Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Secret-Misthios

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2019
I don't find the idea unreasonable, especially at the TDP's that went along with the rumors at up to 135 Watts. I'm honestly hoping the 12 core 5 GHz chip is something they are just waiting to announce like with the 16 core parts. I feel like it's such a perfect match for the SM580 with it's 280mm radiator support that I desperately want it to be real lol.

Well, if we take AMD's 15% IPC improvement to heart, a 4.6Ghz frequency from the 3900X would only be matched by a current 2000 series Ryzen at 5.3Ghz. And I'm sure with good cooling the 3900X should be able to be pushed to 4.8Ghz or 4.9Ghz. I dont really expect the 16 core to clock higher. I'd be interested to see if the 280mm rad can keep up with an overclocked 3900X.

More importantly, do you know or has Sliger said whether the SM580 would fit some of these MiniDTX motherboards?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Pisses me off its no a standard itx board. Would of been day one buy for me.
As far as the rumors about the Ryzen 3, that is why you have to take them with a grain of salt. I never expected them to hit 5 ghz.
Are holding the 16 core back for now it seems.

That is just boost clock too, boost on my 8700k is only 4.7 GHz and it hits 5.0 GHz easily.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@Sahaj that is most likely the one I will go with. The 65w parts are just so easy to cool.

I'm stoked on this too, our office PCs are really getting old with i3-2100s in most. Want to rip them all out and upgrade to 3600.

PCIe cards are almost always backwards compatible. If you are using a PCIe gen3 Riser, the card will negotiate at PCIe Gen3 (most likely). If you are lucky it might work at Gen4, but if you have instability you may need to go into the BIOS and specify Gen3 speeds manually. There will have to be lots of testing and trial & error before we figure out everything.

Talked to ADT Link who makes our riser and the riser in the Dan A4 v4 - confirmed the current risers work for these new AMD boards as 3.0, but do not support PCIe 4.0.
They are working on a PCIe 4.0 and PCIe 5.0 riser as well, but nothing available anytime soon.

X570 does have bifurcation support as well! Hope to see a lot more boards supporting it.

Well, if we take AMD's 15% IPC improvement to heart, a 4.6Ghz frequency from the 3900X would only be matched by a current 2000 series Ryzen at 5.3Ghz. And I'm sure with good cooling the 3900X should be able to be pushed to 4.8Ghz or 4.9Ghz. I dont really expect the 16 core to clock higher. I'd be interested to see if the 280mm rad can keep up with an overclocked 3900X.

More importantly, do you know or has Sliger said whether the SM580 would fit some of these MiniDTX motherboards?

Motherboard companies sure seem to be embracing the overclocking features as well, which if the OC results were underwhelming I don't think they would do.
I am hopeful that reviewer OC testing comes back with even higher performance potentials than people are thinking are possible now.
Also given the TDP of the 3800X should be fine on a 280mm radiator even with a good OC. I've seen a few 9900K OC'd to 5GHz cooled by a 240mm.

The DTX base board would fit in the 570 or 580, but does not seem like the daughter card would fit based on height. This DTX board was build for an M1 or A1, looks like I'll have to make a S1 or something.

WGD118

Cable Smoosher
May 21, 2019
I really didn't expect a 5 GHz chip that rumor seemed too strong but I was hoping for 4.8 which they didn't quite hit either. My goal was to overclock to 5 GHz on an 8 core system, but I know AMD doesn't have much overclocking headroom as AMD already pushes the boost clock near the max.

I will wait and see what the overclockers can do with the new Ryzen 3 chips though, if I can get 5 GHz on 8 cores with a manual overclock I will be happy.

Reactions: rfarmer

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
The DTX base board would fit in the 570 or 580, but does not seem like the daughter card would fit based on height. This DTX board was build for an M1 or A1, looks like I'll have to make a S1 or something.

YES...! I would love to see a chassis tailored to the DTX Impact board, maybe the rumored dual 240 AIO ITX Cerberus...?!?

Or, if we could get a Navi version of the ASUS Matrix (watercooling AIO integrated into the card/shroud), but pull the fans/shroud & replace with two NF-A12x25 PWM fans set to exhaust out the bottom of the chassis... 240 AIO for the CPU mounted up top (set to exhaust)... SFX PSU mounted to front (like standard Cerberus) & one NF-A12x25 PWM fan below that (set to intake)...?

Reactions: Secret-Misthios

Secret-Misthios

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2019
I'd love to see, if possible, a picture of the SM580 populated with a thick, 3 slot graphics card connected to the cable connector, and a 280mm thick rad, just to know how it all looks inside. And 2 140mm fans on the bottom.

Also, I think I asked before and was told it was being looked at. Were you able to figure out if vented panels will be an option besides window panels and unvented metal panels? Thank you.

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
These AM4 boards are starting to worry me as only the Asrock X570i looks to be able to support the vertical fin stack mounting for the semi-passive setup.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@CantingSoup agreed. And it only has one m.2 slot as well. I don't know what is so hard to get it right. I know there is at least one x570 board with Intel mounting system.
It also has Red on the side of the board. Really wish it was neutral.

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
I meant more along the lines of a standalone mounting piece that can be used on other boards. Should've made that more clear.

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
What is everyones thoughts on the USB C / USB A / Audio front panel board?

Between the tariff increase and now AMD and Intel unable to agree on a USB header standard we are considering dropping the front panel board entirely and cutting the price on the cases $10 each.

Let me know your opinion.

Reactions: talkion

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
What is everyones thoughts on the USB C / USB A / Audio front panel board?

Between the tariff increase and now AMD and Intel unable to agree on a USB header standard we are considering dropping the front panel board entirely and cutting the price on the cases $10 each.

Let me know your opinion.

I'm not terribly familiar with the front usb-c connection. If it were included what type of header would it need to connect to? I'm curious to see how many X570 ITX motherboards have a compatible header.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
I like the standard usb port on the front. I use it sometimes. Don't care what so ever about the audio port and removed the cable already.
For 10 bux, I would keep it. I am not someone who fusses about small money figures on something though. If it's 200 bux or 210, does not matter to me. Not being snarky that's just me.

Reactions: LegendsofMace