Power Supply Silverstone Extreme 850R Platinum SFX

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
I think that coolermaster is set to release in Q1 2023 so until february-march maybe we see it or in CES 2023 maybe too, on the other hand silverstone is now on amazon, so u can buy it,....but no one now for sure is that 16-pin 12vhpwr power connector 450W or 600W, confused...

price for silverstone is 215$ but I live in Croatia so shipment is expensive for me so I need to wait Europe price in Caseking or others stores....
The CM 1100/1300W is already available in the Asian market, a few Hong Kong stores stock it.
Cybenetics has one coming so hopefully we'll get a proper analysis soon, I'm expecting it to be very loud.

ddollar

Efficiency Noob
Feb 8, 2022
It's up now on Amazon for shockingly low price, we don't have control over their pricing but if past experience is any indication, they will raise price after sales pick up:
Can you please verify if the custom cables I have for my SX700-PT SFX 700W would be compatible with the 850r?

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Just got mine from Amazon, but have to head to the girlfriend's parents for Christmas, so no time to play with it. Wasn't expecting it to Thursday, but this is good as I plan on finishing my Slate build tomorrow.

I'll let you all know what's up tomorrow

Barracuda727

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 27, 2018
Xnine some pictures and your opinion and is it loud or not,cables pictures and others stuff,great cant wait.....

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Alright, don't expect review quality photos or anything. Haven't had time to test the unit either, just got home.

The unit is tiny compared to my SX750 unit... like, half the size. It's impressive. A standard ATX to SFX bracket is included, as well as a thicc (mmMMMMmmm!) power cable. All the cables are flat, black ribbon style. No bag or pouch for the cables is included.

Will try and post more info tomorrow.

Let's see if imgur is still acting like an ignorant slut, or if it will post this:

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Some more thoughts as I put my build together:

-The cables for this unit are SO stiff,I thought they were watching Salma Hayek dance in From Dusk til Dawn.
-The cables are closer in length to their SFX cable kit than their stock cables. The 24 pin for example is roughly 25mm longer than the SFX kit.
-There's no straight SATA connectors. They're all 90 degrees. Why. Why?! Swap one of the two cables for one that has straight connectors on it, please, Silverstone.
-There's a floppy connector on the end of the molex 4 pin cable. I'm curious if there's a single device that anyone out there uses this connector for in the day and age. If anyone knows, leave a comment and don't forget to hit the like button and subscribe for any new cont... Oh, I'm not a YouTuber. Nevermind.

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
Some more thoughts as I put my build together:

-The cables for this unit are SO stiff,I thought they were watching Salma Hayek dance in From Dusk til Dawn.
Those flat stiff cables are the worst, have encountered them on a bunch of PSU's and they make every build unnecessarily annoying.
Recently had the pleasure of using a Fractal Ion+ 2 Platinum, and that PSU has really nice flexible flat cables, so it doesn't have to be that way.
-There's a floppy connector on the end of the molex 4 pin cable. I'm curious if there's a single device that anyone out there uses this connector for in the day and age. If anyone knows, leave a comment and don't forget to hit the like button and subscribe for any new cont... Oh, I'm not a YouTuber. Nevermind.
Maybe you should actually put some floppy drives in your build so you can rock to some banger 8 bit tunes.

• Haha
Reactions: XNine

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
As far as noise, I can't hear the PSU over my fans, so I think those worried about noise don't really have too much to worry about. I usually have my fans spinning at least at 800rpm and Max 1400, so... Take that as you would like.

We just need a Silverstone rep to verify if the SFX cable kit is compatible, as it will save a lot of heartache and time with how flexible those are over the stock 850r cables.

Barracuda727

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 27, 2018
So is this PSU Silverstone extreme 850r platinum is enough for IDK example MSI RTX 4080 Ventus 3x, is this psu has 3x 8 pin or only 2x8 pin cable

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
I received a response from Silverstone today with some unfortunate news regarding this PSU and the PP05E sfx cable kit:
"The only cables compatible are the SATA and Molex ones the PCIE,EPS and even the 24pin are not compatible"

Well, that sucks.

Reactions: thelaughingman

SilverStone

Caliper Novice
SilverStone
Jan 5, 2017
Can you confirm if the 16-pin GPU cable is rated up to 600W or 450W?

Amazon listing shows 450W only.

Extreme 850R Platinum is the world's first retail SFX power supply to meet Intel's SFX 12V V4.0 standard. It includes the most recent update of 12VHPWR connector (450W variant) and is ready for the new generation of Nvidia Gen5 graphics cards straight out-of-the-box. Certified for Cybenetics Platinum rated efficiency, it is
The included 12VHPWR cable is rated for 450W.

Just bought one on Amazon. I wonder if their SFX cable kit is compatible at all? I purchased one two weeks ago to sleeve for my SFX700 watt PSU.
The 24pin, 4pin peripheral (molex), and the SATA cables from your SX700-PT are compatible, but the EPS and PCIe are not.

THUMPer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 5, 2020
The website says it comes with 1, 2x6 PCIE power cable. Which seems odd... I was hoping for 2 or 3 of the "regular" power cables.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Looks like it has a single cable for PCIe GPU that has 2x8pin connectors on it. (That can be broken down to 6 pins each).

Screenshot_2022-12-30-09-00-16-856_com.android.chrome.jpg

What are you wanting to use it for that needs more than that?

THUMPer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 5, 2020
Then I need to get an extra 6+2 cable. I dont have a 40 series card, but my 7900xtx needs an 850 PSU.