Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger Do you have an ETA for the SM 580?

Will be available by 7/1. I have 100 in production now, should be done late next week, just waiting on our shipping box. We can probably start shipping these earlier than that but it will be in an oversized box with bubble wrap. Would have to confirm with each customer on shipping.

crag

Chassis Packer
Apr 19, 2019
which ryzen are you planning to cool and with which cooler??

I'm going to get the 3700X, it has 8C16T in only 65W.

As for the cooler, I don't know, but plenty of time to start researching that end of the deal since the CPUs don't launch for another month. I don't plan on overclocking, I'd rather run cool and quiet if possible.

Reactions: SFF EOL

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I think it's time that Sliger finally get its own Vendor sub-forum. @confusis? There is way to much info in this one monolith topic that covers a series of cases (plus the future ones), makes it very hard to find to proper information (especially if one has been away for a while :).
That's a @PlayfulPhoenix call there! (I only do content pretty much)

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

I'd really prefer to stay here if there's a choice.

Really wish the Cerberus thread could be moved back here too.

Ever since it was moved there the frequencies of posts died off drastically and traffic went to nothing.

Honestly might be better for all parties if all the vendor sub-forum case threads were in this main cases and project forum. Would be good to have all the NCase / Chimera / Laser3D / NFC / Dan / etc. main case threads in here too.

Makes it easy to browse a ton of options and see all the different things everyone is working on, regardless of vendor, rather than navigating all over the forum.

The vendor specific forums would be better for support questions.

WGD118

Cable Smoosher
May 21, 2019

As for the cooler, I don't know, but plenty of time to start researching that end of the deal since the CPUs don't launch for another month. I don't plan on overclocking, I'd rather run cool and quiet if possible.

I am planning on running the 3700x as well but I really want to over clock it to 5 GHz so I am waiting to see what the Ryzen 3 overclocking headroom is. Also with overclocking in mind I am pretty sure I will have to go water cooling. I just want 5 GHz on all cores, I know it wasn't going to come factory but I want to hit that with overclocking.

Personally I think moving any thread off the main page is a death sentence for the thread and a major blow to any company that is selling the product. The amount of eyes on product you lose is significant. I don't think a large thread should ever be moved without the express request of the thread creator.

The only exception to this being if the thread was made in the wrong location but by the time you hit 20 pages that should have been sorted out long ago.

Reactions: TheLobsterHatMan

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
With slim fans on the radiator at top, yes.
Important to note - the Daughter Card on the Crosshair VIII Impact will not fit, which is your only option for M.2 storage. I don't have exact measurements but it is at least 70mm tall which means its way too tall to fit in a sandwich-style case.
If you're cool with using SATA storage then it will fit.

1s44c

Caliper Novice
Mar 30, 2019
I would personally go towards the stix board because of the "8" phase vrm and because bios is better and because the vrm is actively cooled

Mango

Trash Compacter
Apr 10, 2016
Last edited:
Reactions: scatterforce

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@TheHig Yea, the Gigabyte board will be fine. Their x470 itx board was terrible by most people's standards but it did perfectly fine as well.
There is no way the new one will be at the x470 level. I would not be running a 16 core @5 ghz in it so it's all mostly a moot point.
Look at your use case and go from there.
Don't expect every cpu to hit 5 ghz. It would be nice though.

cmill

Caliper Novice
May 21, 2019
Will be available by 7/1. I have 100 in production now, should be done late next week, just waiting on our shipping box. We can probably start shipping these earlier than that but it will be in an oversized box with bubble wrap. Would have to confirm with each customer on shipping.
I'd happily do whatever to get one of the first 100! Whenever you have them done let me know, I have a system laying out on a 2x4 frame right now that is dying to move into an actual case!

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
If at all possible I'd rather avoid active cooling on the motherboard. I'm really hoping a good ITX board comes out that can do without it.
@TheHig Yea, the Gigabyte board will be fine. Their x470 itx board was terrible by most people's standards but it did perfectly fine as well.
There is no way the new one will be at the x470 level. I would not be running a 16 core @5 ghz in it so it's all mostly a moot point.
Look at your use case and go from there.
Don't expect every cpu to hit 5 ghz. It would be nice though.

The fact that it does NOT employ active cooling actually makes it rather desirable to me. Those tiny fans make annoying noise and have dubious lifespans. I'm hoping that since the SM580 has such large airflow potential for an SFF case that a passively cooled motherboard will handle the 3900x. I don't plan to run a PCIE 4.0 SSD RAID configuration, which from what I understand is part of what pushes the chipset to such high temperatures.

GerryMz

Average Stuffer
Apr 23, 2019

I'm also looking to cool the 3600 which has 65w TDP but I'm not sure if I should go with the black ridge, cryorig c7 cu or the BS3 (passively cooling), I also just found out about ID-Cooling is-60

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Sadly, the Gig board does have a fan. Hate that crap also. The IO showd sits up so high, it may be an issue for all but the smallest or aio coolers. The ASRock version even sits in the no no zone.
Probably def gonna be 65w cpu for me.
Also, anandtech says the Gig itx is a 8-phase vrm.

With the way these boards are designed, I dont know if anything like the BS3 etc will fit, let alone in the proper orientation.

Reactions: GerryMz

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Sadly, the Gig board does have a fan. Hate that crap also. The IO showd sits up so high, it may be an issue for all but the smallest or aio coolers. The ASRock version even sits in the no no zone.
Probably def gonna be 65w cpu for me.
Also, anandtech says the Gig itx is a 8-phase vrm.

With the way these boards are designed, I dont know if anything like the BS3 etc will fit, let alone in the proper orientation.

Actually just saw that myself. I had read somewhere that it was passively cooled, but now that I've taken a look at it in Buildzoid's video, yeah, clearly has a fan. Buildzoid seemed to love the board though.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
I am sure it will be good. I have a X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WiFi in a custom Cougar build I did and its a outstanding board.

lazy868

Cable Smoosher
Feb 22, 2019
Are there any places that sell dust filters for the side panels?
I love the SM650, just not a fan of the lack of dust filters for the side panel, I have a lot of dust where I live.

lazy868

Cable Smoosher
Feb 22, 2019
They have one for the 550.
They only have top and bottom filters, not seeing any made for the vented side panel.
If one of their other generic filters can work, I'm all ears.

Just noticed that you can order custom filters from them, guess I will have to go that route after I get the case and make some measurements (if no one else already has the measurements).