Completed SLATE-CASE AQ >>Status Update - Finalizing Order Fulfillments!

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
After reading through your replies explaining the thought process and options as well as looking at these, I think the second option is your best bet.

USB will be less affected by eventual obsolescence (For example, I can still use my 2.0 ports for my more basic gear/adapters like keyboards and mice),, so having quick access for things like that will be good.

At the same time, there are plenty of adapters and low profile HDMI 2.1 & DP 1.4 (And eventually DP 2.0) cables that people can use for their setups that many may already have, so letting people go that route will leave people more space to use the rest of their motherboard IO.

The only thing I'd maybe recommend is making sure that the space for cables to bend & be routed under the case is at least 35mm, if not 45-50mm.

I'm barely able to bend my DP 1.4/HDMI 2.1 cable to fit with the 33mm of clearance under the GPU in my Meshlicious, and I literally cut off the stress relief rubber to do so, so I wouldn't go for less space than that.

Last edited:

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
@BRSxIgnition

Also one solution, I have thought could be a good compromise between the two votes, is to remove the DP extension and keep the USB 3.0 ports to free up most of the space for a throughhole. This way most get the even larger throughhole while the USB ports remain as standard. Instead of the DP extension I can include a DP angle adapter which would be cheaper anyway while doing the same thing essentially.

Thoughts?
Right angle is the way to go. That works better for multiple monitors and those that will hook this up to their TV with hdmi.

Reactions: TaylorChiller

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
I think this is the best option.

I'm for middle variant.

I agree, I think the middle/2nd option would be more beneficial to more users. Some people will use DP, some will use HDMI, some will probably even use S-Video (heh, I'm kdding!)

All I know is I'm really excited for this case. It's rare these days to get excited by a case, but this guy will allow for a much wider array of watercooling parts than anything else in the "SFF" market, and looks like it will be easy to cable manage. 2 things that you just can't find in other cases. Couple that with a sleek design and a relatively small footprint, I just can't help but get all tingly!

Fitchew

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 2, 2019
@TaylorChiller As I understand it, the video shows a case that has not yet been finalized based on the comments from here. For example, in a video there is a motherboard frame with some kind of stiffener. This edge stiffener will obviously not allow you to install mini-dtx board.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
@TaylorChiller As I understand it, the video shows a case that has not yet been finalized based on the comments from here. For example, in a video there is a motherboard frame with some kind of stiffener. This edge stiffener will obviously not allow you to install mini-dtx board.
@Fitchew Just small details, and you're right the flange has been changed a little to support mDTX. I might put a disclaimer there but I didn't think it was necessary because overall it still represents 98% of the product. The look of the finish is the same. We actually added a detail chamfer as well on the aluminum body edge to give it that fine touch.

Reactions: Fitchew

Cheezo

Trash Compacter
Sep 10, 2019
Hey Everyone,

Just a reminder that things are going well so far. I've finished the video I promised some time ago. I'll post the link here and at the beginning. Let me know what you all think. I'll keep pushing this stuff and keep you updated so we can get more traction before March. Thanks!

What air cooler it is? It's looks like noctua 92mm, but i see 80mm CPU cooler height on site.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
What air cooler it is? It's looks like noctua 92mm, but i see 80mm CPU cooler height on site.
In a future update I'll post an optional bracket that shifts the layout to a traditional layout. The video has a short text at the bottom right in the shot I think your referring to.

Reactions: DrHudacris

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Never thought I'd ask for these, but you got any feet pics? For the case, that is.... I'm not Quentin Tarantino.
@XNine Sorry I've been busy. Here are some quick renders with the current feet geometry. They are anodized aluminum (same finish as the body) with a rubber pad. They index in the same spot where the screws are that secure the fan plates. The rear IO plate is converted to a different location (top or bottom on the square cutout), while the from grill and power switch can be oriented as desired (since the chassis is symmetrical). The aluminum feet will likely be sold separately; unless the first funding campaign (preorders) goes very well, then I might be able to work it into the product.

PS - the keycap power key is supposed to be an R3 key with a flat top. It shows as angled but will correctly match in the product.

1644295398252.png
1644295573889.png

1644295609812.png

1644295670500.png

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
That's looking mighty sexy. I had a guess they might be add ons, which, I get it. It's not the standard config. Thank you for taking the time to post these pics! It really is appreciated :)

This will replace my aging, enormous (for an itx case) CaseLabs Mercury S3.

buns_o_steel

Cable Smoosher
Aug 23, 2020
Hmmm how tall are those feet?

I have an NCase M1 v5 and after my version, they significantly increased the height of the feet due to airflow constraints that the v5's low stance caused.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hmmm how tall are those feet?

I have an NCase M1 v5 and after my version, they significantly increased the height of the feet due to airflow constraints that the v5's low stance caused.
They are currently 0.5inches (12.7mm) and there is an additional 5mm gap to the face of the fanplate so that will help flow as well. I'm going to make sure I do some additional testing with them and make adjustments before their production.

Reactions: coby