SFF.Network [SFF Network] SilverStone SX800-LTI - 800W Titanium SFX-L!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the course of research for the Lian Li PE-750 review, I ending up checking the UL manufacturer directory listing for SilverStone and noticed references to a SX800-LTI. As I went over in the SX700-LPT review, according to SilverStone's current SFF PSU nomenclature, the "SX800-LTI" model number translates to a 800W SFX-L Titanium-rated fully-modular power supply.

Curious if this was real I contacted Tony Ou, SilverStone's marketing manager, and even though he's busy with Computex, he replied that it is indeed real, they announced it today, and it will (hopefully) be available in Q4 this year!

Read more here.

Dec 28 Update: Review here

Last edited:
Reactions: iFreilicht and EdZ

alamilla

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 11, 2016
It's funny, I was day dreaming about a SFF dual cpu case today (call me crazy) and now this!

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Hope this is semi-fanless.

If it isn't I'll eat a sock :p

Considering the 700W is semi-fanless and we know the platform is capable of it due to the PE-750, semi-fanless functionality is basically guaranteed for the SX800-LTI.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
80+Titanium, that efficiency o_O. "Q4 2016" hopefully doesn't mean "Q2 2017", the SX700-LPT was also pegged for Q4 2015 if I remember correctly, although the fan controller has turned out to be better because of it.

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
I was going to say that as the Lian Li unit is already shipping, a Silverstone variant of the Enhance unit shouldn't be too far behind. But the SX500-LG came out months after other Sirfa SFX-L 500W units under other labels, so who knows?

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
Well, for those that want a completely silent SFF build, you can probably draw a good bit of power before the fan will begin to spin...if you can draw enough for the fan to begin spinning in the first place. A lot of the high-end single GPU gaming machines with 250W TDP GPUs will top out around 400W under full load in realistic scenarios.

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Well, for those that want a completely silent SFF build, you can probably draw a good bit of power before the fan will begin to spin...if you can draw enough for the fan to begin spinning in the first place. A lot of the high-end single GPU gaming machines with 250W TDP GPUs will top out around 400W under full load in realistic scenarios.

For me, this is what's most appealing. I suspect that the other vertical might be folks who want to overclock with reckless abandon - I don't force power delivery being an issue even for those with Broadwell-E (150W) and twin GTX 1080's (180W each).

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I have a nice habanero sauce that'll go perfectly with sweaty socks.
Nom nom nom !

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
This just leaked. I think we might be on to something.

Reactions: Phuncz and jØrd

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
Yeah, they're putting thermoelectric generators in the PSU now to scavenge the heat put of by your other components...

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Not in the PSU, but they have modular connectors for small thermoelectric plates that you put between the CPU/GPU and their heatsink. I wonder how much power you could actually generate from that, given something like a 65W CPU and a 150W GPU at 100% load.

Status
Not open for further replies.