Concept Singular Deskase - its this SFF? upcoming project

Singular

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
6 months later my startup its getting a pivot, this its the first project, what do you think guys? you cant get more SFF than this (no case at all)

Kooki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 30, 2016
The concept of SFF is gray-ish I guess. You could say the case's footprint is zero, so it's as SFF as it can get. But one could also argue about mobility...

I really like desk PCs, though. :D
Also I like the fact you put some drawers in it! :)

Reactions: Biowarejak

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Honestly I think Desk-PCs are their own form factor :p but this is neat and certainly worthy of being SFF because the components only take up as much space as they need to in the overall assembly.

Reactions: Phuncz

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
I'm not saying it should be here, but I don't feel desk cases are SFF. To me SFF is about the small size of the housing for the components, and in this situation the desk is the housing (or case) and is quite large.

Still a cool project though, I'd like to see where it goes.

Karamazovmm

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 15, 2016
I applaud on the design, its very well made and I really like the table itself.

Im not going to enter the discussion if this is SFF or not, for me its simple, if there is a market and surely there must be people out there that consider a case that takes "no space" at all a valid proposition.

Anyway, are they going to be customizable or not?

I ask this because, simply... what you need is just the space of the case that you have already laid out, aside that you have

- materials that would be used in the case - wood legs? iron legs? iron top? glass top? concrete?

- the finish that can be applied to the wood for example Marquetry can be applied

- design of the table itself - the drawers dont need to look that way, or I may want to have it a more modern approach... or rather, I want something resembling an old fashioned dressing mirror, because beauty and the beast is my thing.

There are so many things that can be done relating to this case or non case, aside the very cheap MDF, throw some lights and add glass that I have saw and continue to see, and sincerely its not my thing.

XeaLouS

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 29, 2015
Cool idea! I love your renders!
Here's something i whipped up - a compact desk with detachable sff case in a drawer under the table:

The idea is to have the pc inside a sliding drawer case. You can remove the pc entirely by just sliding it out. The PC is 4.4L, running a 170mm gpu, 40mm cooler and HDPlex style psu.

It's a bit crude but maybe you could have something similar - detachable section of the desk where you can pull the entire pc out to go LAN. Obviously with that in mind it wouldn't let you use MOAR-RAD strategies...

Reactions: Biowarejak