Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
dang, i ordered on july 4th and no tracking number yet. gotta order the bottom aio bracket and the bifurcated cable anyways but dang.

edit: omg and now i notice the shipping address is wrong. fml @KSliger could you help me remedy this problem?

edit 2: Norah Sliger is the greatest. Thanks again!

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
July 29th is a long ways out. Where are you located in the world? Looks like I'll be without a case and/or computer for 3 weeks. Sliger said a coupon could happen for quakecon for all cases, but I'm still hopeful and just hold on.

Interesting, I wonder if those of us that ordered and missed the Americanmade coupon code and will again miss quakecon code without our orders will get a bit of store credit or our own coupon code to use later?

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
If using the space underneath the power supply for a 120mm aio, do i need to use a slim fan or will a full size fan fit?

Edit - nvm, cant use a 120 aio under the psu in a sm 580. oh well. three slot gpu it is.

Last edited:

Borafuzzle

Average Stuffer
Jun 7, 2019
dang, i ordered on july 4th and no tracking number yet. gotta order the bottom aio bracket and the bifurcated cable anyways but dang.

edit: omg and now i notice the shipping address is wrong. fml @KSliger could you help me remedy this problem?

edit 2: Norah Sliger is the greatest. Thanks again!
I'm in the same boat, ordered in the first couple minutes and all no tracking. Shipping address is correct at least

NHarmonia

Cable Smoosher
Jul 21, 2019
Is there any timeline for new SM570 orders @KSliger? I ordered last night/this morning after switching back and forth between this, the M1 and the steck!

Also what kind of AIO would be recommended for a 3700X? I was thinking of a Kraken X52, but this is my first build in 10 years, and first decently powered one!
I plan on running a 3700X and a RX5700XT(probably the blower models if my Microcenter restocks soon enough...), with window sides. Would exhaust on the AIO at the top and intakes at the bottom work well?

What kind of fans are recommended? Are the Pccooler Moonlight series any good? Or should I go with the more expensive Corsair ones?

Also, how big is the 570? The dimensions on the website make it seem like it's not that much bigger than the 560, but the pictures and dimensions here make it look huge!
I'm sorry for all the questions!

Nugget

Trash Compacter
Mar 9, 2019
Is there any timeline for new SM570 orders @KSliger? I ordered last night/this morning after switching back and forth between this, the M1 and the steck!

Also what kind of AIO would be recommended for a 3700X? I was thinking of a Kraken X52, but this is my first build in 10 years, and first decently powered one!
I plan on running a 3700X and a RX5700XT(probably the blower models if my Microcenter restocks soon enough...), with window sides. Would exhaust on the AIO at the top and intakes at the bottom work well?

What kind of fans are recommended? Are the Pccooler Moonlight series any good? Or should I go with the more expensive Corsair ones?

Also, how big is the 570? The dimensions on the website make it seem like it's not that much bigger than the 560, but the pictures and dimensions here make it look huge!
I'm sorry for all the questions!
The Kraken will probably be perfect, maybe even a bit much for the 3700X (better to have more than less though). On the GPU side, you'll almost certainly want a vented panel. The stock RX5700 has horrendous cooling and would completely suffocate with a window. If you can, I'd hold out for third-party makers to take a stab at it.

The golden standard for all fans is Noctua. I'm sure other fans would be fine, especially if you care about the visuals, but they won't perform as well. If you do care about visuals you can try to pick up some Chromax or Redux fans from Noctua, too. Otherwise, the 3700X has a pretty low TDP so you should be fine with most.

The 570 and 580 are small, but the 550 and 560 are tiny! I'm sure once you see it in person you won't think it's large.

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
The Kraken will probably be perfect, maybe even a bit much for the 3700X (better to have more than less though). On the GPU side, you'll almost certainly want a vented panel. The stock RX5700 has horrendous cooling and would completely suffocate with a window. If you can, I'd hold out for third-party makers to take a stab at it.

The golden standard for all fans is Noctua. I'm sure other fans would be fine, especially if you care about the visuals, but they won't perform as well. If you do care about visuals you can try to pick up some Chromax or Redux fans from Noctua, too. Otherwise, the 3700X has a pretty low TDP so you should be fine with most.

The 570 and 580 are small, but the 550 and 560 are tiny! I'm sure once you see it in person you won't think it's large.

