SG13P +1080ti + 7700k + 2xAIOs + 2xfans

NADRIGOL

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 25, 2017
Hey everyone!

Been lurking the site for a while now, and building SFF for several years. Just put together a gaming machine for my girlfriend's birthday and wanted to share it with you fine folks. After checking out the many gorgeous nano sized builds and custom mods you're all posting, my sg13 build no longer feels particularly small nor custom, but I still feel good about the power/cooling/volume ratios.

Here is the parts list:
Case: Silverstone SG13P
GPU: EVGA 1080 Ti HYBRID
MB: Gigabyte GA-Z270N-Gaming 5
CPU: Intel i7-7700K
CPU Cooling: Corsair H60
RAD FAN: 2 x Nidec Gentle Typhoon 2150 PWM Fan
RAM: Corsair LPX 32GB DDR4-2666
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
PSU: Silverstone SX800-LTI w/ Silverstone PP08B

The theme was pink. And so the build really only happened because after a couple years of the SG13P being unavailable, it showed up on Amazon.

The "new" thing I hoped to achieve with this build was to use both two AIO coolers (done before by this guy) and a push/pull fan/rad stack 100mm deep (done before by this guy) at the same time. This takes a little mod work at the front of the case, and very specific part selection.

The "mods" consist of cutting down some plastic on the front panel, and cutting the braces off the corners of a fan, such that the frontmost fan can straddle the mounting holes at the front of the case, and extend into the front panel space that wasn't intended to have a fan in it.

You can see the areas I've dremeled away the raised plastic. Also where I cut off the bottom filter clip.

This allows the fan to sit flush with the front panel.

One of the 140mm fan mounting holes needs to be cut off as well to fit the fan.

Cutting out the plastic braces allows the fan to span the mounting holes on the front of the case.

There's not enough room in the front panel for the whole fan, nor enough inside the case for a 100mm stack, but the front panel and case combined have enough room.

Here is an overhead showing the routing of the two AIO coolers before the PSU is in place. The GPU tubing just fits between the GPU and the SFX PSU. This was before the addition of the second fan which moves the stack back about 5mm.

With the PSU in place you can see the remaining space for airflow drawn from the side vent and PSU adapter plate vents. The PSU is drawing air from the top and venting out the back, so the rad stack has independent air flow that will also pull heat from the mobo zone.

And here's the whole setup on the desk!
(that antenna went away as soon as I was able to run ethernet around the new apartment)

Here is a link to an album of other build photos I took if anyone is interested. The first half of the photos was from before the addition of the second fan.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Far too pink for my taste...BUT as your stack of radiator is clever...especially while using my favorite fans, gentle typhoon..:)
What about temperature?

NADRIGOL

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 25, 2017
Haven't had a chance to do any extensive temp tests... but the GPU holds at 51C in Overwatch, and the CPU fluctuates between 75C and 85C with Prime95. The GPU has been very impressive. It's running at Stock right now, but I could definitely push it more if I wanted. That might further impact CPU temps since the GPU gets cold air first (although I feel like this can't be contributing more than a few degrees difference given the overall qualitative delta in temp between case intake and exhaust is relatively small). With the stiff tubing on the H60, alternate configurations aren't really possible anyways.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Try to monitor wattage used by either cpu or gpu by hwinfo64...it's so useful..:)

For reference, my gtx 1080ti is fully stressed in specific area of mass effect andromeda while in 4k..and in that case its wattage is around 320-330w