Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@raulnorry I think you want the fans as intake with the closed side panels.
Good luck in getting all that set up. I also have a sff Asetek but said hell with it. Too much a pita to set all up for the cooling
capacity you receive.
That could change though with Ryzen 3. Def not needed at all for 2600 and quiet operation.

To cool my 3700x....I went with a.....rig job that currently has no side panel on the cpu side....rofl. I don't care as ou dont see that side on my desk.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
I've sent an email to BeQuiet's customer support to see if they could give me the exact height of the CPU block. Hopefully they get back to me soon. If it's not going to fit I need to make the decision to sell it while the Corsair H115i Pro is still on sale on newegg lol.

Edit: I should clarify, I have it and COULD measure it myself, but it is still in the box/shrink wrap, which would make it easier to resell. I'm hoping to get an answer from BeQuiet about it's height without needing to open the packaging and measure it myself.

Well customer service was worthless lol. They told me that they won't provide support since they don't officially sell the Silent Loop 280 in the United States (I bought it off Amazon UK and paid international shipping). The customer service representative just linked me to the information from the product page's technical specs, which doesn't have any information on the pump height. I suppose I'll just have to crack open the box and measure it myself. Looking at pictures, though, it appears that even with the fittings on top it isn't much larger than the block on the Corsair H115i which is less than 40mm to my knowledge. Assuming the tubes aren't too thick I'm hoping I'll be able to squeeze it in.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Well customer service was worthless lol. They told me that they won't provide support since they don't officially sell the Silent Loop 280 in the United States (I bought it off Amazon UK and paid international shipping). The customer service representative just linked me to the information from the product page's technical specs, which doesn't have any information on the pump height. I suppose I'll just have to crack open the box and measure it myself. Looking at pictures, though, it appears that even with the fittings on top it isn't much larger than the block on the Corsair H115i which is less than 40mm to my knowledge. Assuming the tubes aren't too thick I'm hoping I'll be able to squeeze it in.
@KSliger stated earlier in the thread (which is what I based my statement on) that AIOs like the EVGA CLC that have hoses coming straight up off the block won't fit. With the metal rings around the BeQuiet I expect it to be even worse.

Reactions: Bioforce

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
@KSliger stated earlier in the thread (which is what I based my statement on) that AIOs like the EVGA CLC that have hoses coming straight up off the block won't fit. With the metal rings around the BeQuiet I expect it to be even worse.

That's unfortunate. I'll pick up the H115i Pro while it's on sale I suppose and see if I can sell the Silent Loop 280 and make my money back.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
What made you go with that model in the first place bio? Not that it's bad but, not something I would go out of my way to import haha.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
What made you go with that model in the first place bio? Not that it's bad but, not something I would go out of my way to import haha.

Found a great price on it during a sale on Amazon UK. Even with the import cost it wasn't much more than Corsair's high end 280's at the time. I really liked that it had a full copper radiator and nickel plated copper cold plate. Also, it is technically expandable. Just a lot of nice features at a not too bad price. The block looked very low profile so I didn't expect it wouldn't fit.

Adding to my woes, the sale on Newegg ended as I was putting the H115i Pro in my cart XD

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Given that getting one in the US will generally run you around $200 after shipping, I'm hoping I can maybe make my money back on it if it turns out anyone is looking for one.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Given that getting one in the US will generally run you around $200 after shipping, I'm hoping I can maybe make my money back on it if it turns out anyone is looking for one.
Hang on to it until you know that it won't fit. Can you remove both hoses? If so, you might be able to put low-profile 90 degree fittings directly on top of the block and make it fit.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Hey @KSliger, I hope you're feeling better and things are progressing well. After seeing the final benchmarks on the AMD parts I've decided to stick with a 9700K for my build, which means I'm ready to order all my parts. However, I'd love to see the promised water cooling example fitments that you mentioned several weeks ago before placing my order, as I intend to do a custom loop in the SM580. I need to know whether the EK-Xres 100 SPC-60 MX PWM performance pump from this kit will fit. My current plan is to buy that starter kit + a GPU block, but if we still can't figure out if that pump/res combo will fit as expected, then I'll need to go with something more complicated like the Eisbaer LT. Would very much appreciate an update!

