Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Yeah, I'm surprised to hear that the H115i Pro is supposedly so quiet. I think it was less than a year ago every review I read about Corsair coolers said the same thing. Amazing cooling performance, but at full speed the fans sound like jet turbines. They must have done a serious revision of their fans recently.
Here is the GN Review

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018

Ah, that makes a bit more sense now. They hardcap the fan speed to 1050 RPM so that people CAN'T run them at high noise levels. Those fans have some impressive low speed performance though. I'm surprised to see that even with the low speed cap it more or less keeps up with other coolers. I'm actually shocked that it beats the Silent Loop 280 in noise normalised results. I would have expected the Silent Loop's copper radiator to have pushed its performance a little beyond the aluminum radiator loops. I think the culprit is likely the fans. While the Silent Loop is very high quality in that it has copper fins, a nickel plated cold plate, and a new pump design that is supposedly very quiet, they actually don't ship it with their best fans. It comes with their "pure wings 2" which are their lowest tier budget oriented fans. I'd be curious to see how the H115i Pro and the Silent Loop 280 compare if you were to swap their fans out for Noctua fans and thus compared purely the performance of the pumps and radiators to each other.

Reactions: rfarmer

LSDemise

Caliper Novice
Jun 7, 2019
Hey y’all. Made an account after lurking this thread for days. Making an itx VR build and the sm580 seems to tick every box I have. I wanted a case with a handle, a usb c port, and very good airflow.

My question is are there specs on how big of a cpu air cooler would fit? I want to do a 2080 (possibly 2080 super?) Ryzen 3000 build. I haven’t decided on the Ryzen chip because one has a 65w TDP where as the 3800x has I believe 105. I’m apprehensive on an AIO build, so if I could fit a robust Noctua in there I will just stick with air. There’s also the issue of the new x570 boards requiring fans which I assume will be eating into clearances

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Hey y’all. Made an account after lurking this thread for days. Making an itx VR build and the sm580 seems to tick every box I have. I wanted a case with a handle, a usb c port, and very good airflow.

My question is are there specs on how big of a cpu air cooler would fit? I want to do a 2080 (possibly 2080 super?) Ryzen 3000 build. I haven’t decided on the Ryzen chip because one has a 65w TDP where as the 3800x has I believe 105. I’m apprehensive on an AIO build, so if I could fit a robust Noctua in there I will just stick with air. There’s also the issue of the new x570 boards requiring fans which I assume will be eating into clearances

Most of the basics can be found on page 1 of the thread in KSliger's original post. If you're planning to air cool, there is probably better choices than the SM580. It only supports CPU coolers up to 55mm tall and was designed specifically to fit a 280mm and 120mm radiator in it. If you want to air cool but still fit a large GPU, the SM560 may be a better pick. People have found that using vented panels and a low profile downdraft CPU cooler with the two bottom fans configured as exhaust gives very good GPU and CPU temperatures. If you really want a larger CPU cooler, the Sliger Cerberus X might be a better pick as it fits a wide variety of tower coolers such as the Scythe Fuma Rev. B.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Talked to ADT Link who makes our riser and the riser in the Dan A4 v4 - confirmed the current risers work for these new AMD boards as 3.0, but do not support PCIe 4.0.
They are working on a PCIe 4.0 and PCIe 5.0 riser as well, but nothing available anytime soon.

For future reference, what length of riser cable do the SM570 and SM580 require?

cmill

Caliper Novice
May 21, 2019
Yeah, I'm surprised to hear that the H115i Pro is supposedly so quiet. I think it was less than a year ago every review I read about Corsair coolers said the same thing. Amazing cooling performance, but at full speed the fans sound like jet turbines. They must have done a serious revision of their fans recently.
I actually bought the H115i pro and replaced the fans with Noctua's right away... even with an overclock of 5.1 on all cores of my 9700k the fans stay on the minimum 400rpm setting... i cant hear a thing. It's freakin aweseome!

Reactions: Bioforce

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
I actually bought the H115i pro and replaced the fans with Noctua's right away... even with an overclock of 5.1 on all cores of my 9700k the fans stay on the minimum 400rpm setting... i cant hear a thing. It's freakin aweseome!

Impressive. Thank you for sharing. I'll have to test my system out with the included Pure Wings 2 and then put some Noctua's on it and see how it compares. The most confusing thing to me about BeQuiet's decision to put the Pure Wings 2 fans on their AIO's is that they advertise them as "airflow optimized" fans rather than pressure optimized like you would normally see on AIO fans. I'm assuming the decision was made since the Pure Wings fans are so quiet. The intention was likely to prioritize noise over performance, but I question the logic of that as a better cooling fan inherently reduces its own noise as it cools better and doesn't have to run as hard. Guess I'll find out through my own testing eventually.

