Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Borafuzzle

Average Stuffer
Jun 7, 2019
Just for your guys' information, there is absolutely no need to pop off the top panel to install an aio radiator. You simply need to take out the radiator bracket. For thick radiators for a custom loop, maybe you'd need to take off the top panel

KingSpades

Average Stuffer
Apr 23, 2018
Yikes, test fitted the SFX-L psu and I have a feeling I'm gonna need fan grills. Let's see if clever cabling can mitigate this issue

KingSpades

Average Stuffer
Apr 23, 2018
With the PSU facing the GPU, I wouldn't have any issues. But with how hot the PSU gets when it's facing that way, I don't think it's worth it

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
With the PSU facing the GPU, I wouldn't have any issues. But with how hot the PSU gets when it's facing that way, I don't think it's worth it

So the best way to go is to orient the PSU facing the side panel wherein you'll see the PSU fan if yoi have a windowed panel, correct?

KingSpades

Average Stuffer
Apr 23, 2018
So the best way to go is to orient the PSU facing the side panel wherein you'll see the PSU fan if yoi have a windowed panel, correct?
I'm not sure about your setup. I have vented sides and I'm running full exhaust so it's better for me to orient the PSU facing the vented panels so it pulls airs through the side and push it up and out of the case

wickemu

Efficiency Noob
May 19, 2017
Hi,

Apologies for the lazy question, but I'm wondering if someone could recommend components for building out an SM550. What is the highest usable CPU/GPU combo to run at stock settings (I don't have the patience to test undervolting) for maximum performance without major throttling/overheating headaches? I'd love to go with the windowed panels but would be ok with venting either or both sides (I'm familiar with the semi-passive options as well, though don't know how complicated that is to get dialed in).

KingSpades

Average Stuffer
Apr 23, 2018
Hi,

Apologies for the lazy question, but I'm wondering if someone could recommend components for building out an SM550. What is the highest usable CPU/GPU combo to run at stock settings (I don't have the patience to test undervolting) for maximum performance without major throttling/overheating headaches? I'd love to go with the windowed panels but would be ok with venting either or both sides (I'm familiar with the semi-passive options as well, though don't know how complicated that is to get dialed in).
What are you going to use the PC for? Just gaming?

wickemu

Efficiency Noob
May 19, 2017
What are you going to use the PC for? Just gaming?

That'd be the only system-taxing use, yes. No rendering or video editing or whatnot.

I have an ITX system in play currently with a variety of components that can be carried over (SFX PSU, GTX 1080, SSDs, etc.) but it's running off an old i5 4690k so a lot of it will need to be replaced.

Last edited:

KingSpades

Average Stuffer
Apr 23, 2018
That'd be the only system-taxing use, yes. No rendering or video editing or whatnot.

I have an ITX system in play currently with a variety of components that can be carried over (SFX PSU, GTX 1080, etc.) but it's running off an old i5 4690k so a lot of it will need to be replaced.
Alright, if nobody else helps you out by the time I finish my build, I'll make a pcp build for you

Borafuzzle

Average Stuffer
Jun 7, 2019

I have an ITX system in play currently with a variety of components that can be carried over (SFX PSU, GTX 1080, SSDs, etc.) but it's running off an old i5 4690k so a lot of it will need to be replaced.

Something like this would work great

Borafuzzle

Average Stuffer
Jun 7, 2019
Looks great! Pretty close to what I'd hoped would work.

Any idea regarding ventilation? Could this go windowed or will I need to open up one of the sides?
You will want to go vented on both sides with the fans set to exhaust. You can also choose the gigabyte x570i for your Mobo if you prefer.

wickemu

Efficiency Noob
May 19, 2017
You will want to go vented on both sides with the fans set to exhaust. You can also choose the gigabyte x570i for your Mobo if you prefer.

That's disappointing - I'd hoped to have at least one side windowed. If anyone else has some insight on what options there are I'd appreciate it.

Anyway, i've taken your build and made a few changes to suit my interests and current inventory. I can't seem to find that cooler anywhere though, would the Big Shuriken 3 work well enough as an alternative? I'm using that (or the previous version of that ) in my current build and have been happy with it.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($329.00 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: ID-COOLING IS-60 53.6 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard ($219.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($169.99 @ B&H)
Storage: ADATA SU800 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Purchased For $206.06)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB Video Card ($699.99 @ Best Buy)
Power Supply: Corsair SF 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply (Purchased For $129.58)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit ($139.89 @ OutletPC)
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM 60.1 CFM 120 mm Fan ($29.00)
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM 60.1 CFM 120 mm Fan ($29.00)
Custom: Sliger SM550 ($227.00)
Total: $2369.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-06 19:06 EDT-0400

Reactions: CountNoctua

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@wickemu You need to be careful with the 3700x. It does get some what hot for only being a 65 watt tdp part. Much warmer than a 2600. You already have the 1080. It is a dual slot card? The 550 will take a dual slot. I am not sure what to recommend as a cpu cooler. I had issues keeping my 3700x cool with a Cryorig C7g. Anything smaller will have issues I believe. If you just need something modest for gaming, you could always get a R5 2600 cpu. Those are easy to cool. I even ran a 2080 Ti on it and it didn't bother me.
I would stick to vented panels, especially on the cpu side.
Vented can still look good. Disregard the off colors. Too lazy to fix atm haha.

KingSpades

Average Stuffer
Apr 23, 2018
Word of warning: Do not attempt installing an SFX-L PSU without a fan grill. It simply will not work, not even with custom cables.

Learned that the hard way, now I gotta wait for Amazon to ship me some

• Wow
Reactions: thoughtfix