GPU SFF'ing RTX 3090

petricor

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
May 12, 2018
Hi all,
I'm trying to find the smallest (that's all dimensions, thickness included) water block /card combo for a 3090 - regardless of whether FE or RE.
Annoyingly, the RE EKWB blocks are more than 4mm thicker (that's 20.75mm) measured from the PCB when compared to EK's own 3090 TUF/Strix blocks (16.4mm), which, on the other hand, have a much larger footprint.

Is anyone aware of a block as flat as EK's Strix/TUF block, but adhering to a reference design footprint?

Lucas

Caliper Novice
Oct 19, 2020
I've ran into similar problem as you, but with the 3070. I decided to make my own block. Hard to make really small SFFs with thick waterblocks.

matador1182

Chassis Packer
Feb 16, 2020
You're best bet would be the EK founders edition blocks, they'd even fit in the S4M (someone has a build of it on the discord channel)

cennis

Average Stuffer
Jan 13, 2020
Hi all,
I'm trying to find the smallest (that's all dimensions, thickness included) water block /card combo for a 3090 - regardless of whether FE or RE.
Annoyingly, the RE EKWB blocks are more than 4mm thicker (that's 20.75mm) measured from the PCB when compared to EK's own 3090 TUF/Strix blocks (16.4mm), which, on the other hand, have a much larger footprint.

Is anyone aware of a block as flat as EK's Strix/TUF block, but adhering to a reference design footprint?

Estimated the block itself to be ~14mm thick since the PCB + backplate is probably ~5mm

credit: @stanleyguan