SFF.Network [SFF Network] SilverStone discloses pricing and availability for their 800W SFX-L power supply

SilverStone’s hotly anticipated 800W SFX-L power supply is nearly here! Originally announced at Computex back in May, we have received word direct from SilverStone that the SX800-LTI should be available by the end of the year, with an MSRP of $179.99 (or 180€) excluding VAT.

Read more here.

Reactions: LocoMoto and Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
You may find yourself wondering why anyone would need 800 watts of power in an SFX-L size
My two fire-breathing R9-290X cards are ready to see if this PSU is worthy.

Reactions: Soul_Est

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
180€ excluding VAT is about 210€ in most of Europe. That's a hefty price for a PSU, but it is Titanium rated, so certainly not unjustified.

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
180€ excluding VAT is about 210€ in most of Europe. That's a hefty price for a PSU, but it is Titanium rated, so certainly not unjustified.

Ironically enough, as far as 800W Titanium PSUs go $180 is actually quite a reasonable price. So it seems that, on the high end at least, the price disparity separating ATX and SFX-L fades away for the most part.

I'll be very curious as to how this unit performs. A Titanium rating is much more "necessary" for the power density of the product, relative to pretty much any ATX unit that I'm aware of...

Reactions: 3lfk1ng

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
yes it's out...;)

I'll chase it as soon as I'll update my Nano² setup (Fractal design define Nano S + AMD R9 Nano) with Vega...and if my corsair SF600 is starting to spin too much..:)

Reactions: LocoMoto