Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@Bioforce I hear you! The CerbX is still pretty small. Def something to be said for running an atx board. It does get old figuring what works and what doesnt.
@blakedabarbarian Always take the path of least resistance first. Before replacing all parts In that case, I would backup your stuff and fresh install windows. You need to take the os out of the equation. Trust me, if you swapped machines with same windows, that could very much be the problem.
I am running my 3700x as I said, rigged. Noctua NH-U9S....no side panel....ahahahahaha. Dont even care atm because you dont see that side on my desk.
Won't run it like that forever, just until some of the teething issues get solved and I can settle on a smaller cooler.

blakedabarbarian

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2019
Oh t
@Bioforce I hear you! The CerbX is still pretty small. Def something to be said for running an atx board. It does get old figuring what works and what doesnt.
@blakedabarbarian Always take the path of least resistance first. Before replacing all parts In that case, I would backup your stuff and fresh install windows. You need to take the os out of the equation. Trust me, if you swapped machines with same windows, that could very much be the problem.
I am running my 3700x as I said, rigged. Noctua NH-U9S....no side panel....ahahahahaha. Dont even care atm because you dont see that side on my desk.
Won't run it like that forever, just until some of the teething issues get solved and I can settle on a smaller cooler.
oh this was a 100% fresh build. I’ve tried every combination if setting imaginable. That being said at stock it shouldn’t be an issue, yet it is. Like I said I believe I’ve narrowed the issue down to when the cache is stressed (running C15, time spy, aida locks my system instantly, unless I have a few cores disabled like I do right now)

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
As in cases in time for QuakeCon? or you are going to QuakeCon? because if you are there I'd love to meet up with you.

Heck yea, first time so no idea what I'm in for. Come on by and/or let me know where you will be!

I'll be at our booth most the time, and hopefully @pslate @LukeD and Norbauer will be able to make it too - lots of things in the works!

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
I haven t made my mind yet ! Will there be any other coupon any time soon, so that i impose a deadline to myself.

I am still reading the reviews. Should i go for Intel or AMD.

dfsaqwe

Cable Smoosher
Jun 12, 2019
Yes:

Now here's the rub - does the pump/res interfere with the PCIe power connectors? Does the pump hanging down there block full-length GPUs? How do the tubes fit in the pump with the rad/fans right there?

So many questions...

what pumpres is that?

Planck

Trash Compacter
Jul 15, 2019
XD. At this point I'm debating the merits of maybe getting a Cerberus X instead. No PCIE 4.0 issues with risers, no sacrifices going ITX since I can fit an ATX board, plenty of room for custom liquid cooling and/or my Silent Loop 280, etc.
If you don't need the "backpack" portability of a smaller case, I think the Cerberus X is a great choice. I wish @KSliger or someone else made a slip-on cover that locked under the optional handle for protection during transport, maybe even with modest pockets. I went with the SM580 mainly because it would fit in a Tactik Duffle.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
If you don't need the "backpack" portability of a smaller case, I think the Cerberus X is a great choice. I wish @KSliger or someone else made a slip-on cover that locked under the optional handle for protection during transport, maybe even with modest pockets. I went with the SM580 mainly because it would fit in a Tactik Duffle.

I've come to the conclusion of just getting a Cerberus X instead. I adore the SM580, but the versatility of the Cerberus X was ultimately too appealing, especially given how small the price and sizing difference is.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Sounds good Bio. Anxious to see how it looks.
Not sure how many more Asus boards I will be buying. They have yet to launch an updated bios for the x470 i gaming and people are getting tired of waiting with no word from them. Gigabyte has launched at least 3 updates for their itx offering so far and one so far for the b450 itx taking it to the same agesa as the 570.

Last edited:

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
I've come to the conclusion of just getting a Cerberus X instead. I adore the SM580, but the versatility of the Cerberus X was ultimately too appealing, especially given how small the price and sizing difference is.
I waffled between the Cerberus X and SM580 a bunch but at least for the new build I'm going to do soon, I went with the 580.

But I'm seriously considering just downsizing my current PC into a Cerberus X after I complete my 580 build. The Cerberus X is really nice looking and I love how small it is while still being able to fit an ATX board in it.

Not sure how many more Asus boards I will be buying. They have yet to launch an updated bios for the x470 i gaming and people are getting tired of waiting with no word from them. Gigabyte has launched at least 3 updates for their itx offering so far and one so far for the b450 itx taking it to the same agesa as the 570.
How are you liking the Gigabyte X570-I so far? Since I've been waiting for my SM580 to arrive I've been putting off buying a motherboard for my 3700X/2080Ti build in the hope that maybe Asus would at least announce anything regarding the Strix X570-I but its looking more and more like that one might not be until later in August at this point. So I'm pretty set on the Gigabyte X570-I and just using a usb hub to make up for the fewer USB ports compared to the Asus X570-I.

But of course now the Gigabyte X570-I is out of stock everywhere it seems, so its back to waiting.

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019

Nice, would love to see how the Silent Loop operates in that. I was going to offer to buy it, as I've been meaning to get one since it launched. Love me some 140mm Be Quiet fans. :)

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Since the Silent Loop 280 uses standard fittings and can be disassembled/rebuilt I'm considering in the future possibly adding an additional radiator, a reservoir, and a GPU block into the loop. If I simply unplugged the pump on the waterblock would it be safe to put something like a D5 pump in to run the loop?

Nugget

Trash Compacter
Mar 9, 2019
Praying for a Cerberus Mini ? The sandwich layout is awesome, but air cooling is still king

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
You should be getting tracking numbers!

Bad news is I have reports that the 280mm Corsair H115i RGB does not working the SM580 as it has a large end cap that hits the front ballstud. Future rev of the case will fix this, sincere apologies to anyone that is planning on that AIO - please note to avoid it.

wkarma

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2019
Specifically the Corsair H115i Pro RGB (and I belive the platinum version uses the same rad). It's just a couple mm to big because it's squared off instead of a rounded cap.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018

Bad news is I have reports that the 280mm Corsair H115i RGB does not working the SM580 as it has a large end cap that hits the front ballstud. Future rev of the case will fix this, sincere apologies to anyone that is planning on that AIO - please note to avoid it.

Dodged that bullet XD. The H115i Pro RGB is what I was going to replace my Silent Loop 280 with. I would have thrown it out the window if I went through the hassle of selling my current AIO for one that was "compatible" only to have it not fit lol.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018

Is there anything the end user could potentially modify or file down to fix the issue themselves?