SFF.Network [SFF Network] Gentle Typhoon PWM 120mm Fan Launched

The casemodder's beloved Nidec-Servo Gentle Typhoon fans are now available in a new 4-pin PWM version. The fans are now on sale at ModMyMods, with more retailers hopefully coming soon. Priced at US$19.99 per unit, these 120 mm fans offer up to 58.5 CFM of air-flow, with speeds ranging between 550-1,850 RPM, with claimed noise levels no higher than 26 dBA.

Read more here.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Nice, now they just need to make a version with FDB and it'll be perfect.

Vittra

Airflow Optimizer
May 11, 2015
Dazmode sells these, fyi.

They will never change to another bearing type on these fans - they will not even sleeve the cables or change their colour because of stated QC concerns.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Link? I can add them to the article. All I could see at first glance is the older 7 blade version branded by EKWB.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Why were these discontinued to begin with ? These were selling like hot-cakes !

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Why were these discontinued to begin with ? These were selling like hot-cakes !
I have no idea. It may have something to do with the OEM agreements EKWB has with them?

Also; I have updated the article to include the DazMode link

Vittra

Airflow Optimizer
May 11, 2015
If you are referring to the Vardar fans, they aren't made by Nidec.

From my understanding the current Nidec 1850rpm (AP-15) fans have the PWM header present, you just need to solder your own wire on. Nidec has continued to make them for those willing to order direct from them. Dazmode had brought in some more of the 1850 and 2150 previously, and they can be found on Amazon.com as well.

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
The older Gentle Typhoons were distributed by Scythe, but a few years back Scythe decided to end their relationship with Nidec Servo and consequently discontinued their distribution of the Gentle Typhoons. Scythe replaced the Gentle Typhoons in their line-up with the Grand Flex, which they said were superior, but tests have shown otherwise.

I do not believe the lower speed Gentle Typhoon fans have the PWM circuitry and fourth solder point, just the faster ones did, I believe. http://www.overclock.net/t/1045524/gentle-typhoon-pwm-mod

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Good info guys :) I learnt stuff!

The EKWB Vardar is such a similar design (colours and all) to the original Gentle Typhoons..

veryrarium

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 6, 2015
Arrived last week, picked up from P.O. today.

The Dazmode's version on the left, sitting next to the 1850rpm PWM version puchased severral months ago from a Taobao seller.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Nice, good to see these are still being made. They do look very industrial in the all-black color scheme.