LSDemise

Caliper Novice
Jun 7, 2019
Most of the basics can be found on page 1 of the thread in KSliger's original post. If you're planning to air cool, there is probably better choices than the SM580. It only supports CPU coolers up to 55mm tall and was designed specifically to fit a 280mm and 120mm radiator in it. If you want to air cool but still fit a large GPU, the SM560 may be a better pick. People have found that using vented panels and a low profile downdraft CPU cooler with the two bottom fans configured as exhaust gives very good GPU and CPU temperatures. If you really want a larger CPU cooler, the Sliger Cerberus X might be a better pick as it fits a wide variety of tower coolers such as the Scythe Fuma Rev. B.

Thanks for the reply, I am still on the fence about cooling and I have until July to think about it. Something about water cooling gives me the willies, but it does seem to have come very far from my last build a decade ago in terms of simplicity. Care to recommend a good AIO?

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
I have used aio's since they first released. I like them but I think I am gonna stick with regular air coolers for awhile.
Guru3d, Techpowerup, gamersnexus, all great places with some AIO reviews.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Probably the most reasonable pick right now is the Corsair H115I Pro. It is one of the quitest 280mm AIO's on the market right now, performs surprisingly well despite its low noise fans, is widely available in the US at prices that aren't too awful, and Corsair has an amazing warranty on their AIO's. If I'm not mistaken I believe they offer a lifetime warranty against leaks and the warranty covers your entire PC.

Last edited:
Reactions: wsgroves

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
the issue of the new x570 boards requiring fans which I assume will be eating into clearances
This is a huge problem for the best air coolers. Stuff like the Black Ridge and others will definitely hit the tall heatsinks on boards like the Asrock, Asus, and Gigabyte x570 boards. All the more reason to use water on Ryzen 3000, at least until we see what B550 boards look like next year.

I actually bought the H115i pro and replaced the fans with Noctua's right away...
May I ask why? Were you unhappy with the existing fans noise or performance? And did you replace with A14s or A12 Sterrox with adapter? I plan on grabbing the h115i for the same reasons Bioforce mentioned, but hoping I don't have to replace the fans.

Sahaj

Average Stuffer
Dec 10, 2017
@ermac318 That is what I said earlier about the new boards. Definitely gonna be some issues with coolers.

I'm still thinking about your random reboot issue. If you take everything out of the case and run it on, say, a table, do you still get the random reboots? Would eliminate or confirm an electrical short as the cause.

Reactions: wsgroves

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Thanks @Sahaj I just have not had the time yet to rip it apart again. I am going to try to do that when I get a chance. Between myself and the kids getting sick, the fun never ends.
There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to it. Could do it while im doing nothing on the desktop, or not do it for a day or two.
Sometimes it just hard locks and turns the monitor off. About 5-10 seconds later the fans start spinning at max speed on everything. I have to pull the power cable to get it to shut off.

Reactions: Sahaj

LSDemise

Caliper Novice
Jun 7, 2019
This is a huge problem for the best air coolers. Stuff like the Black Ridge and others will definitely hit the tall heatsinks on boards like the Asrock, Asus, and Gigabyte x570 boards. All the more reason to use water on Ryzen 3000, at least until we see what B550 boards look like next year.

Yeah. The more I think about it, the more likely I am to go water. I’m planning on getting the aorus i x570 pro WiFi. I appreciate the Corsair suggestion, I’ll look into that AIO.

Separate question but will the 570/580 have a handle option? I saw that on the Cerberus and love the idea. I must have it lol

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Yeah. The more I think about it, the more likely I am to go water. I’m planning on getting the aorus i x570 pro WiFi. I appreciate the Corsair suggestion, I’ll look into that AIO.

Separate question but will the 570/580 have a handle option? I saw that on the Cerberus and love the idea. I must have it lol

Will have a handle!

Also for anyone that ordered over weekend and shipping was outrageous please try again now. If you did check out we are happy to refund the difference.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Guaranteed on site by 7/1 for order, but working to pull that date more like the 19th-21st. Busy as can be!
When will the final dimensions and compatibility be posted? I'm looking around at 280mm radiators and double checking if they can fit, some cross-flow rads are extra long and so I'm worried they'll fit in the top based on the diagram you posted earlier.

Reactions: Bioforce