Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

anoldfriend

Trash Compacter
Jun 23, 2018
Beautiful case!
Will the 3 slot version launch at the same time as the 2 slot?

Just saw the reddit post! End of march for 3 slot.

Nice =)

Last edited:

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
If you’re able to hit commercially available, sub $200 shipped to the continental US for both air versions I think you’ve a big hit on your hands. The photos look slick and I can’t wait to see the rest of the lineup.

A question on cooling: how little did vented(/no) panels help, and at what speed were the 120mm fans for that test? I have no doubt you can get sufficient air with two 120’s, but I would prefer to run them quietly (e.g. <800-1000rpm for a12x25’s) and I wonder how feasible that is if they’re the sole airflow source

DKsystem

Average Stuffer
Sep 13, 2016
Maybe I'm being very picky, but one only thing that makes me reluctant is the window layer seen from the side. Can we have the window layer smaller than the side panel so that its not visible from the side? This really kills the aesthetic detail. (applies to Cerberus too)

Reactions: readeh

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Maybe I'm being very picky, but one only thing that makes me reluctant is the window layer seen from the side. Can we have the window layer smaller than the side panel so that its not visible from the side? This really kills the aesthetic detail. (applies to Cerberus too)

No way to make this happen, our vacuum table on our CNC machine broke so we cannot bevel the edge anymore. Edge looks goo in the dark, glows all pretty with LEDs.

What are the final dimensions for air cooled 2 slot?

Preliminary dims: 180mm wide x 205mm tall x 337mm deep for 9.7L. I need to edit the parent of this thread and title!

If you’re able to hit commercially available, sub $200 shipped to the continental US for both air versions I think you’ve a big hit on your hands. The photos look slick and I can’t wait to see the rest of the lineup.

A question on cooling: how little did vented(/no) panels help, and at what speed were the 120mm fans for that test? I have no doubt you can get sufficient air with two 120’s, but I would prefer to run them quietly (e.g. <800-1000rpm for a12x25’s) and I wonder how feasible that is if they’re the sole airflow source

I think you'll be very happy!

I have my test PC on my desk with two noisy RGB fans in it, I can hear it but it's barely noticeable. I think it's mostly the Cyorig C7 I am hearing. I'm going to switch it out for some Noctua fans and cooler eventually.

@KSliger Epic! Great to see your products continuing to evolve. It's a shame shipping to NZ is so much :/

If you know of any Aus/NZ distributors we'd love to work with them. Shipping these days is so tailored to China outbound anything else is outrageous.

No chance of supporting a Morpheus II in this huh? Guess I'll stick with my trusty Cerberus. Although I always had a softspot for this type of cases.

Haha nope that thing makes the card like 5 slots wide

Wow. 2 front usb port with USB C and headphone and microphone jacks?? Sold! When is the version with the handle coming out?

Have a prototype of the handle in works, requires a different top panel. Should be out by June/July if everything goes well!

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

No way to make this happen, our vacuum table on our CNC machine broke so we cannot bevel the edge anymore. Edge looks goo in the dark, glows all pretty with LEDs.

What are the final dimensions for air cooled 2 slot?

Preliminary dims: 180mm wide x 205mm tall x 337mm deep for 9.7L. I need to edit the parent of this thread and title!

I think you'll be very happy!

I have my test PC on my desk with two noisy RGB fans in it, I can hear it but it's barely noticeable. I think it's mostly the Cyorig C7 I am hearing. I'm going to switch it out for some Noctua fans and cooler eventually.

Hype is real for this one, hoping you will still have a beige option @KSliger?

Yep! It's the same as the original Cerberus Ecru Beige, almost a light tan / grey cement color? RAL 7035 if you want to look it up!

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
Can you give the approximate dimensions for the SM560? Will we be able to order in custom colors? This would be a great case to add along with my Cerberus X.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
have my test PC on my desk with two noisy RGB fans in it, I can hear it but it's barely noticeable. I think it's mostly the Cyorig C7 I am hearing. I'm going to switch it out for some Noctua fans and cooler eventually.

The C7 (or at least its stock fan) can be pretty obnoxious. It's part of the reason I'm so excited that the 3-slot version will support 65mm CPU coolers. Quick question on that front, I have a couple of 140mm E-loop noiseblockers which are 28mm instead of the usual 25. Do you think I'll be able to make those fit, or should I acquire a couple of Silentwings 140mm's before picking up the case?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Can you give the approximate dimensions for the SM560? Will we be able to order in custom colors? This would be a great case to add along with my Cerberus X.

With 65mm CPU clearance
169mm x 207mm x 338mm or ~11.8L

If I go with 75mm CPU cooler clearance:
179mm x 207mm x 338mm or ~12.5L (it's like a shorter fatter Ncase M1)

Custom colors are something we'll do, but probably best to wait till later in the year when we enable custom colors on checkout.

The C7 (or at least its stock fan) can be pretty obnoxious. It's part of the reason I'm so excited that the 3-slot version will support 65mm CPU coolers. Quick question on that front, I have a couple of 140mm E-loop noiseblockers which are 28mm instead of the usual 25. Do you think I'll be able to make those fit, or should I acquire a couple of Silentwings 140mm's before picking up the case?

I'm probably going to go with 75mm CPU cooler clearance, just because there's not many exciting coolers between 60mm and 70mm that are a big improvement over stuff under 60mm. There's several good options around 68mm to 73mm, plus allows the Wraith Spire RGB cooler.

There's exactly 27.8mm of clearance for fans on bottom. I would certainly try to see if you can make it fit, otherwise go for 25mm fans.

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
There's exactly 27.8mm of clearance for fans on bottom. I would certainly try to see if you can make it fit, otherwise go for 25mm fans.

I guess there's no harm in trying since I've got them lying around. I'll let you know if they do. I think I've still got a couple 140mm Noctua ippc 3000's sitting around too if liftoff is required.

OutereloCarlos

Efficiency Noob
Feb 15, 2019
Have a prototype of the handle in works, requires a different top panel. Should be out by June/July if everything goes well!

Glad to hear some news regarding the handle version. I am postponing my case purchase just in case I get the chance to get a handled SM560.
Will this cases and/or the Cerberus ones be available to purchase from Europe?

179mm x 207mm x 338mm or ~12.5L (it's like a shorter fatter Ncase M1)

While a shorter fatter M1 sounds great, "a middle brother to the M1 and A4" would do wonders as marketing material. With Cerberus' handle!
Similarities aside, I am sincerely fond of the design. Great work.

Best regards.

Tyki

Chassis Packer
Sep 29, 2016
How did we go from 8L to nearly 10? I'm still interested, but it seems like a big jump in this market of small differences.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
How did we go from 8L to nearly 10? I'm still interested, but it seems like a big jump in this market of small differences.

People didn't want the boring square front, neither did I, and then our thermal testing required a bit more of a size bump for the window panels to keep stuff cool and alleviate PSU wires getting into the fans.