Power Supply Silverstone Extreme 850R Platinum SFX

Barracuda727

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 27, 2018
I dont know if anyone see this info but this is huge ,if Corsair wont made new PSU SFX above 800W, Silverstone made it and it will be on sale 28/11 on Amazon, thats what they tell when I ask them before few days ago.......

Silverstone Extreme 850R Platinum SFX

Cybenetics Platinum 850W PCIe 5.0 Fully Modular Power Supply

Enjoy

(Mod added Amazon Affiliate Link)
)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: thelaughingman

sj78sj78

Case Bender
New User
Nov 16, 2022
Where did you get the information on 28/11 release date?
I dont know if anyone see this info but this is huge ,if Corsair wont made new PSU SFX above 800W, Silverstone made it and it will be on sale 28/11 on Amazon, thats what they tell when I ask them before few days ago.......

Silverstone Extreme 850R Platinum SFX

Cybenetics Platinum 850W PCIe 5.0 Fully Modular Power Supply

Enjoy

Barracuda727

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 27, 2018
I ask them trough email direct on official web page and they said to me that will be avaible on amazon on 28/11 because they dont sell direct on his webshop, but that is in USA on 28/11, in Europe they said that will be too on sale on caseking in germany and overclockers and others but they dont know for sure when exactly....

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
Ahh, that's produced by Enhance. Will do your full 600W, the cable for it is on 16awg for power. Sideband is on 24awg.
The OEM is not Enhance but High Power / Sirfa. The details can be seen in the Cybenetics Test Report including noise levels which are impressive for a 850W unit and challenges the great Corsair SF750 Platinum https://www.cybenetics.com/d/cybenetics_fKO.pdf

Reactions: Barracuda727

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
The OEM is not Enhance but High Power / Sirfa. The details can be seen in the Cybenetics Test Report including noise levels which are impressive for a 850W unit and challenges the great Corsair SF750 Platinum https://www.cybenetics.com/d/cybenetics_fKO.pdf
ahh your right my error we're still on engineering sample stage for Enhance. So it will be an interesting alternative, till now its been SFX-L for 800W from Enhance. But now an 850W SFX. Will also be a 1000W in Gen5 , but as mentioned earlier by thelaughingman that will remain SFX-L for Enhance

Will post some pics once we get 850W sample.

Note: If there's something you want to see on an SFX PSU, this is a possible time to influence what you want to see on an 850W Platinum SFX PSU.

Cabling wise its all on 16awg apart from SATA/HDD that's on 18awg and the 4 sideband signals on the 12VHPWR connector are on 24awg.

cennis

Average Stuffer
Jan 13, 2020
It's up now on Amazon for shockingly low price, we don't have control over their pricing but if past experience is any indication, they will raise price after sales pick up:
Can you confirm if the 16-pin GPU cable is rated up to 600W or 450W?

Amazon listing shows 450W only.

Extreme 850R Platinum is the world's first retail SFX power supply to meet Intel's SFX 12V V4.0 standard. It includes the most recent update of 12VHPWR connector (450W variant) and is ready for the new generation of Nvidia Gen5 graphics cards straight out-of-the-box. Certified for Cybenetics Platinum rated efficiency, it is

Reactions: thelaughingman

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Just bought one on Amazon. I wonder if their SFX cable kit is compatible at all? I purchased one two weeks ago to sleeve for my SFX700 watt PSU.

mouacyk

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 20, 2022

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
Can you confirm if the 16-pin GPU cable is rated up to 600W or 450W?

Amazon listing shows 450W only.

Extreme 850R Platinum is the world's first retail SFX power supply to meet Intel's SFX 12V V4.0 standard. It includes the most recent update of 12VHPWR connector (450W variant) and is ready for the new generation of Nvidia Gen5 graphics cards straight out-of-the-box. Certified for Cybenetics Platinum rated efficiency, it is
Whilst the cable and specs do say it is rated for 450W, supposedly on the units delivered so far the sense pin configuration is actually set up as 600W connector. This is potentially a sourcing issue, and might be "fixed" at some point down the line. Hopefully it'll be a little clearer once more units start hitting customer's hands.

These have been vaporware for 2 years. Seriously, google them.

Really need this to be compatible with the short SFX cable kit from Silverstone.
They totally have been, but they have actually released now. I've seen sale listings, I've even seen someone have one in hand. Although they got a 1300W version imported to the US, and the 1300W version doesn't run on the US grid (the 1100W one does).

Reactions: rfarmer

Barracuda727

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 27, 2018
I think that coolermaster is set to release in Q1 2023 so until february-march maybe we see it or in CES 2023 maybe too, on the other hand silverstone is now on amazon, so u can buy it,....but no one now for sure is that 16-pin 12vhpwr power connector 450W or 600W, confused...

price for silverstone is 215$ but I live in Croatia so shipment is expensive for me so I need to wait Europe price in Caseking or others stores....