Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Shinken1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2019
Think I'll be grabbing one of your white SM550 cases, Just going to hold out a little to see other owners experiences as I'm in the UK and know all sales are final + shipping brings the cost close to $300.
Really liking the design & how quickly the case was made available

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
Wow, those long thin vents on the ventilated side panels are going to flex real easy, maybe introduce a staggered vent pattern instead?

Sahaj

Average Stuffer
Dec 10, 2017
We will also be offering unpainted for DIY people.

Dude! Gorgeous! So well done. Can't wait to get one, just trying to figure if I should go for the 560 or hold out for the handled edition, or just buy the different top later once it's available.

So I can't tell from the photos so far how the unpainted would work --- this is something where the colored panels would be what's unpainted, I imagine? Do those sections sort of pop off or would you have to paint it in place?

Also, would you mind sharing the custom cable lengths you used in the original shots? Thank you!

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018
@KSliger, is the only vented side panel available the one with slits running end-to-end? I'm not much on windowed side panels because I don't really want to see inside my system. With the vented side panels shown, I wouldn't be any better off than I would be with a windowed side panel--or using no side panel at all. Otherwise, it's a beautiful case. I love the red!

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Wow, those long thin vents on the ventilated side panels are going to flex real easy, maybe introduce a staggered vent pattern instead?

Think people are used to the gauge of material used on other cases, they're plenty strong. But in the interest of people opinion here's the other two designs I almost went with. Let me know your opion, not too late to change what we go with.

@KSliger, is the only vented side panel available the one with slits running end-to-end? I'm not much on windowed side panels because I don't really want to see inside my system. With the vented side panels shown, I wouldn't be any better off than I would be with a windowed side panel--or using no side panel at all. Otherwise, it's a beautiful case. I love the red!

The standard unvented panel will work great for cooling and keeping stuff safe.

As far as a vented panel and doing a lot of small holes to make it harder to see into the case is not possible as it bows the panel. Each hit displaces material and stresses the material left behind, resulting in a potato chip like panel when done which has to be run through a flattening roller a few times, then sometimes still is not usable.

Dude! Gorgeous! So well done. Can't wait to get one, just trying to figure if I should go for the 560 or hold out for the handled edition, or just buy the different top later once it's available.

So I can't tell from the photos so far how the unpainted would work --- this is something where the colored panels would be what's unpainted, I imagine? Do those sections sort of pop off or would you have to paint it in place?

Also, would you mind sharing the custom cable lengths you used in the original shots? Thank you!

Just unpainted panels, chassis will still be painted. Will do pictures as soon as we can, had terrible luck with buying parts for our photoshoot and our aggressive release dates for these 4 cases.

The cables are from: https://www.pslatecustoms.com/

They are the same set as the Dan A4 cables. He's not accepting orders right now, but give him a few weeks should be able to!

Think I'll be grabbing one of your white SM550 cases, Just going to hold out a little to see other owners experiences as I'm in the UK and know all sales are final + shipping brings the cost close to $300.
Really liking the design & how quickly the case was made available

Good idea, will get more testing data for people too in the next few weeks. Had our main test motherboard be DOA. (it started having troubles getting to POST from the first time we powered it on before we even got it into a case. Ran for like 3 hours in our case and then wouldn't POST after we rebooted to install a driver.)

Have an EU distributor coming in the next few months too!

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
Staggered patterns all looked really odd, long stringers aren't weak. Think people are used to the gauge of material used on other cases. But in the interest of people opinion here's the other two designs I almost went with. Let me know your opion, not too late to change what we go with.

I think that looks better (both 1&2, but I prefer img2), but I think matching the top ventilation would be ideal for consistency. I personally favor the perforation vents from the Cerberus though

Last edited:

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
Think people are used to the gauge of material used on other cases, they're plenty strong. But in the interest of people opinion here's the other two designs I almost went with. Let me know your opion, not too late to change what we go with.

The standard unvented panel will work great for cooling and keeping stuff safe.

As far as a vented panel and doing a lot of small holes to make it harder to see into the case is not possible as it bows the panel. Each hit displaces material and stresses the material left behind, resulting in a potato chip like panel when done which has to be run through a flattening roller a few times, then sometimes still is not usable.

Just unpainted panels, chassis will still be painted. Will do pictures as soon as we can, had terrible luck with buying parts for our photoshoot and our aggressive release dates for these 4 cases.

The cables are from: https://www.pslatecustoms.com/

They are the same set as the Dan A4 cables. He's not accepting orders right now, but give him a few weeks should be able to!

Good idea, will get more testing data for people too in the next few weeks. Had our main test motherboard be DOA. (it started having troubles getting to POST from the first time we powered it on before we even got it into a case. Ran for like 3 hours in our case and then wouldn't POST after we rebooted to install a driver.)

I like the first of the other two designs that you almost went with. It should be enough to provide adequate space for airflow while maintaining its structural integrity (if you decided to change it). Hopefully the 560 can still accommodate the 75mm cooler without looking boxy.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
I like the first of the other two designs that you almost went with. It should be enough to provide adequate space for airflow while maintaining its structural integrity (if you decided to change it). Hopefully the 560 can still accommodate the 75mm cooler without looking boxy.

Well dang, that was the one I was leaning towards and I got talked out of it. Let me get a few others opinions / agreement and we'll change it to that!

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
I like both of the alternative vent patterns better than the current stringers. That said, I'm in agreement with Demon Boy and think that side panels that match the top vent pattern would be ideal.

As far as CPU clearance height, I'm a fan of more clearance to accommodate an L12s or BigShuriken2. Atleast unless the data shows that bottom mounted 120mm and passive sinks (like you showed with the shadowrock LP) are
adaquate.

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Will they vented panels come included as well as glass panels? Or it’s one of them? I would most likely have vented side for the gpu and glass on cpu side.

enricko7

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2018
Hey @KSliger, where did you end up getting the USB-C cable from? Do you have a link perhaps? Otherwise I could snag a spare from your webstore.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Hey @KSliger, where did you end up getting the USB-C cable from? Do you have a link perhaps? Otherwise I could snag a spare from your webstore.

It's built into the front panel PCB, so can't be separate. I have tried to get our vendor to make one for Cerberus in USB C for two months now and we keep having... problems with it. Hope to get it resolved shortly.

Option 1 has my vote.
Agreed! I'll be in for windowed, but if I went vented I'd pick the first alternate.
I agree. The alternative vent patterns feel more in line with the design.

That's enough votes for me - thanks guys!

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019

As much as I want the case right now, I will have to wait as our fellow UK member, I am from Spain and with shipping costs it goes up to 300$ without taking into account taxes.

Looking forward to it badly, great job Ksliger!

PD: First picture for the vented windows, looks perfect with the rest of the aesthetics.

Last edited:

DarkForce

Efficiency Noob
Jan 31, 2019
Same everything as 550, but 3rd slot on width.

335mm x 151mm x 208mm or 10.52L

550 is 9.7L

Picture with 550 on top and next to a 560. Also shows the vented side panel design.

Hi, like how you already have this case out ready to buy!

Was curious what's the expected dimensions going to be like for the 570 and 580. Just wanted to see how much larger the AIO versions would end up.