Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Syrob82

Efficiency Noob
Aug 4, 2019
I ordered sm580 10/7 and so far I have not received anything but confirmation from paypal about the payment. I don't know if this is normal.

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
Finally got around to attaching the handle to my 580. I like that it can be done from the outside of the case with the included Allen wrench in about 15 seconds. :)

I don't need to move the PC just yet - and probably will only need to a few times a year, if that, for when I have friends over and need to move it to living room for VR, or if I need some heavier computing power while travelling - but trying it now, and it's very solid and secure (granted, still won't be swinging around the computer even so, but nice to feel it's safe to carry around... hard to tell that just from stock photos, really have to heft up a fully-laden system). Glad it's not really blocking the airflow, either.

Also happy that the chrome doesn't look out of place or tacky (which chrome sometimes does); fits in well with this build, at least, as it's like the foil wrapper on a chocolate bar. :p

The SM580 showed up in the background of an OptimumTech video today. He was reviewing the Silverstone LD03, but it showed up in the size comparison array.

Yeah, he said in comments that a review is coming soon. He's making his way through quite a number of the boutique/community SFX cases, making for some good thermal comparison numbers, as well.

Last edited:

thoughtfix

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
My final build album and notes are posted:

This has been so fun and so painful at the same time. Thanks for the advice, everyone!

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
All right, so I had some time to tinker with my SM580 again today and my never ending quest to fit a 3.5" hard drive in the bottom continues.

Basically, I've been trying to have a 140mm fan under the mobo and a 3.5" HDD next to that, on the 120mm adapter. Problem has been that while the HDD fits fine next to the 140mm fan, its super snug and basically doesn't allow for the SATA power/data to come out the back of the HDD.

I ordered the Silverstone CP11 Low profile SATA cable and at least for the SATA data, it works perfectly! Problem remains SATA power cables either being too long out the rear of the drive or having just enough cable out the bottom to cause the drive to be uneven and unable to be screwed down via the adapter since there is a little lip in the case between the front panel area and the main body of the case where longer SATA connectors get caught up.

SF750 SATA power connector- too long, hits the case:

PSlate SATA connector- too long, hits the case:

Random SATA cable from my old Corsair HX750- the connector fits! But even pulling the cable underneath taught leaves just enought bulge under the bottom to prevent the HDD from being able to be screwed in:

Is there such a thing as a SATA power cable that either exits out the side or that can be plugged in with the cable coming out the top? The last cable from the HX750 would be perfect if the cable just came out the top instead of the bottom.

Only other thing I could think of would be to use a 120mm fan under the mobo and flip the HDD around so that the cables are exiting nearest the mobo since that would probably free up enough room. Or just get a dremel and get rid of that little lip in the case towards the front ( don't want to do that, as I don't trust my Dremel skills ).

If anybody has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. For right now I think I'm just going to stick a 140mm fan under there and finish cleaning up my cable management.

Reactions: CountNoctua

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
All right, so I had some time to tinker with my SM580 again today and my never ending quest to fit a 3.5" hard drive in the bottom continues.

Basically, I've been trying to have a 140mm fan under the mobo and a 3.5" HDD next to that, on the 120mm adapter. Problem has been that while the HDD fits fine next to the 140mm fan, its super snug and basically doesn't allow for the SATA power/data to come out the back of the HDD.

I ordered the Silverstone CP11 Low profile SATA cable and at least for the SATA data, it works perfectly! Problem remains SATA power cables either being too long out the rear of the drive or having just enough cable out the bottom to cause the drive to be uneven and unable to be screwed down via the adapter since there is a little lip in the case between the front panel area and the main body of the case where longer SATA connectors get caught up.

SF750 SATA power connector- too long, hits the case:

PSlate SATA connector- too long, hits the case:

Random SATA cable from my old Corsair HX750- the connector fits! But even pulling the cable underneath taught leaves just enought bulge under the bottom to prevent the HDD from being able to be screwed in:

Is there such a thing as a SATA power cable that either exits out the side or that can be plugged in with the cable coming out the top? The last cable from the HX750 would be perfect if the cable just came out the top instead of the bottom.

