Power Supply SFX non-L PSU? Is Corsair ok to buy now?

Dem0nflare

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jul 5, 2020
So for the upcoming Ryzen CPU I wanted to get a a new SFF PC and i'm getting the parts over time. Having done mainly Flex PSU ITX builds, i wanted it to be easier and to get a SFF case with SFX support. I got the Velka 7 that does not support the SFX-L variant. Now looking for a SFX PSU's i found the only non-L versions with ok reviews were the corsair, but then they went and sold thousands of faulty ones on there entire line...
Thanks in advance!

maveric

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2020
FWIW, I bought a Corsair SF600 Platinum from Amazon in June and it was the newer, post-recall model based on serial number.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
There have been posts here and on Reddit about this issue and as far as I can tell Corsair replaced everyone of those units. I currently have a SF600 and have owned 3 SF450 and everyone has been without a problem. I am sure you could order now without any worries.

Dem0nflare

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jul 5, 2020
There have been posts here and on Reddit about this issue and as far as I can tell Corsair replaced everyone of those units. I currently have a SF600 and have owned 3 SF450 and everyone has been without a problem. I am sure you could order now without any worries.
Thanks Guys! Corsair seems to be the one every one goes with.

billabong2606

Caliper Novice
Jul 25, 2020
There are several options for SFX PSUs. Corsair SF series being the famous one. Other SFX PSUs worth looking at are:
  • FSP Dagger Pro 650W 80+ Gold
  • Lian Li PE550/750 80+ Gold
  • Silverstone SX650-G 80+ Gold
  • Silverstone SX700-PT 80+ Platinum (latest model)

rainmaker33

Average Stuffer
May 8, 2020
You might want to wait out for the upcoming Cooler Master SFX psu. Hopefully they are just as good and affordable like their new NR200 case.

Dem0nflare

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jul 5, 2020
FYI, the next gen NVIDIA GPUs are rumored to use a new 12-pin PCIe power connector. It might be a good idea to hold off on a PSU purchase until it is confirmed next month.
Apparently there giving a adapter and may only be on founders? It's funny too because the next planed PSU spec does not include the 12-pin there using, so they need pci and psu people on board still. I think there just doing because it looks better then 2 6-pins with 2-pins hanging off and i guess power bigger cards too. IDK want to be mean to cooler master, but they seem to try and fail atlot of things. NR200 being a prime example, how many ITX cases did they have before?