Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
Hi, like how you already have this case out ready to buy!

Was curious what's the expected dimensions going to be like for the 570 and 580. Just wanted to see how much larger the AIO versions would end up.

On reddit he said the AIO cases would be around 3 inches taller, length and width should be the same.

Reactions: Sahaj

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
I really hope the future EU distributor is Overclockers. Had lots of positive shopping experiences with them, their customer service and even bought my DAN V2 from them.

I’m sure Caseking.de would be just as good too, but being from the UK I’d prefer OCUK. I’m sure it’d be one of the those two either way, not sure which other EU retailers offer these style of cases.

Reactions: JaPeMo

xtopher

Cable Smoosher
Jul 16, 2018
I know I'm being picky but I gotta ask since these are pre-production photos and I'm very interested in buying a few of these.

Will the air gap between the side panel and where it meets the case still be there?

Will the "square cuts" for the audio jacks and USB C still have all that extra space towards the front of each of them?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
I know I'm being picky but I gotta ask since these are pre-production photos and I'm very interested in buying a few of these.

Will the air gap between the side panel and where it meets the case still be there?

Will the "square cuts" for the audio jacks and USB C still have all that extra space towards the front of each of them?

The gap on panels is tightened up on the production units.

The cuts for the audio and USB C has to stay, if we do not cut those reliefs it looks really deformed when bent.

I really hope the future EU distributor is Overclockers. Had lots of positive shopping experiences with them, their customer service and even bought my DAN V2 from them.

I’m sure Caseking.de would be just as good too, but being from the UK I’d prefer OCUK. I’m sure it’d be one of the those two either way, not sure which other EU retailers offer these style of cases.

Not CaseKings, newer company but the person behind it knows what they are doing - will be carrying these cases and Cerberus / X.

Reactions: Sahaj and veol

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
@KSliger - will the EK Phoenix blocks fit in the watercooled versions? They are 240mm rads but they are kind of long because the pump and res is integrated into the radiator. For reference, its size is 295 x 133 x 68mm and it (for the most part) doesn't fit in the NCASE M1...

Also - any chance the 92MM Asetek AIO used in the Dan Case can be used here in a similar place?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger - will the EK Phoenix blocks fit in the watercooled versions? They are 240mm rads but they are kind of long because the pump and res is integrated into the radiator. For reference, its size is 295 x 133 x 68mm and it (for the most part) doesn't fit in the NCASE M1...

Also - any chance the 92MM Asetek AIO used in the Dan Case can be used here in a similar place?

Confirming the EK Phoenix will fit in the SM580.

No support for the 92mm AIO as it was a surprise it came back, and I did not support 120mm as once you go big enough for a 120mm you can fit a 240mm.

Also the site is updated with renders of the new vented side panels we voted for here, hope to have pictures ready by tomorrow.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Also the site is updated with renders of the new vented side panels we voted for here, hope to have pictures ready by tomorrow.

It's a little hard to tell from the pictures; how are the panels affixed to the frame? I'd be curious as to how hard it would be to mod a 4mm stand-off to accommodate a big-Shuriken2 with fan to compare to the passive cooling approach.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
I made a prototype of the SM560 in both 55mm and 75mm, the 75mm looks awkwardly boxy. Not sure on it. Almost certain I will keep the 55m height for the 560 as well for the same cooler setups.
any chance you have a photo of the 75mm version (ideally next to the 55mm)? I can see how you'd like to stay away from the cube-case aesthetic. I'm also in the camp of desiring room for an L12S, though I'm quite curious to see how the fanless heatsinks stack up against the traditional <50mm coolers.

Reactions: LegendsofMace

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Confirming the EK Phoenix will fit in the SM580.

No support for the 92mm AIO as it was a surprise it came back, and I did not support 120mm as once you go big enough for a 120mm you can fit a 240mm.

Love the new side panel renders!

I asked about the 92mm as there might be some interested in using it at the bottom front of the case in the smaller version without the 240mm AIO top. Assuming there's space below the graphics card and PSU cables, could it fit like it does in the DAN if one was able to mount it? Or dimensionally does it just not fit?

Reactions: LegendsofMace

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Love the new side panel renders!

I asked about the 92mm as there might be some interested in using it at the bottom front of the case in the smaller version without the 240mm AIO top. Assuming there's space below the graphics card and PSU cables, could it fit like it does in the DAN if one was able to mount it? Or dimensionally does it just not fit?

Glad to get some kind words on the side panel design change. =]

You would have to cut some holes for it to work, the vent location for the 120mm fan is where it "looked" best - not where it would be compatible with a 92mm AIO. If I'd know that cooler wasn't dead I'd have included it as an option.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
any chance you have a photo of the 75mm version (ideally next to the 55mm)? I can see how you'd like to stay away from the cube-case aesthetic. I'm also in the camp of desiring room for an L12S, though I'm quite curious to see how the fanless heatsinks stack up against the traditional <50mm coolers.

Let me finish up the testing on the 55mm coolers and the coolers without fans, and will get you information.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Glad to get some kind words on the side panel design change. =]

You would have to cut some holes for it to work, the vent location for the 120mm fan is where it "looked" best - not where it would be compatible with a 92mm AIO. If I'd know that cooler wasn't dead I'd have included it as an option.
Got it. Too bad on the timing then - I think the idea of a 3-slot Dan A4 with the 92mm AIO is really appealing, but I guess we'll have to wait a while for maybe Rev 2 :)
I'll probably have wait for the SM580 then.

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Got it. Too bad on the timing then - I think the idea of a 3-slot Dan A4 with the 92mm AIO is really appealing, but I guess we'll have to wait a while for maybe Rev 2 :)
I'll probably have wait for the SM580 then.
If it’s a 3 slot, no point on having a 92mm aio when you have space for a 120mm aio. Just curious as to why maintain 92mm aio for a similar style dan case with 3 slot gpu support.

Reactions: rfarmer

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
If it’s a 3 slot, no point on having a 92mm aio when you have space for a 120mm aio. Just curious as to why maintain 92mm aio for a similar style dan case with 3 slot gpu support.
Could you fit a 120mm AIO in the SM560? I don't think @KSliger confirmed that. I would think that most 120mm AIOs are too thick to fit under there. The benefit of the 92mm is both its area and width, plus a 14mm fan option to make it even thinner. But if one could put a 120mm AIO under the graphics card in the SM560, then that's even better, and I'm sold!

Reactions: Mistercloudz