Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Yea I just bought a magnet for the front of mine. I dont use any drives in front or anything so it wont be a bother.
So, a good update.
I just played Metro for an hour with fans at max speed, basically 1900 rpm give or take. GPU power target was 80% and my max temp on the 2080 Ti was 80c. That I can live with, although the fans are a bit loud. Clocks were around 1650ish in game. The cpu temp again was good at max 59c.
I dont hear the fans all that much with the headphones on but would still like a bit quieter.
I am going to work on increasing the cpu speed as temps so far, are not an issue for it.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Finally finished our Thermal Testing document today, updated the site and first post of this thread for anyone looking for it!

I don't have any comparisons to other cases for same CPU and heatsinks - but look for something from SFF Network in the next few weeks / month or so!

Also apologies to everyone whose SM560 did not ship this week. We had the problem with the boxes, and ran out of time today by the time we had replacements. Will get them all out Monday!

Thatoe

Cable Smoosher
Sep 15, 2018
Getting 404 too. Very interested in seeing the results.

Could you also give some thoughts on this please? @KSliger
Would it make sense to get vented panel for the GPU side and leave the stock fans on, with acrylic panel on the motherboard side while semi-passively cooling the CPU?

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
Found it! http://www.sliger.com/includes/products/sm/sm560/SM550-560 THERMAL BENCHMARKS.pdf

It was under the 560 directory tree, not the 550. Also concerned about the raw FTP directory trees being open to the web, @KSliger...

For feedback on the charts, it would be helpful to have tables or at least indicators for peak temperatures of all of the coolers. The lines kinda blur with each other because they are so clustered together and makes it difficult to ascertain exact values.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sahaj

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Found it! http://www.sliger.com/includes/products/sm/sm560/SM550-560 THERMAL BENCHMARKS.pdf

It was under the 560 directory tree, not the 550. Also concerned about the raw FTP directory trees being open to the web, @KSliger...

For feedback on the charts, it would be helpful to have tables or at least indicators for peak temperatures of all of the coolers. The lines kinda blur with each other because they are so clustered together and makes it difficult to ascertain exact values.

Nothing on the site is sensitive or involved with processing payments. Wouldn't trust FTP as far as I could throw it.

Should be under both trees now since I'm too short on time to fix the page right now.

Will make those changes next week, good idea.

Getting 404 too. Very interested in seeing the results.

Could you also give some thoughts on this please? @KSliger

I have not tested the GPU vented and CPU unvented for the semi-passive.

I would recommend to use the window both sides, GPU doesn't seem to benefit from the vented panel at all due to the clearances / bottom fans. See pink lines on the graphs.

I'm out of here for weekend - catch you all Monday!

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Finally finished our Thermal Testing document today, updated the site and first post of this thread for anyone looking for it!

I don't have any comparisons to other cases for same CPU and heatsinks - but look for something from SFF Network in the next few weeks / month or so!

Also apologies to everyone whose SM560 did not ship this week. We had the problem with the boxes, and ran out of time today by the time we had replacements. Will get them all out Monday!

Thank you for that document! It's very well made. I'm especially happy to see that whether or not the panels were vented or windowed the GPU temperature seems unaffected, with the windowed temps actually looking slightly better. I think that solidifies my decision to go windowed on the SM580, assuming it performs comparably.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Great to see the GPU results unaffected by panel type.

Couldn't find any mention of it, but the side on shot of the 580 showed a decent gap under the PSU area, was there enough space for a bottom mounted 120mm radiator and fan in this space? It looks like there are but I don't know how the holes on the bottom line up.

Reactions: rjeftw

giraffesinmybalcony

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 15, 2018
I will talk to our deburr team, these should be sanded enough to not really notice.

PM me and we'll see what we can do.
it's not necessary to PM you as i did not purchase the case as of yet, but just a general observation.

but more importantly, may i know if the pushpins for the Cerberus line of cases are also secured in the same manner as the SM560? if so, does it have the same issues as well?

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
Great to see the GPU results unaffected by panel type.

Couldn't find any mention of it, but the side on shot of the 580 showed a decent gap under the PSU area, was there enough space for a bottom mounted 120mm radiator and fan in this space? It looks like there are but I don't know how the holes on the bottom line up.
He said before there was 60mm between the bottom of the PSU and the floor of the case, but if you put a rad there it might end up interfering with the GPU on the other side.

E0000B6FAF25838

Caliper Novice
Mar 28, 2019
Looks like even if your RAM was short enough, the overhang if you oriented the cooler that way would interfere with the PSU, wouldn't it?

Bummer.

FYI, got some of my parts in and put them together. I got Team Dark Pro RAM and removed the piece on top by using a hex screwdriver. After doing that, the Pallas 120 clears it by a hair. This puts RAM clearance for this cooler at about 37mm.

I'm using the same ROG Strix B450i as wsgroves, and can confirm the overhang when oriented over the RAM. I don't have calipers, but it seems to be between 2-2.5 cm hanging over. Earlier KSliger indicated that it might still clear the PSU, so I'll update once I have my case.

Looking at the photos on the product page, I doubt very much that it'll fit.

Last edited:

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
+1 for removal of the top part of the Team Dark Pro memory heat spreader. I have also to fit a pump/ res over the mobo in my CerbX.

The kit is quite low profile once this is done and B- Die to boot. Really worth considering for these cases.

Good call @E0000B6FAF25838

Thatoe

Cable Smoosher
Sep 15, 2018
Just ordered the SM560 with window on both sides!
I'll be building in it the second I get the case. (ordered with 2 day shipping)
Will be using ASRock Z390, delidded 8700K, Big Shuriken 3, EVGA 2080 Ti XC Ultra (probably with fans on), either A12x25s or ML120 (for A E S T H E T I C S).
Will definitely post a lot of pictures once done.

Assuming I get everything in time, it will also be following me on an Asia trip in 2 weeks!

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Here are photographs of my build. The BS3 looks great in the SM550. Ill be honest to say that the case fan only configuration works much better with lower TDP CPUs, or locking down the 9900k to be “Intel” stock at 95w. My vented panels should be here midweek next week, and they will greatly help out with the 2080ti. However for the cpu cooler, if I were to use a vented panel, I’d have to downgrade the cooler, and I don’t think the smaller cooler would be able to keep up with my overclocked 9900K. Size wise, this case is very exciting as a windowed alternative to the A4-SFX.

CPU side:

GPU side:

XBox controller for scale:

Passive cooling isn’t really working out for me personally. I’m thinking to move back to a case which accommodates either a 240mm AIO, or a to another case that accommodates the new NH-U12A.

In the mean time, this is how I’m running my rig:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Here are photographs of my build. The BS3 looks great in the SM550. Ill be honest to say that the case fan only configuration works much better with lower TDP CPUs, or locking down the 9900k to be “Intel” stock at 95w. My vented panels should be here midweek next week, and they will greatly help out with the 2080ti. However for the cpu cooler, if I were to use a vented panel, I’d have to downgrade the cooler, and I don’t think the smaller cooler would be able to keep up with my overclocked 9900K. Size wise, this case is very exciting as a windowed alternative to the A4-SFX.

CPU side:

GPU side:

XBox controller for scale:

Passive cooling isn’t really working out for me personally. I’m thinking to move back to a case which accommodates either a 240mm AIO, or a to another case that accommodates the new NH-U12A.

In the mean time, this is how I’m running my rig:

Looks great Nanook, what are temps like with the fan on the BS3?