Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger You've gotta feel pretty proud that your passion project thread has reached over 100 pages and been so well adopted by the community :D

I am stoked! You guys are awesome, also big thank you to my employees working their butts off to facilitate this, lots of challenges on short notice and they're doing wonderful.

LSDemise

Caliper Novice
Jun 7, 2019
For anyone buying the SM580, the corsair h115i Platinum 280mm is on sale for Prime Day at $105. Not as nice as a custom loop, but hard to argue with the price.
Damn, and I just bought this from Microcenter for $165 a week ago. Nice deal. That’s the RGB Pro one right?

DougmanXL

Cable Smoosher
Jun 18, 2019
I have a gigabyte x570-i motherboard, and one m.2 slot is on the back side if the motherboard, its like that on some other mobo's as well afaik. Do you think I can put a small heatsink on that drive? It looks like it would be behind the riser cable. I have a heatsink thats 1cm tall and I ordered a 3mm tall.

Also, the height limit for pumps of 55mm (I also saw 53mm in here), does that include the socket or the cpu height? I measured the socket and cpu for my new AMD and they're about 8mm tall off the mobo. The kracken pump measures 53mm tall. So will the NXZT kraken pumps fit on a new AMD system? The sm570 pictures show a kraken in inside, but it's Intel.

Also, if the kraken + cpu + socket = 61mm, then will my gigantic corsair dominator ram fit? It measures 57mm tall (from the mobo).

Last edited:

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@DougmanXL The Gigabyte board has 2 m.2 slots. Are you only trying to use the one on the back, or both? There is slight room in the back cutout for the m.2 and it may support a small heatsink but I havent tried to install a second one yet.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Damn, and I just bought this from Microcenter for $165 a week ago. Nice deal. That’s the RGB Pro one right?
There are two h115i coolers, the Pro and the Platinum. They are actually totally different designs from different manufacturers. On phone right now but look up the Gamers Nexus review of the Platinum on YouTube for a comparison

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
I do not think any cases shipped today, I am still out sick. Will get back to shop tomorrow (when no one is there so I don't get them sick) and get an update.

Sorry for the delay I was optimistic but too many small problems we had to sort out + out sick.
Get well soon!

DougmanXL

Cable Smoosher
Jun 18, 2019
@wsgroves

I was going to use both, a 1tb on the front and a 2tb on the back, so I wont need any 2.5" drives. So long, SATA cables! I was hoping to put a heatsink on both m.2 drives if possible, I could put a 3mm thick heatsink on both, but I also have a 10mm one I could use. I dont have my video card yet and haven't owned a Sliger case before (or any SFF case actually), so I'm not completely sure about the clearances of things.

I wonder if putting a heatsink underneath the fan on the front will affect motherboard cooling. The manual said to put on the thermal pad after screwing it down, which doesn't make sense to me, I thought they were like heatsink compound. I might just put a thin 1mm pad under the SSD on the front, since that m.2 doesnt have any chips on the back, it will help it contact the bottom part to dissipate heat, also then it wont obstruct the fan at all for the chassis heatsink.

In any case, I really hope my ram fits...

Last edited:

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@DougmanXL You should not need a heatsink for the one on front. The chipset fan hits it directly I believe.
There should be an adhesive strip that came with the mb. You can try that on the drive back there.

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
What would be the best bang for the buck 240mm AIO cooler for a 3700X on a SM570? Should I also be aware of the RAM height clearances for this case? Mh PSU would be a Corsair SF600 Platinum.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
What would be the best bang for the buck 240mm AIO cooler for a 3700X on a SM570? Should I also be aware of the RAM height clearances for this case? Mh PSU would be a Corsair SF600 Platinum.
Generally speaking, almost all AIOs of the same size perform extremely similar to each other. The differentiating factor is generally aesthetics and fan speed/noise. In the SMxxx cases, you need to make sure your AIO pump/cpu block does not have the tubes coming directly out of the top, but rather out the sides, so that they can clear the side of the case. Any of the various Asetek designs perform almost identically, and you can always swap out the included fans for Noctua A12s for best performance.

I would pick the cheapest 240mm Asetek-based AIO and replace the fans. At 240mm you are spoiled for choice, as its the most popular size.

On a side note - Hey @KSliger, we need a proper name for this family. Calling it the SM5x0 or the SM550/560/etc is lame to type and awful to say. What does the SM in the name stand for? Sliger Mini? Would much rather say the "Sliger Mini Family" or something like that than the alphabet soup. Would make for a sexier thread title, too!

EDIT: The Corsair H100x (which is made by CoolIt, not Asetek) is on sale for $65 after rebate at Newegg until Thursday. The first review of it on KitGuru found it performed well but was LOUD, so replace the fans on it should be quieter. I don't have any experience with CoolIt-based AIOs, so don't consider this a recommendation, but that's a cheap option at the moment.

Last edited:

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018

As long as you aren't using those double stacked 32GB RAM modules you should be fine. The clearance for RAM should be the same as the CPU cooler clearance at 55mm. G.skill Trident Z modules are only 44mm tall, for example. The tallest single stack RAM I can think of is Corsair's Dominator Platinums which fit perfectly at 55mm tall.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
In the SMxxx cases, you need to make sure your AIO pump/cpu block does not have the tubes coming directly out of the top, but rather out the sides, so that they can clear the side of the case.

Just how poor of a fit are the ones with top mounted tubes? The cooler I was expecting to use is the BeQuiet! Silent Loop 280 which has a fairly low profile looking block, but with tubes coming straight out the top. Supposedly they're pretty flexible and are designed with protection against kinking, so I'm hoping I'll be able to smush it in.

DougmanXL

Cable Smoosher
Jun 18, 2019
@wsgroves
Oh, ok. The bios fan can shut off if the chipset is running cool now. I'm not sure if that takes the ssd into account. The same bios update also allows custom fan curves, I'll just allow it to run silently always then.

@Bioforce
I would try test fitting it by mounting it on a motherboard, smushing it down with a board and measuring it (be careful not to scratch the motherboard though). I'm hoping we have ~61mm from the motherboard to the glass, but I'm kinda guesstimating. I wonder, is the distance from the motherboard to the glass panel the same as in the SM560? If so, then someone with one could just measure it... I like measuring things.

Last edited:

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
@Bioforce
I would try test fitting it by mounting it on a motherboard, smushing it down with a board and measuring it (be careful not to scratch the motherboard though). I'm hoping we have ~61mm from the motherboard to the glass, but I'm kinda guesstimating. I wonder, is the distance from the motherboard to the glass panel the same as in the SM560? If so, then someone with one could just measure it... I like measuring things.

I've sent an email to BeQuiet's customer support to see if they could give me the exact height of the CPU block. Hopefully they get back to me soon. If it's not going to fit I need to make the decision to sell it while the Corsair H115i Pro is still on sale on newegg lol.

Edit: I should clarify, I have it and COULD measure it myself, but it is still in the box/shrink wrap, which would make it easier to resell. I'm hoping to get an answer from BeQuiet about it's height without needing to open the packaging and measure it myself.

Last edited:

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
So I picked up a Asetek 545LT from a friend of mine that I'm going to stick in my SM560 to cool the 3600 I also just got haha. Is there any definitive "best setup" for these coolers? I've got windowed and solid panels, so I'm kinda going back and forth between setting the radiator and bottom fan for intake or exhaust.