I’d be using a 3700x as well and I’m really contemplating between getting vented panels or not. I’ll probably be using a 2060 Super for the GPU but I’m not sure yet. Are you saying that a vented panel for the GPU side would be really recommended?

Would an unvented or window panel be fine for the motherboard side though? If so, won’t there be issues with the x570 chipset cooling?

As for the Noctua fans, which specific ones are recommended for the bottom fans and rad fans for the Kraken X52?

NHarmonia

Cable Smoosher
Jul 21, 2019

Do you think it'd be possible to cool everything properly if I were to get a SM550 instead? I've read reviews of the 3700X running very hot in other SFF cases with Low Profile coolers (Noctua L9S? Big Shuriken 3?)

aslidop

Chassis Packer
Jun 1, 2019
Noctua NF-A12 would be the replacement for the x52 fans, afaik. It uses 2x120mm fans. I think the SM570 can fit 120mm fans in the bottom as well, 140mm (NF-A14) for the SM580.

I'm using an x62 with NF-A14 Chromax fans and I run Argus Monitor to control fan speeds. Never have to deal with NZXT's CAM software - but my pump is forever at ~1500rpm, as nothing but CAM seems to want to adjust it. Doesn't seem to affect thermal performance enough to care.

Looking forward to my SM580 tracking number!

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
Noctua NF-A12 would be the replacement for the x52 fans, afaik. It uses 2x120mm fans. I think the SM570 can fit 120mm fans in the bottom as well, 140mm (NF-A14) for the SM580.

I'm using an x62 with NF-A14 Chromax fans and I run Argus Monitor to control fan speeds. Never have to deal with NZXT's CAM software - but my pump is forever at ~1500rpm, as nothing but CAM seems to want to adjust it. Doesn't seem to affect thermal performance enough to care.

So NF-A12 is ideal for both rad and case fan? Is there anything good with the CAM software or is it really just pure crap?

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019

good to know about the Argus Monitor to control fan speed. I ordered the x62 for the sm580 but have been hearing about compatibility with ryzen 3000. I wish the sm580 was able to fit a 120 aio under the psu though.

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
looking at your picture, there has to be a way to fit a 120mm aio on the bottom of a sm580. maybe turning the radiator sideways?

Nugget

Trash Compacter
Mar 9, 2019
Do you think it'd be possible to cool everything properly if I were to get a SM550 instead? I've read reviews of the 3700X running very hot in other SFF cases with Low Profile coolers (Noctua L9S? Big Shuriken 3?)
I'm not sure about that. You could probably use the 645LT cooler. I'm hoping we get a mini Cerb/M1 layout so we can use big air coolers.

Ah that's a lot better. Thanks!
Still wish there was some sort of comparison to the NCase M1 or something similar.

Also I am surprised that it looks almost as big as the Cerebrus!
Perhaps a good reference, Optimum Tech has a video with the Cerberus next to the M1 here:

And here, he has quite a range of cases with the 550/60s:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sahaj and NHarmonia

JaPeMo

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
You should be getting tracking numbers!

Bad news is I have reports that the 280mm Corsair H115i RGB does not working the SM580 as it has a large end cap that hits the front ballstud. Future rev of the case will fix this, sincere apologies to anyone that is planning on that AIO - please note to avoid it.

☹ Bad, very bad!!!
I have a new H115i rgb platinum from more a month ago why you confirm can install ?

BucDan

Trash Compacter
Jul 17, 2019
☹ Bad, very bad!!!
I have a new H115i rgb platinum from more a month ago why you confirm can install ?

Can still install. Just need to have the fans mounted to the case instead of the radiator so the fans sit between the top of the case and the radiator.

Reactions: Bioforce

JaPeMo

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
Can still install. Just need to have the fans mounted to the case instead of the radiator.
Omg!!!!

I dont want this... This is litle problem but i dont want install in pull system ☹️

@KSliger please, when you can send case? If not send early I want refund my money.

BucDan

Trash Compacter
Jul 17, 2019
Omg!!!!

I dont want this... This is litle problem but i dont want install in pull system ☹

@KSliger please, when you can send case? If not send early I want refund my money.

You can always have it push air from the top into the case, just have to reverse the air flow in the case. It's a bit counterintuitive as heat rises, and you're forcing it down and out the case at the bottom, especially with the psu exhausting air upward.