Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

thoughtfix

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
My apologies! Got confused, thought you were in SM580. Any luck with the DC-LT pump?

Not yet. Everything is just SO TIGHT in there. Every time I think I have a plan, I have to go back. I need to replace my Vengeance Pro RGB memory with something low profile (borrowed 8gb of low profile DDR4 from my partner's machine who now has my Vengeance Pro) and will have to get some very flexy short power cables (looking for UNSLEEVED cables to reduce bulk) so it's slow going.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
I was going to grab a 580 but I think I will wait for a bit. Seems like it's way less complicated to just stick with easy air cooling. I like to just buy whatever I am feeling and seems like at the moment, the Cerberus is easier to make work in that configuration. I think I would rather have slightly bigger dimensions and not have to worry so much about what will fit in there.
I don't know how to get any quieter than silent already with my 560 anyways honestly.

Talyrius

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2018
If you have a Corsair H115i RGB Platinum/Pro, it won't work, so don't even try it. It's a waste of time.
Bad news is I have reports that the 280mm Corsair H115i RGB does not working the SM580 as it has a large end cap that hits the front ball-stud. Future rev of the case will fix this, sincere apologies to anyone that is planning on that AIO - please note to avoid it.
Specifically the Corsair H115i Pro RGB (and I belive the platinum version uses the same rad). It's just a couple mm to big because it's squared off instead of a rounded cap.
The problem is the h115i PRO and Platinum. Not the older h115i. The endcaps on the rad are squared off instead of radiused like most 280mm rads.
This is the difference between the h115i pro rgb on the left and the kraken x62 on the right. Kraken slides right in while the corsair just won't go.

Kicker is both have the exact same listed dimensions.

Do you have a list of AIOs that have been tested to fit?
NZXT x62, Thermaltake Floe Dual Riing RGB 280, and Coolermaster Nepton 280L are the three I have and all fit with radiator on top. The two 140mm AIOs I have work as well, and anything 240mm or 2x 120mm works fine as well.

Work around that I can think of right now is to mount the fans at the top, with the radiator hung from them. This should clear the ball-stud interference and probably will make all the custom loop rads fit too.

I wanted to confirm that wkarma's findings regarding the Corsair H115i RGB Pro also applied to the Platinum as I had already purchased it. Well, after several hours of tinkering with it, I can't find a way to make it work.
Can you try mounting the fans between the problem radiator and the top of the case, so that the radiator is suspended from the fans?

Here's what that looks like:

Although the front ball-stud is now clear, the rear isn't:
It's not that obvious from the photos, but the ball-stud receivers are making contact with the raised portion of the dimpled area of the radiator. The top mounting plate won't let me adjust the radiator any further back even though there's a few millimeters of clearance remaining. However, I don't even know if that'd make any difference.

Here's a top-down view that shows how the panels are now bowing out as a result of the ball-studs not having enough room:

After swapping the panels, it's not as bad, but it's still unacceptable:

I'm going to remove it and look for a different one. I just hope my case isn't f**ked up permanently now. ?

Last edited:

Penguln

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 26, 2019
If you have a Corsair H115i RGB Platinum/Pro, it won't work, so don't even try it. It's a waste of time.

I wanted to confirm that wkarma's findings regarding the Corsair H115i RGB Pro also applied to the Platinum as I had already purchased it. Well, after several hours of tinkering with it, I can't find a way to make it work.

It's not that obvious from the photos, but the ball-stud receivers are making contact with the raised portion of the dimpled area of the radiator. The top mounting plate won't let me adjust the radiator any further back even though there's a few millimeters of clearance remaining. However, I don't even know if that'd make any difference.

Here's a top-down view that shows how the panels are now bowing out as a result of the ball-studs not having enough room:

I'm going to remove it and look for a different one. I just hope my case isn't f**ked up permanently now. ?
Is there a chance the panels would sit flush if the ball-studs or the radiator was filed or machined down? I have access to files and milling machines and am about to order. I already received my h115i platinum. Is the squared end of the h115i actually holding water to the edge or is it just empty with an internal rounded tank. Thinking about milling the corners off at a 45 degree angle.

HyGRADE_HyDRO

Caliper Novice
Jul 25, 2019

wow thx for this. I was gonna try my best to mod the h115i to somehow fit it in the case. thx for taking your time out and trying your best. I hope your case isn't permanently messed up, guess i'll pull the trigger on the nzxt now. someone on reddit was saying they removed the ball studs from the front and window side, but are now unable to close the case and was looking for another way of getting the front and side panels on.

TheCrimsonRL

Chassis Packer
May 22, 2019
Hey @KSliger I incorrectly didn't put the cable option as "both" on the sm580 when I ordered it a while ago... I sent an email about my error and was told that they could fix it and that they would send me a charge for the piece that I added in. My order was just shipped but I didn't get sent the extra charge.. I guess that means that it wasn't sent with/added to the case. How can I order this option?

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
Woohoo! Ordered my case way back on the 4th at launch and got the notification it shipped today! Hopefully I'll have my Pslate cables sometime next week when I get a chance to build!

Reactions: CountNoctua

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

What if you used slim fans at the top? Looks like it will clear the top studs and be a bit higher to clear the lower studs? With the slim fans, there might be room to put the standard fans under the rad for push pull?

Also, placed my order for a carmine red SM560. Super excited!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bioforce

BucDan

Trash Compacter
Jul 17, 2019

So, basically, they won't fit and close properly with the h115i in any orientation. That's good to know. Very unfortunate

Polski03

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2019

How did you mount the 140mm fans/ 280mm up top? I don't see an opening to get the screws in.

Talyrius

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2018
What if you used slim fans at the top? Looks like it will clear the top studs and be a bit higher to clear the lower studs? With the slim fans, there might be room to put the standard fans under the rad for push pull?
If it does work, I'm unwilling to make that compromise. I also can't test it for you as I don't have any on hand.
How did you mount the 140mm fans/ 280mm up top? I don't see an opening to get the screws in.
To remove the mounting bracket, you have to unscrew the four screws (two on each side) that become visible once you've removed the side panels. It fits very tightly, so you'll have to use quite some force to get it out. If you have the handle installed, you'll have to remove that beforehand.

BTW, I wouldn't recommend completely tightening down the radiator/fan screws to the mounting bracket as it'll make it much more difficult to get the right fit for your radiator without the ability to slide it slightly in either direction when reinstalling the bracket into the case.

Last edited: