Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

shokwaav

Caliper Novice
Sep 27, 2018
Size comparison just for fun!

Which case is which?

jirachijirachi

Caliper Novice
Jul 16, 2018
Correct, with the fans blowing from bottom to top, and no vents on the side it opens up a lot of bigger coolers than the A4 or Ghost allow.

Also had this album I posted over at /r/sffpc to show a few more pictures

My motherboard was DOA, so I can't test anything this weekend without taking apart a PC I'm using. =/

Does that mean that there's no fan actually attached to the heatsink itself and the heat dissipation is entirely done by the case fan below?

Sahaj

Average Stuffer
Dec 10, 2017
Hey @KSliger, sorry for taking you away from working on the actual case - super excited for it, and amplified by not realizing it existed until you posted in /r/sffpc. :)

What do you recommend for those of us who want the handle, but also want the case ASAP? Can we support you by putting in a pre-order of sorts on the handle part? What's most helpful to you to gauge interest and keep orders/comms straight?

Thank you!

Reactions: Alur

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Does that mean that there's no fan actually attached to the heatsink itself and the heat dissipation is entirely done by the case fan below?

Yep! Hated the fan noise from the Cyorig C7, so jerry rigged my Shadow Rock LP without a fan - amazing how quiet it ran my OC 9600K without hitting over 78C in burn in test. Mind that is with really cheap bulk crappy thermal paste and no de-lid.

Could possibly take the fans/shroud off a 3 slot GPU and cool both CPU and GPU with just two 120mm fans. I will have to test.

@KSliger is this coming in slate grey like the Cerberus too?

Trying to decide between grey and bringing back Ecru, taking pictures today - will likely take a vote.

Hey @KSliger, sorry for taking you away from working on the actual case - super excited for it, and amplified by not realizing it existed until you posted in /r/sffpc. :)

What do you recommend for those of us who want the handle, but also want the case ASAP? Can we support you by putting in a pre-order of sorts on the handle part? What's most helpful to you to gauge interest and keep orders/comms straight?

Thank you!

I don't even have a design for the handle done yet, so would not be able to establish a price. Plus I do not want to take money early for anything.

I am happy to either setup an email list, or follow up on here and SFFPC to let you know when it is ready though! Will look into the email list later this week.

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
Yep! Hated the fan noise from the Cyorig C7, so jerry rigged my Shadow Rock LP without a fan - amazing how quiet it ran my OC 9600K without hitting over 78C in burn in test. Mind that is with really cheap bulk crappy thermal paste and no de-lid.

Could possibly take the fans/shroud off a 3 slot GPU and cool both CPU and GPU with just two 120mm fans. I will have to test.

This aspect of the case really has some potential in my eyes. I'm not sure how well a GPU would fair since the heatsink is further away from the fans, but I'm sure a creative duct could possibly fix that.

Might just be my new case to replace my current DAN V2.

Reactions: Sahaj

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
Nothing yet, I was going to edit the OP for this thread to be for 550/560 and make a new thread for 570/580. But might just make this one thread about all 4 since they're all so close.

Hmm by the looks of it, the 560 might support 140mm fans on the bottom rather than just 120mm due to the increased with.

Since the 550/560 are so similar, do you plan for them to release simultaneously?

blisscalintz

Caliper Novice
Jan 20, 2017
Hmm by the looks of it, the 560 might support 140mm fans on the bottom rather than just 120mm due to the increased with.

Since the 550/560 are so similar, do you plan for them to release simultaneously?

From the reddit forum he said to expect the 560 (3-slot) a week or two after release of 550. Here's also a handy breakdown to confirm your suspicions of the 140mm fan.

SM550: 2 slot, air cooled (2x 120mm fans)
SM560: 3 slot, air cooled (2x 140mm fans)
SM570: 2 slot, 240mm AIO on top + 2x 120mm fans in bottom (4x 120mm fans total)
SM580: 3 slot, 280mm AIO on top + 2x 140mm fans in bottom (4x 140mm fans total)

Last edited:

veol

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 4, 2019
Since the cooler height is 56mm for the 2 slot cases, and 75mm for the 3 slot cases, I'm tempted to opt for the 3 slot case just so that I can stuff in a Noctua L12s in there for cooling, and the extra GPU slot will allow for some of the thicker graphics cards that have been coming out recently to fit without any worries.

But then again, the passively cooled Dark Rock LP with 2 x 120mm case fans looks so sleek, and it seems like its working well for @KSliger. Decisions, decisions...

Can't wait to see the product page for these cases!

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
I think I'll decide when he does the fan less gpu set up. An Accelero without the shroud is ~2 slots and the Morpheus 2 is ~3 slots. Maybe I'll just buy both.

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
From the reddit forum he said to expect the 560 (3-slot) a week or two after release of 550. Here's also a handy breakdown to confirm your suspicions of the 140mm fan.

SM550: 2 slot, air cooled (2x 120mm fans)
SM560: 3 slot, air cooled (2x 140mm fans)
SM570: 2 slot, 240mm AIO on top + 2x 120mm fans in bottom (4x 120mm fans total)
SM580: 3 slot, 280mm AIO on top + 2x 140mm fans in bottom (4x 140mm fans total)

Perfect to get the 570 then. Can’t wait :)
I wonder if my gtx 1080 ti ftw3 will fit inside.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

Case is live on site for soft-launch / pre-orders!

First dibs to readers on this forum, will let the Redditors know later this week with an update on the SM560 and the SM570/580.

www.sliger.com/products/cases/sm550/

Since the cooler height is 56mm for the 2 slot cases, and 75mm for the 3 slot cases, I'm tempted to opt for the 3 slot case just so that I can stuff in a Noctua L12s in there for cooling, and the extra GPU slot will allow for some of the thicker graphics cards that have been coming out recently to fit without any worries.

But then again, the passively cooled Dark Rock LP with 2 x 120mm case fans looks so sleek, and it seems like its working well for @KSliger. Decisions, decisions...

Can't wait to see the product page for these cases!

I made a prototype of the SM560 in both 55mm and 75mm, the 75mm looks awkwardly boxy. Not sure on it. Almost certain I will keep the 55m height for the 560 as well for the same cooler setups.

SM560 is still like a week out. SM550 is up now.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
So I'm guessing no Ecru?

No it's coming back, just no pictures yet. We will also be offering unpainted for DIY people. Those are the two most common requests.

If you do order go ahead and check out as black, reply to the order confirmation that you want Ecru or unpainted, and we'll make it happen!

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
No it's coming back, just no pictures yet. We will also be offering unpainted for DIY people. Those are the two most common requests.

If you do order go ahead and check out as black, reply to the order confirmation that you want Ecru or unpainted, and we'll make it happen!

Awesome! Now just gotta decide on whether to grab the 550 or wait for the 560 and what panel type. There's no way to order multiple panels right?