Shipping options / time / customs...

Stuman

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 5, 2019
I’m looking at getting in on the next round of pre-orders and I’m looking at using up some holiday to build and faf around with computer parts.

Has anybody got the shipping options to hand and an idea of what sort of time frame to look at? Also, what is customs like? Do packages get held up often? If so, what’s the process like for getting it moving?

If I really wanted to, could I get it into the uk by the 14th October with shipping stated as 27th?

I’m really just being impatient...

Nazirite

Caliper Novice
Jul 11, 2019
I am not sure about customs but my preorder email said this:

Shipping method
TWPS AIR2: 3-5 weeks in transit. This does not include processing time in customs.

Stuman

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 5, 2019
Cool ok. So was that a fast shipping option or standard? Are there upgraded shipping options?

Nazirite

Caliper Novice
Jul 11, 2019
Cool ok. So was that a fast shipping option or standard? Are there upgraded shipping options?

TWPS AIR2: 3-5 weeks in transit. This does not include processing time in customs. · $25
TWPS AIR185: 1-3 weeks in transit. This does not include processing time in customs. · $40
Global EMS Shipping: 5-12 business days in transit. This does not include processing time in customs. · $65

Prices will vary by location. This was shipping cost to Ohio.

Stuman

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 5, 2019
the last 2.....

1-3 weeks would be around 5 -15 working days? so pretty much the same time as option 2?

Kundahli

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 29, 2017
Its highly dependent on where you are. I have ordered a number of cases off SFFLab which ship from Taiwan (NCASE & S4M).

In my experience the timetable looks like this (For US shipment):
  • 1-2 days for arrival in CA from Taiwan
  • 3 days Customs processing & initiation of outbound shipment
  • 3-7 Days receipt (for me this is usually 3 days as I am in a coastal city (Boston)).
This is with the cheapest shipping option as well.