Sliger Cerberus and Ryzen 3950x - Please help

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Hi @MarcParis I could not get intel burn test running (is it just for intel processors?)
Anyhow I've done long time renderings with 100% all cores and threads constant usage and same temps. It doesn't go higher.
Also I've noticed that PWM of case 1 had different speed with the same settings as PWM case 2. Case 1 (two fans at the bottom of the case) was to aggressive and making too much noise so curve edit solved it.

I am so happy with the case and decided to build another cerberus X for my wife but this time just Ryzen 3600 and glass panel.
Hi @mpta
Intel burn test v2.54 is not only for intel processor as I'm using them on my Ryzen cpu. However it's weird it was not working for you...but anyway..:)
What is important at the end is that your cpu cooling is clearly enough for your needs..:D

I'm also tempted by a second Cerberus-X as upgrade path (ampere) on my SM550 is such a headache. I love easy accessibility & maintenance, ATX compatibility, Components integration....

Just be careful on your wife's version as it will have windowed panel (will you made a customed glass panel?). Based on my experience, best gaming cpu cooling solution is based on 92mm AIO located on rear panel (intake). You cannot carry over all Mighty C14S..:D

mpta

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
May 25, 2020
@MarcParis Hi :)
Yes I am aware, It will be for CAD work mainly so not a heavy CPU or GPU work.
I don't plan to mod a side panel. I've ordered Cryorig H7 + 3x case 120mm cryorig fans. I think for this build it should be enough. Let's see :)
One thing I don't like is the fact that glass panel is a bit thicker so you can see it looking from the front. But well it's probably just me :)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
@MarcParis Hi :)
Yes I am aware, It will be for CAD work mainly so not a heavy CPU or GPU work.
I don't plan to mod a side panel. I've ordered Cryorig H7 + 3x case 120mm cryorig fans. I think for this build it should be enough. Let's see :)
One thing I don't like is the fact that glass panel is a bit thicker so you can see it looking from the front. But well it's probably just me :)
Well I've got 2 issues with my windowed panel (by the way, it's not made from glass, but acrylic) :
  • Windowed is thicker than vented one, but additionnal thickness should be pure on internal side
  • Spot tapes that hold acrylic panel are not that strong. It's easy to have one remove while manipulating panel
Do you have pictures of your new panel/case?

Cryorig H7 (quad lumi variant remains best one with 4 heatpipes) is also a solution. You can use/try rear intake and top exhaust. you can also orientate your psu to exhaust air from case.