Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Planck

Trash Compacter
Jul 15, 2019
I think all of us who had to Email to adjust our orders after placing the orders got moved down the list for the extra labor so don't have tracking numbers yet. I'm okay with that: My fault I goofed on my order to begin with.
I made no adjustment, no tracking here either

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Hey guys, to everyone here who has an SM550, will a 2.5 slot GPU squeeze in there? It seems like it can if it stays within 50mm wide...I emailed Sliger but have not gotten an answer yet or not. I'm trying to pull a trigger on either a 550 or 560, but I really want the smaller model (550). Thanks ahead!

What is the exact model number? I will check for you.

Do you have a list of AIOs that have been tested to fit?

NZXT x62, Thermaltake Floe Dual Riing RGB 280, and Coolermaster Nepton 280L are the three I have and all fit with radiator on top. The two 140mm AIOs I have work as well, and anything 240mm or 2x 120mm works fine as well.

Work around that I can think of right now is to mount the fans at the top, with the radiator hung from them. This should clear the ballstud interference and probably will make all the custom loop rads fit too.

This is the difference between the h115i pro rgb on the left and the kraken x62 on the right. Kraken slides right in while the corsair just won't go.

Kicker is both have the exact same listed dimensions.

Can you try mounting the fans between the problem radiator and the top of the case, so that the radiator is suspended from the fans?

Reverse the fan and radiator orientation in this picture so fans are at top: http://sliger.com/includes/products/sm/sm580/2.JPG

If that's all it takes for it not to fit, I'm not sure I would've cut things that close with the case design. This alphacool radiator I was planning on using has squared corners as well. The EKWB SE280 is also completely square.

Will run to store and get a Corsair or CoolerMaster with the square ends and try the fans above radiator trick and see if that helps clear the ballstud. Should be able to work around this and make both those rads works.

out of all the low profile coolers 55mm or under, which one would you guys pick with for the 3600 ?

L9a is easy to get, or if you are going window panels the semi-passive mode is killer on these low TDP CPUs.

Yeah, no tracking number for me as of yet. Paid via Paypal but also had to email Sliger about adding the 120mm bracket to my order. So maybe thats slowing things down given the deluge of emails it sounds like they're dealing with to make sure orders are correct before shipping out.

Hopefully it'll ship out soon since I wanted to build this week but then again, I'm still waiting on motherboard availability and some Pslate cables, so I guess I can wait some more :)

I think all of us who had to Email to adjust our orders after placing the orders got moved down the list for the extra labor so don't have tracking numbers yet. I'm okay with that: My fault I goofed on my order to begin with.

Most likely it's the email, we had over 1000 emails to our order PC at one point and only 1 person able to be at the PC at a time. Getting a system in place in a few weeks to be able to have 2-3 people with access at same time from multiple PCs. Me out sick and Carla on vacation didn't help. Did not expect the response we had to this launch and the coupon.

If anyone has questions that have not been answered in the last 10 pages or so please let me know, will get you an answer!

I did nothing of the sort, even talked to Ksliger about my order as he suggested and I got no tracking number yet.

Paid with PayPal and no tracking either.

I made no adjustment, no tracking here either

Sorry for the ones that did not get tracking today, we are working OT this weekend and almost every order should have tracking Monday unless you requested any hold or modifications. You might get tracking on Sunday but it will not be active. Matching up emails and making sure we missed nothing is our biggest bottleneck, really sorry on the delays.

wkarma

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2019
Can you try mounting the fans between the problem radiator and the top of the case, so that the radiator is suspended from the fans?

Sorry, already have the NZXT in and most of the cable management done. Build is pretty much done except I need to get some fan grills to keep wires out of the fans. Should be wrapped up tomorrow.

Thanks for the help today!

Mrkhesin

Cable Smoosher
Dec 11, 2018
Hello @KSliger !
I enjoy your work! Thank you!
On site page for SM580 i see contradictory informaition.
It is written that mini-itx and mini-dtx motherboards are supported. But when moving to specifications, there is only mini-itx.
Where is the truth?

volive

Cable Smoosher
Jan 4, 2019
If anyone has questions that have not been answered in the last 10 pages or so please let me know, will get you an answer!