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Hang on to it until you know that it won't fit. Can you remove both hoses? If so, you might be able to put low-profile 90 degree fittings directly on top of the block and make it fit.
I considered that. Would low profile angled fittings reduce the height enough? Im at the point where im considering just going full custom lol.

BucDan

Trash Compacter
Jul 17, 2019
Hey @KSliger, I hope you're feeling better and things are progressing well. After seeing the final benchmarks on the AMD parts I've decided to stick with a 9700K for my build, which means I'm ready to order all my parts. However, I'd love to see the promised water cooling example fitments that you mentioned several weeks ago before placing my order, as I intend to do a custom loop in the SM580. I need to know whether the EK-Xres 100 SPC-60 MX PWM performance pump from this kit will fit. My current plan is to buy that starter kit + a GPU block, but if we still can't figure out if that pump/res combo will fit as expected, then I'll need to go with something more complicated like the Eisbaer LT. Would very much appreciate an update!

I was eyeing that kit as well as the DIY kit from Swiftech, but I think you'd have to give up GPU length to get it installed because of the pump/res.

The AIO Swiftech would be great, but won't seem to fit up top. Sliger said "maybe", but I'm not so certain because of the measurements. I'll probably just settle for the Corsair H115i Pro

Last edited:

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Is there a general consensus on the "best" CPU waterblock and Pump/res combo for the SM580? Specifically for an AM4 waterblock.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
UPDATE

We are making good progress towards shipping on Friday, will be trying to get a few shipped out tomorrow for people that messaged me about plans / availability such as making QuakeCon.

Delays are mostly checking the orders against emails - have over a thousand emails and matching these up to orders is a PITA - particularly if your email does not match order email or name, nor reference the order ID.

Sorry for lack of communication regarding posts on here and reddit.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
I was eyeing that kit as well as the DIY kit from Swiftech, but I think you'd have to give up GPU length to get it installed because of the pump/res.

Was there ever anything official from @KSliger on mounting locations and compatibility? I'm pretty sure there was a render at some point that showed a pump res combo that didn't conflict with the GPU length.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Was there ever anything official from @KSliger on mounting locations and compatibility? I'm pretty sure there was a render at some point that showed a pump res combo that didn't conflict with the GPU length.
Yes:

Now here's the rub - does the pump/res interfere with the PCIe power connectors? Does the pump hanging down there block full-length GPUs? How do the tubes fit in the pump with the rad/fans right there?

So many questions...

Reactions: Sahaj

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Seems to be way too many "if's" for me haha.

XD. At this point I'm debating the merits of maybe getting a Cerberus X instead. No PCIE 4.0 issues with risers, no sacrifices going ITX since I can fit an ATX board, plenty of room for custom liquid cooling and/or my Silent Loop 280, etc.

Secret-Misthios

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2019
@KSliger Just out of curiosity as I didn't know where else to ask. Not long ago you mentioned you'd be bringing in the near future a form of console styled chassis design for the Sliger lineup. Despite likely being ways off, do you have any sort of preliminary 3d render of it or at least an assumption as to went a drawing could be previewed? Thanks.

Reactions: Talyrius

blakedabarbarian

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2019
@raulnorry I think you want the fans as intake with the closed side panels.
Good luck in getting all that set up. I also have a sff Asetek but said hell with it. Too much a pita to set all up for the cooling
capacity you receive.
That could change though with Ryzen 3. Def not needed at all for 2600 and quiet operation.

To cool my 3700x....I went with a.....rig job that currently has no side panel on the cpu side....rofl. I don't care as ou dont see that side on my desk.
Are you not running your 3700x yet?? I had to order an Asetek. I’m having tea stability issues that are either related to the IMC on my CPU or thermals. Thermals seem unlikely as I can go from being in the 50/60s to hard locking instantly. But I’ve also observed the same behavior when reaching the thermals limit of the cpu during stress. Will be swapping for a replacement on Monday.