Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
What are people's opinions on Slate Grey vs Obsidian Black? I'm on the fence about which one I like more. The internals on my PC are most likely going to be predominantly black, with a black RGB-free water block, Noctua Industrial 140mm fans which are black with dark brown vibration dampeners and no rgb, etc. Would it look better with a matching black exterior, or do people think more of a two tone look with the grey exterior would look better? I'm leaning towards Slate Grey.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Tired of black.

That was pretty much my entire justification for liking Slate Grey. Every PC case comes in black. It just seemed a little more unique. I think white is off the board for me because I don't like how smooth and glossy it is. I prefer the powder coated matte texture.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
BAD NEWS: price on the SM cases had to be increased due to tariffs on the risers and front panel boards (cannot find a supplier outside of China for these) and the % requirement that NewEgg will take.

SM550 is now $219

SM560 is now $229

SM570 will be $259

SM580 will be $269

GOOD NEWS: FREE US SHIPPING (and international rates should be substantially cheaper!)

Example shipment to UK for an SM560 decreased from $54 shipping to $21.

UPS should be an option for international customers shortly as well.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
BAD NEWS: price on the SM cases had to be increased due to tariffs on the risers and front panel boards (cannot find a supplier outside of China for these) and the % requirement that NewEgg will take.

SM550 is now $219

SM560 is now $229

SM570 will be $259

SM580 will be $269

GOOD NEWS: FREE US SHIPPING (and international rates should be substantially cheaper!)

Shipping for me was somewhere in the $20 range in the U.S. so the free shipping more or less offsets the cost difference. That's fine I guess.

Reactions: pwnedundies

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019

SM550 is now $219

SM560 is now $229

SM570 will be $259

SM580 will be $269

That is damn amazing, please release the kraken already the wait is killing us :D

crag

Chassis Packer
Apr 19, 2019
Shipping for me was somewhere in the $20 range in the U.S. so the free shipping more or less offsets the cost difference. That's fine I guess.
Shipping for my order was $48.59 but I'm betting "FREE US SHIPPING" excludes Alaska like most things tend to :)

GerryMz

Average Stuffer
Apr 23, 2019
Got my hands on a Cryorig C7G (CU + Graphene). I'll be trying it in the SM560 with a delidded 8700k using a 120mm fan adaptor with a thin noctua fan.

Also, another quick shoutout to Ksliger. Accidentally ordered a grey one, and requested it be changed to a black one. Got an almost immediate response and got it changed successfully. Probably the best customer service I have ever seen among the SFF sellers I've dealt with.

did ever get to test out the cooler? what kinda temps were you getting while on load/gaming?

sheltem

Chassis Packer
Apr 13, 2018

Do you have an ETA on Newegg availability? Is pricing going to similar to Sliger's storefront?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Do you have an ETA on Newegg availability? Is pricing going to similar to Sliger's storefront?

NewEgg will be exact same price (still with free shipping!) but no configuration options but will be only be available in white with vented panel both sides. Black / Grey / Red /window panels etc will be through our site.

Date depends on how the 570/580 launch goes - will either be end of this month or mid next month. Cant afford to over-build inventory.

JaPeMo

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019

SM550 is now $219

SM560 is now $229

SM570 will be $259

SM580 will be $269

SM580 -> $269 With handle?
Ship to Spain?

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
SM580 -> $269 With handle?
Ship to Spain?
JPM! Nice to see you around fellow Spaniard ;).

Nonetheless, last I checked for the 560 model shipping to Valencia (Spain), it was about 40USD, which is a reasonable price. Also, down from the 90USD initially when the project started, so far Sliger is doing such an amazing work with shipments as we go on.

Reactions: JaPeMo

cmill

Caliper Novice
May 21, 2019

SM550 is now $219

SM560 is now $229

SM570 will be $259

SM580 will be $269

Thanks for being up front, and also this seems like a net wash as the cost increase is basically equal to shipping!

JaPeMo

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
JPM! Nice to see you around fellow Spaniard ;).

Nonetheless, last I checked for the 560 model shipping to Valencia (Spain), it was about 40USD, which is a reasonable price. Also, down from the 90USD initially when the project started, so far Sliger is doing such an amazing work with shipments as we go on.
Hi @Alur .

Jun, 3rd talk with @KSliger by email and said me that send to Spain have cost likely $80...

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
@KSliger why you put riser like a option?

Maybe the people have one to install and cost of case will be more low

I second this idea. Since the included riser only supports PCIE 3.0, I know that I'm going to have to replace it anyway at some point. I'd rather just get my own PCIE 4.0 capable riser now and not have to waste money on a 3.0 riser that will only last me until next year when I get a 4.0 card. Having it as an optional item could be nice.

On that note, does anybody have suggestions for a PCIE 4.0 capable riser? All a Google search turns up is a company called "Linkup" that I know nothing about.

Edit: A little more digging shows that 3M makes a 4.0 capable riser.

JaPeMo

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
I second this idea. Since the included riser only supports PCIE 3.0, I know that I'm going to have to replace it anyway at some point. I'd rather just get my own PCIE 4.0 capable riser now and not have to waste money on a 3.0 riser that will only last me until next year when I get a 4.0 card. Having it as an optional item could be nice.

On that note, does anybody have suggestions for a PCIE 4.0 capable riser? All a Google search turns up is a company called "Linkup" that I know nothing about.

Edit: A little more digging shows that 3M makes a 4.0 capable riser.
Maybe is the same PCI riser... I don't know...

EDIT: Confirmed!!! Is the same or compatible

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
A little more digging shows that 3M makes a 4.0 capable riser.
What do you need a PCIe 4.0 riser for? I asked this same question and quickly realized it was irrelevant. PCIe bandwidth on GPUs is complete overkill at the moment. You don't need even 8 lanes of PCIe gen 3 to run any single GPU at full speed. All PCIe4 is good for at the moment is IO like SSDs that can actually saturate their links, and the only reason this becomes relevant to SSDs is because the M.2 form factor only has enough traces for 4 lanes, so M.2 slots are doubling in speed. If they were PCIe-attached in 8x or 16x slots, the jump to PCIe4 would be irrelevant.

Also, the PCIe Bifurcation case makes all this even more messy. The Bifurcation risers I believe need two cards running at the same PCIe speed to function properly, so I don't think you can even do one 8x slot at PCIe gen4 and one 8x slot at PCIe gen 3, but who knows since the whole "standard" is poorly documented.
So don't get wrapped around the axles on PCIe4 risers. The only place it seems to matter right now are on M.2 SSDs, and generally speaking these don't need risers.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Don't need one atm but need and pc don't go too well together hah.
The riser that ships with the case is not 4x compatible. There could be a upgraded one possible in the future but this is a v1 case and was created before any of the 4x announcements.
There may be one available in the future.