- when will you show us the Thermal Testing Results for the SM570 & 580?
would it include custom loop results for SM580? & AIO for SM570?
- what kind of custom cooling res/pump will fit in the SM580?
- any chance in the future to use tempered glass side windows?
- will I get a better GPU temperature in SM560 vs the SM550?
- does the Bifurcation cable work with PCI-E 4.0?

it would be extremely helpful if there is a common questions section on the first page
&
I know you guys are busy & I appreciate the good work that you do but I want answers ?

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
I
- when will you show us the Thermal Testing Results for the SM570 & 580?
would it include custom loop results for SM580? & AIO for SM570?
- what kind of custom cooling res/pump will fit in the SM580?
- any chance in the future to use tempered glass side windows?
- will I get a better GPU temperature in SM560 vs the SM550?
- does the Bifurcation cable work with PCI-E 4.0?

it would be extremely helpful if there is a common questions section on the first page
&
I know you guys are busy & I appreciate the good work that you do but I want answers ?
I can answer the last three:

1. The price of tempered glass is too expensive for them to manufacture in the US, so the price of the case would significantly increase. Additionally, they want to keep everything manufactured in the US, so no working with China to make the glass.

2. The SM560 will give better temps as it has more room for airflow, especially if you’re using a dual slot card.

3. The bifurcation cable only works with 3.0 at the moment.

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
You should be getting tracking numbers!

Bad news is I have reports that the 280mm Corsair H115i RGB does not working the SM580 as it has a large end cap that hits the front ballstud. Future rev of the case will fix this, sincere apologies to anyone that is planning on that AIO - please note to avoid it.
Dang, i was looking at that one... I guess its time for the nzxt Kraken.

LSDemise

Caliper Novice
Jun 7, 2019
Damn that's the exact AIO I bought, I wish I had known this prior! I don't like being forced into the NZXT because I've heard it has a lot of problems with software. Are there any other better 280mm AIOs that are known to fit?

BucDan

Trash Compacter
Jul 17, 2019
God, you're going to absolutely hate their CAM software. A full year with it and I'm going to bite the loss and get an AIO with no software integration whatsoever.

It's really that bad? Then I'll try mounting the AIO as Sliger suggested, if I had a case with me :). I'll hold onto the H115i then and see what happens.

WGD118

Cable Smoosher
May 21, 2019
Damn that's the exact AIO I bought, I wish I had known this prior! I don't like being forced into the NZXT because I've heard it has a lot of problems with software. Are there any other better 280mm AIOs that are known to fit?

Rumor has it you can get it to fit my mounting the fans between the top of the case and the radiator, but no one has tested it yet.

Instead of mounting the fans below the radiator

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
It's really that bad? Then I'll try mounting the AIO as Sliger suggested, if I had a case with me :). I'll hold onto the H115i then and see what happens.
i ordered the kraken from newegg after watching some videos on the software. i hope its alright. its either the kraken or the evga 280 clc. but im not a fan of the hoses coming out the top of the block. Shame about the corsair 115i platinum I was really leaning to that cooler.

Planck

Trash Compacter
Jul 15, 2019
@wkarma If you don't mind, would you please tell me where the ball stud interferes with the rad vertically? Looking at stock photos, it looks like the top half of a 30mm rad. I was curious if a 12 or 15mm slim fan up top in a push pull config would fix the issue, or even just a 15mm spacer. In theory, a 25mm fan + 30mm rad + 15mm sandwhich should still have clearance according to specs.

Reactions: Bioforce

BucDan

Trash Compacter
Jul 17, 2019
Can you not run the x62 without the CAM software? I thought they said you could on the reddit AMA.
I'm sure you can, but likely can't control the pump speed without it.

As for the Corsair, it just won't look as nice with the radiator visible. Question is, push or pull when mounted up top the case.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
'm sure you can, but likely can't control the pump speed without it.

As long as the pump has a regular fan connector just control it in bios. I do this with all the Corsair AIOs I’ve used. Including the H100iv2 I run now. Asus Ai suite or the like works fine too for monitoring or setting curves. Basically treat the pump like a fan :cool: