SFF.Network [SFF Network] SilverStone SX800-LTI - 800W Titanium SFX-L!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the course of research for the Lian Li PE-750 review, I ending up checking the UL manufacturer directory listing for SilverStone and noticed references to a SX800-LTI. As I went over in the SX700-LPT review, according to SilverStone's current SFF PSU nomenclature, the "SX800-LTI" model number translates to a 800W SFX-L Titanium-rated fully-modular power supply.

Curious if this was real I contacted Tony Ou, SilverStone's marketing manager, and even though he's busy with Computex, he replied that it is indeed real, they announced it today, and it will (hopefully) be available in Q4 this year!

Read more here.

Dec 28 Update: Review here

Last edited:
Reactions: iFreilicht and EdZ

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
Oh man. I wonder if I should just sell the RMA replacement PSU that Corsair is about to mail me and get one of these.
My current rig consumes ~760 watts but I would love the extra room that this would provide.

Reactions: cmyk78

ChainedHope

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 5, 2016
Now i just need silverstone to make some decent pico psu's and power bricks with high wattage and high efficiency lol.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Nice, maybe just in time for the Cerberus release for the US folk ! Hopefully a release in the EU soon, I want one to feed to my hungry 290X's.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I haven't heard anything new yet.

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
Nice find!
Now we just need availability and a place to buy the SX800-LTI.

Man, I wish Silverstone didn't include that Floppy cable. Can't we just move away already, haha.

Last edited:

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
The 40°C operating temp rating may not be that big a deal. The Corsair SF600 is only rated for 40°C as well and I've run it at an intake temp of ~70°C powering an i7 4771 and GTX 980 at full load for 20 minutes without issue.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
This looks excellent on paper ! Hopefully this arrives in Europe soon. "Advanced semi-fanless", apparently they fixed the issue with the SX700-LPT, I'm hoping it just works without any deal-breakers this time.

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
"Advanced semi-fanless", apparently they fixed the issue with the SX700-LPT, I'm hoping it just works without any deal-breakers this time.
We hoped the same about the SX700-LTP fixing the issue of the SX500-LG's implementation, and while it did it just introduced a new one. Third time's the charm?

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
If it's the same behavior as the PE-750 then it won't be perfect either. I don't think we'll get the ultimate semi-passive functionality until there's enough demand for SFX-L to justify implementing a microcontroller for the fan.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
yeah clearly this sfx psu could charmed me..:)

I'm pleased with SF600 but I'm scared to put more powerful components on it due to fan noise can generate SF600 when it's on load (too agressive fan curve apparently).

This SX800 LTI could be a perfect fit for my Nano² build..:)

SX 800 is clearly to follow closely

Status
Not open for further replies.