Only other thing I could think of would be to use a 120mm fan under the mobo and flip the HDD around so that the cables are exiting nearest the mobo since that would probably free up enough room. Or just get a dremel and get rid of that little lip in the case towards the front ( don't want to do that, as I don't trust my Dremel skills ).

If anybody has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. For right now I think I'm just going to stick a 140mm fan under there and finish cleaning up my cable management.

I wonder if one of these would work, had one installed previously for drive mounted to the case bottom that didn't have enough room to install regular SATA cables, you can get one here.

TMatzelle60

Average Stuffer
Aug 10, 2019
Quick Question I opened a new post but didn't realize this was here. I was going to go with the ghost till I saw the sm580

Has the side panels being a pain to take off been fixed?
Also any pics of the 2 and 4 SSD mounts on the bottom so I can see how my setup will be

Also I see the top panel needs a socket wrench to get off so I can screw in my AIO?
SM580 Build

In that guys build above you can see to do a top AIO he needed a socket wrench to install

Last edited:

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
Quick Question I opened a new post but didn't realize this was here. I was going to go with the ghost till I saw the sm580

Has the side panels being a pain to take off been fixed?
Also any pics of the 2 and 4 SSD mounts on the bottom so I can see how my setup will be

Also I see the top panel needs a socket wrench to get off so I can screw in my AIO?
SM580 Build

In that guys build above you can see to do a top AIO he needed a socket wrench to install

Side panels aren't difficult to take off. It did take me a few seconds to realize how they come off, since I was expecting them to be screwed on, but it's easy to pop it off starting with a corner.

No pics of the SSD mounts (someone else probably will show up in short order with them, though), but the top panel doesn't need to removed to install an AIO. There's a radiator/fan bracket that clips into it, and is very easy to remove. You don't need anything other than a Phillips-head screwdriver for any part of a normal build, except for the handle which comes with an Allen wrench/hex key.

Last edited:

TMatzelle60

Average Stuffer
Aug 10, 2019
Image 1
Image 2

Then what was this guy talking about using a socket wrench to get the bracket off? Also he had to mount the AIO through the holes in the top of the case show below

Image 3

Did he not know what he was doing with the case?

He basically says the build quality is not good stripping screws and all. I have a feeling that he was not sure what was going on.

This worries me since im looking to purchase this case

Last question before I purchase will I have any problems running the 2 items below in the SM580

Last edited:

TMatzelle60

Average Stuffer
Aug 10, 2019
Thanks I added another question about 2 products will those work fine in the SM580?

Also how should I run fans should I add 2 on the bottom as intakes and put that AIO as exhaust for the i9 9900K that I won't be overclocking and also my Strix 2080ti

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
Thanks I added another question about 2 products will those work fine in the SM580?

Also how should I run fans should I add 2 on the bottom as intakes and put that AIO as exhaust for the i9 9900K that I won't be overclocking and also my Strix 2080ti
yes those should work. double check the dimesions of that gpu just to make sure. but im positive it will fit.

Also, Optimum Tech on youtube will be doing his review of the sm580 soon. he'll more than likely be doing fan configuration and what the best set up will be. i cant wait for that review.

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019

I wonder if one of these would work, had one installed previously for drive mounted to the case bottom that didn't have enough room to install regular SATA cables, you can get one here.
Awesome! Assuming that it doesn't stick out too far or extend too low beneath the drive, that looks like exactly what I'd need. Well, I'll order one and post back in a couple days to see if it works!

TMatzelle60

Average Stuffer
Aug 10, 2019
The 2080ti Strix dimensions below

12 " x 5.13 " x 2.13 " Inch
30.47 x 13.04 x5.41 Centimeter

Thanks for the advice this is a really nice case and is a decent size.