Enclosure [SFFn] Raijintek's Ophion Evo - Tempered Glass, RGB, but SFF!

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Thanks for this review..:)

In a nutshell, those Rajintek's Ophion Evo cases have similar dimensions than Cerberus-X...but only compatible with mini ITX..:D

ps : I love setup with passive sfx-l psu..;)

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Same very thing came to mind.

That does seem odd, both the power cable and the pci riser could have easily been mounted lower.

Nice review @confusis, I can see this being a popular case for the masses. Too big for my taste but much better than some of the other "so call itx cases" from the big manufacturers.

Duality92

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 12, 2018
That does seem odd, both the power cable and the pci riser could have easily been mounted lower.

Nice review @confusis, I can see this being a popular case for the masses. Too big for my taste but much better than some of the other "so call itx cases" from the big manufacturers.

Like the NZXT Manta and Define Mini? lol

edit : EvolV?

atomicus

Trash Compacter
Aug 7, 2018
I like the Evo... definitely quite a unique case and only one on the market that has TG panels and space for a 240 rad... and at an attractive price! Not without its quirks, but still, this is very appealing. :)

Good review here also...

Reactions: Biowarejak

RockZors

Trash Compacter
Aug 21, 2018
Can you tell me how wide a graphics card it can fit? I have a MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X and the shroud is a tad over 2 slots. Wondering if it will fit well or not.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
@RockZors From the edge of the PCI bracket, you have about 9mm.

However, if the cooler shroud starts more than 12mm out from the bracket (which that card seems to), you're then up to 14mm.

atomicus

Trash Compacter
Aug 7, 2018
Can you tell me how wide a graphics card it can fit? I have a MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X and the shroud is a tad over 2 slots. Wondering if it will fit well or not.

I don't know if this will help you to judge, but I had that exact card in a NZXT H200 and it literally JUST cleared the PSU shroud by less than 1mm... I actually had to prop it up with a makeshift support as the weight of it actually caused it to touch on the right side, but that's obviously not an issue with vertical orientation. With the Ophion though, it seems you could easily have the TG glass window mounted a bit further out with the aid of fixings to give a bit more clearance, but the issue might be at the very back edge and the frame of the case, as the cooler does run the full length of the card... it's quite chunky as you know. This might be one of those 'you won't know till you try it' scenarios.

annasoh323

Master of Cramming
Apr 4, 2018
My thought is that this case has a spiritual kinship with the Inwin A1 (which I was watching out for prior to finding the custom case projects on this forum :D ). They're both mainstream interpretations of what, so far, have been enthusiast-only mITX layouts with premium implementations. They're a little bit bigger than their more custom forebears and, arguably, don't always make the best use of that space, but do try to translate it into better airflow. Oh, and RGB.

Overall, I agree that it is a positive step forward. Mainstream adoption of SFF designs will 1) improve our standing (which should improve market demand for better mITX products) and 2) push the SFF innovators forward (even more than y'all already are :)). A third benefit might also be that it becomes easier to proselytize for SFF when well-performing options are within reach of our otherwise LFF-oriented friends and family. Help them out with a build, sign them up for the forum... got 'em.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
So is this what you mean?

Not quite. I'm talking 12mm along the length of the card. Once you get past that point the headroom is 5mm bigger due to the cutout for the glass side panel.

So along the length of the card, from the back panel, you have 9mm of clearance until you get to 12mm along, then it opens up to 14mm of clearance.

Danytx

Efficiency Noob
Mar 7, 2018
Not quite. I'm talking 12mm along the length of the card. Once you get past that point the headroom is 5mm bigger due to the cutout for the glass side panel.

So along the length of the card, from the back panel, you have 9mm of clearance until you get to 12mm along, then it opens up to 14mm of clearance.

I'm interested in taking this case, I brake the dubious size to install my Aorus 1080 Ti Waterforce Xtreme Edition (W = 122.6 mm) + tube ?, what do you think? I will install 2 AIO 120mm (Cpu + Gpu).

JDK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
Does anyone know if the Ophion (Evo) can mount an SFX PSU without an adapter? I've been reading "up to ATX" on some sites and would like to build a machine in the near future and possibly upgrade the case to a DAN C4 or something similar as they become available.