Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
I'm not sure about your setup. I have vented sides and I'm running full exhaust so it's better for me to orient the PSU facing the vented panels so it pulls airs through the side and push it up and out of the case
@KSliger , do you have any ideas regarding this?

I know you recommended bottom to top airflow (using a Corsair H100i Pro 240mm AIO) and both vented panels but I'm not sure about the PSU orientation.

SirisLeOsiris

Cable Smoosher
Jul 28, 2019
Have you considered making the spine screwed in rather than riveted? That would solve some issues with tube routing with AIOs and make it easier to put radiators down there.
He did say it could be done waaaaaaay back but would increase cost $5
opp was reddit, the things you remember
"SligerCases 1 point·3 months ago
I haven't had any troubles with the SM550 or 560 which are riveted in, and I designed this to be very easy to work around the middle rib.
How critical do you think having it removable would be? It's possible, but adds to cost (~$5 per unit)"

This is also how I put mine back together after taking the mid frame out while I was playing with it, screws and nuts.
If it was a production thing it would take more time to build / assemble.

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
He did say it could be done waaaaaaay back but would increase cost $5
opp was reddit, the things you remember
"SligerCases 1 point·3 months ago
I haven't had any troubles with the SM550 or 560 which are riveted in, and I designed this to be very easy to work around the middle rib.
How critical do you think having it removable would be? It's possible, but adds to cost (~$5 per unit)"

This is also how I put mine back together after taking the mid frame out while I was playing with it, screws and nuts.
If it was a production thing it would take more time to build / assemble.

What if the bottom panel was removable? Or is that more technically difficult?

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
Has anyone found a good sized bag for their 570/580 yet? Was looking at some various padded bags for camera gear and mixers and this one from GatorCases that seems all right.
They've got another one of the same model that would fit the length and height of the SM580 a little more snug but the height would only be 5.5" on the bag while the SM580 is listed as 6.1" , so I don't know if the bag would zip up if the SM580 was that much wider than the bag.

NHarmonia

Cable Smoosher
Jul 21, 2019
Got my SM570 today, looks smaller than expected! Any build tips? I have all the parts except RAM now haha
I've a 3700X with a Kraken X52 and an EVGA 2070 Super XC. How should I be orienting the top and bottom fans? I was thinking intake on the radiator and exhaust at the bottom. I have windows on both sides btw

The only thing I don't like about the case is that the cutouts for front IO leave small gaps around the ports, especially for the USB C

Last edited:

wkarma

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2019
Has anyone found a good sized bag for their 570/580 yet? Was looking at some various padded bags for camera gear and mixers and this one from GatorCases that seems all right.

They've got another one of the same model that would fit the length and height of the SM580 a little more snug but the height would only be 5.5" on the bag while the SM580 is listed as 6.1" , so I don't know if the bag would zip up if the SM580 was that much wider than the bag.

Not a bag, but this is a Seahorse 930 rolling case with some custom foam. How I got my 580 to quakecon and back. Southwest lets me carry it on, but some airlines might not.

Pentlandite

What's an ITX?
Aug 7, 2019
Hi,

First time SFF builder here, and first post. About to order an SM580 (plan to go for vented panels). Currently still using an i5-2500k in a case that manages to be both loud and stupidly oversized.

I was hoping I might get someone to take a quick look over a planned parts list to see if there are any problems. I'm not sure if I should look at low profile memory instead (for AIO tubing to get around), or if the Asrock motherboard I have here has poor SATA placement. I'm not keen on the NZXT Cam software that comes with the Kraken X62, but most of 280mm AIO's seem to have tubes that come straight up from the CPU block (eg, BeQuiet, EVGA). I don't care about RGB.

Reactions: CountNoctua

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Hi,

First time SFF builder here, and first post. About to order an SM580 (plan to go for vented panels). Currently still using an i5-2500k in a case that manages to be both loud and stupidly oversized.

I was hoping I might get someone to take a quick look over a planned parts list to see if there are any problems. I'm not sure if I should look at low profile memory instead (for AIO tubing to get around), or if the Asrock motherboard I have here has poor SATA placement. I'm not keen on the NZXT Cam software that comes with the Kraken X62, but most of 280mm AIO's seem to have tubes that come straight up from the CPU block (eg, BeQuiet, EVGA). I don't care about RGB.

Everything there looks pretty great. Consider a thicker 2080 Super (full 3 slot) for quieter operation. With the 2-slot Zotac card you've picked, you'd be better off with the SM570 and a Kraken X52.
No issues with the SATA ports on that ASRock board.
Also - probably don't need the 750W PSU. 600W should be plenty for 9900K+2080S

Star316

Cable Smoosher
Mar 23, 2019
Lmao.

It's alright, i understood what he meant after a few tries. I was just wondering where the fold would be, but I realized I can fold it next to the pcie slot, so now it's sitting flat and nice
Could you post a picture of your fold? I am also having trouble figuring out how to fold it and not make it push against the back of the GPU.

KingSpades

Average Stuffer
Apr 23, 2018
Temporary build until the fan grills arrive

The Arctic Accelero Xtreme iii fits very nicely in this case. SFX-L is a pain in the butt, unsleeved would have made it slightly better (Except for the EPS cable, it needs to be ribboned). NZXT X62 works very well in terms of cable management, since you can hide all the cables behind the front panel. I'll post more on my findings after I complete the final build.

sarcosis

Case Bender
Jul 23, 2019
Temporary build until the fan grills arrive

The Arctic Accelero Xtreme iii fits very nicely in this case. SFX-L is a pain in the butt, unsleeved would have made it slightly better (Except for the EPS cable, it needs to be ribboned). NZXT X62 works very well in terms of cable management, since you can hide all the cables behind the front panel. I'll post more on my findings after I complete the final build.

Which grills did you go with?

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
Do international orders get tracking numbers ? I was requested to confirm my address but it has been more than 10 days since the last communication.