Enclosure Silverstone CS381 - 28L mATX NAS case

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Mar 10, 2019
I was uncertain it qualifies as SFF, but given a few here seem interested, will get to create a build thread. Curiously enough the drives cooling is great, when I encode it gets even better as the radiator fans ramp up (and they are not noisy actually) and more air gets sucked in on the front towards the back, I find the HDD cooling design is great.
The hdd cages have a 3pin fan connector each and you can have fans controlled based on HDD temps, you can also achieve that in the OS if you want, I personally have them fixed at 50% and then they ramp up based on CPU temp. By the way, my cpu never went over 75C average even during 2 days of straight 4K encoding with all cores loaded.

The OS I use is unRAID, you can check it out here: https://unraid.net/
So... @bubbl3 how is that build thread coming along :)

flannell

What's an ITX?
New User
May 14, 2020
I'm also interested. Looking to purchase this (very expensive) case so I can play around with Proxmox and merge my NAS and workstation into one. Although very happy with my U-NAS 810A case, but need to stuff more kit into it.. like a 2060 Super.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Mar 10, 2019
I'm also interested. Looking to purchase this (very expensive) case so I can play around with Proxmox and merge my NAS and workstation into one. Although very happy with my U-NAS 810A case, but need to stuff more kit into it.. like a 2060 Super.
I think NSC-810A could fit a single-slot GPU but that limits you a lot.