Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Alexnader

Trash Compacter
Jun 27, 2019
@KSliger , also is it normal that the bottom fan grills are super thin and that one side is like warped (not really that noticeable unless you feel or take a look at it deeply) compared to the other. I also feel that if you put even just a little force through those grills they will break easily.
Had to add a rubber washer to my fan screws as one of my fans was grinding against the bottom grill

Alexnader

Trash Compacter
Jun 27, 2019
No, mine were tight too. One hole was oval shaped and really grabbed tight. Some holes had metal filings leftover that may increase bite. Make sure you use a correct size driver P1 that isn't worn and be careful. It becomes looser with use, but first release certainly made me nervous.
I'm the original guy, a few pages back, who eff'ed up one of the screws, and it was actually one of those two, lol.

Alexnader

Trash Compacter
Jun 27, 2019
The riser cable in my SM580 seems to pop up a fair amount too. Its not touching the fans on my AIO but its really close. When I get a chance to clean up my cable management I'll probably try to see if I can squish it down at all but otherwise I was just routing some wires underneath it.
Squished mine down, doesn't affect anything ... other than hide the few miserable LED my phantom had.

Alexnader

Trash Compacter
Jun 27, 2019
Image 1
Image 2

Then what was this guy talking about using a socket wrench to get the bracket off? Also he had to mount the AIO through the holes in the top of the case show below

Image 3

Did he not know what he was doing with the case?

He basically says the build quality is not good stripping screws and all. I have a feeling that he was not sure what was going on.

This worries me since im looking to purchase this case

Last question before I purchase will I have any problems running the 2 items below in the SM580

That was me. I never said anything about the build quality, just that some screws stripped super easy.

I also had no clue what I was doing because there is no manual yet. I was trying to get pictures and explanations out literally as fast as I could to help others get a better idea what this brand new case was like.

I'm reading through a ton of pages slowly realizing where I went wrong on a few things. Mainly the wrench was not needed, but clearly I wasn't the only one who wasn't sure/unable to separate the radiator grill.

Back when I was trying, no one else had the case and Ksliger was out sick ... I was all on my own trying everything I could think of (but also not pulling hard enough, clearly, but only so as to not twist/break my brand new $300 case).

Mistrakes were made, but the case is now ready ! Will add a quick album right now.

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
Finally, think I changed enough to show I made mistakes ... FULL ALBUM

And the most recent pictures, showing a lot of what I mentioned in my previous few comments:
Custom Cables, Bent Riser, and 3.5 HDD forced into front.

That poor WD drive be like

:D

Nice build! Very thorough log, too.

TMatzelle60

Average Stuffer
Aug 10, 2019
Alexander sorry I put words in your mouth about quality I wrote that out wrong I love your build and your the reason I wanted to build something like this in this case. You had tons of photos to help me decide compared to others.

Reactions: Alexnader

Alexnader

Trash Compacter
Jun 27, 2019
Alexander sorry I put words in your mouth about quality I wrote that out wrong I love your build and your the reason I wanted to build something like this in this case. You had tons of photos to help me decide compared to others.
Oh no issue at all, just didn't want it to scare people away from the case.

Super glad my pics helped, that was my main goal all along.

Back before anyone had the case, I was so desperate for some size comparison I actually built a little cardboard box model of the case to better visualize.

This was my first SFF build, and as you can see from the pictures, I went from a full-tower monstrosity with SLI motherboard and 11 hard drives to this tiny little devil.

TMatzelle60

Average Stuffer
Aug 10, 2019
Now I have to deal with my Computer OCD lol.

I feel like if I get the Asus Z390i Strix, RTX 2080ti Strix and there new AIO 240mm RGB cooler and the software does not work right and I am stuck on rainbow that ill be pissed at my build.

Do you think im overreacting with the software and should be fine?

TMatzelle60

Average Stuffer
Aug 10, 2019
Sorry everything for all these questions I was wondering will I have any problems running the below AIO since it does not have the fittings on the side of the pump block they come out of the top?

I saw a video were someone put it inside the Ghost S1 which is not as wide.

Again thanks for all the help I like the S24 because it has better cable management

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Sorry everything for all these questions I was wondering will I have any problems running the below AIO since it does not have the fittings on the side of the pump block they come out of the top?

Again thanks for all the help I like the S24 because it has better cable management
The S24 will fit just fine. That's a completely normal AIO, the only special thing is the integrated fan hub. Just place it with the radiator in the top and then the fans underneath it. I have that one myself, although not in a Sliger case, but it will fit fine.

Reactions: CountNoctua

TMatzelle60

Average Stuffer
Aug 10, 2019
The S24 will fit just fine. That's a completely normal AIO, the only special thing is the integrated fan hub. Just place it with the radiator in the top and then the fans underneath it. I have that one myself, although not in a Sliger case, but it will fit fine.

Which case are you using? Just wondering im concerned about the Fitting being on the Top rather then side will it Interfere with the side panel

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

The Ghost is actually wider, 66mm cooler clearance vs 55mm.

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
Hooray, finally got (almost) everything in SM580 cleaned up as best I could and running fine. Just have to wait for the vertical SATA adapter to come for my 3.5" HDD and then hopefully this build will be as done as its going to be.

I'l l try and post some pictures later but FYI, its totally possible to mount the Corsair Commander Pro in the front panel plus the required Fan Hub for the RGB's on the LL140/120 fans. Cable management was a bit of a pain on the fan cables coming from the LL120s on my H100i AIO but zip ties help a bunch there.

Now I just have to test it a bit and see how hot it gets in there with both windowed panels plus a 3700X and 2080 Ti...

Reactions: CountNoctua

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Which case are you using? Just wondering im concerned about the Fitting being on the Top rather then side will it Interfere with the side panel
The fittings come off the radiator just fine? Are you talking about the tubes off the block? You probably want an AIO with tubes coming off the side of the block not the top, if you're talking about the cpu block.

Amenothes

Chassis Packer
Jun 16, 2019
What would be the best fan configuration for the SM 580? I'm using bottom exhaust and top intake from the AIO.

Has someone run temps tests with different configurations?