!!! This is big news - can you elaborate? Are you going to provide extra space for the Apogee Drive II or something like that? Also would be great if the spine was removable to make it easier to install stuff in the bottom...

Supermilch

Case Bender
Aug 15, 2019
Oh boy, model I have of the EKWB cool stream has a rounded end on the tube connect ends - looks like they changed to squared off corners as well. Radiator is not going to fit, very sorry on that. Possible you can pick up something with rounded ends like the Alphacool or Primocool 280mm radiators have?

Other thing is you could try to find a position it will mount in and clear both ballstuds, some people have managed to get larger radiators to fit mounting them at a slight angle, or mounting below the lower ballstud.

Damn, that sucks. It wouldn't be so bad if EKWB had a return center in the US, but looks like I'll have to ship it back to them to Slovenia

I think I may just get a smaller 140 radiator so I can fit the pump inside the case, like the Alphacool ST30 or XT45. Do you know if that'll fit next to a 140mm fan?

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Damn, that sucks. It wouldn't be so bad if EKWB had a return center in the US, but looks like I'll have to ship it back to them to Slovenia

I think I may just get a smaller 140 radiator so I can fit the pump inside the case, like the Alphacool ST30 or XT45. Do you know if that'll fit next to a 140mm fan?
Consider the HWLabs L-Series Stealth radiators. They are designed for maximum compatibility but still with the excellent performance of HWLabs radiators.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

I don't know if you will have fittings and tubing issue, but you could still use the ek rad if you mount the fans above radiator instead of under.

Reactions: rfarmer

Penguln

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 26, 2019
I got my case in yesterday and I have to say I am not too impressed. There is significant warpage on both side panels and scratches/dings in multiple places. Where the feet are attached at the front wobbles fairly easily and feels like it could break off. This may be expected on a $30 budget case but this thing is $270 before add-ons. Issues.

miklovin

Cable Smoosher
Jan 5, 2019
PSU is safe to face either direction, if you have a cheaper gold rated PSU I would put the fan towards the side panel - platinum or titanium you're probably going to get better GPU temps facing the fan towards the PSU. Extra heat won't hurt a good quality PSU.

If you ordered the single 20-pin style you should have gotten it by now. The special Type E to USB C front panels are supposed to be here Monday, people should start getting those next week.

I had my SM560 order split shipped so that I could receive the case and the io card later. Haven't received the card yet.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

Any 140mm radiator will have no problem, and will fit a 140mm fan next to it.

I got my case in yesterday and I have to say I am not too impressed. There is significant warpage on both side panels and scratches/dings in multiple places. Where the feet are attached at the front wobbles fairly easily and feels like it could break off. This may be expected on a $30 budget case but this thing is $270 before add-ons. Issues.

Email us on this one, will get you a replacement sent out today. Very sorry on the problems, that is not something that should have gone out. We are working on better training for new assembly / QC that should prevent this going forward.

Note that on the bracket under the bottom front feet is a fan baffle, keeps your bottom fan from pulling hot air from inside the case and blowing it back into the case. You can unscrew the feet and remove it. I would not be worried about it breaking off, anything that has enough force to break that off is going to break just about any part of any case.

Last edited:

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
All right here is my SM580, as about as done as its going to get I suppose. Probably could tidy up some of the cables from the 120mm AIO fans and the SATA mess in the front, but overall I'm pretty happy with how everything turned out. Coming from my huge Storm Scout, I'm still amazed at how much power I was able to squish into such a compact case.

Only other thing I can think of would maybe be getting some of the chrome Cerberus feet on it and maybe a ventilated panel for the GPU side. So far temps haven't been crazy when I've been gaming on it so far, but I haven't really been checking the temps too intensely.