SFF.Network [SFF Network] CRYORIG A Series Hybrid Liquid Coolers Released

Press Release*: Taipei, Taiwan – CRYORIG, PC cooling solution innovator releases the much speculated and also anticipated A Series of Hybrid Liquid Coolers. First unveiled in June at Computex 2015, the CRYORIG A Series Hybrid Liquid Cooler or HLC has been under much speculation from the PC cooling market. The CRYORIG’s A40/A40 Ultimate and A80 HLC units are built on the base of Asetek’s 5th Generation Pump and CPU Cold Block technology with a small but obvious twist. With an additional adjustable and detachable Airflow fan, the CRYORIG A Series HLC is capable of lowering the temperatures of the components surrounding the CPU by up to 20%. This major drop in heat buildup effectively improves system stability, component lifespan and overall system temperatures. The CRYORIG A Series will come in three models based on radiator size, beginning with the A40’s 240 mm radiator, the A40 Ultimate with a 240 mm by 1.5” thick radiator and the A80 with a 280 mm radiator.

Read more here.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I applaud them for trying something different, but I'm really curious on how loud that 70mm fan is in a system.

veryrarium

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 6, 2015
I'm curious about two things:
- how sturdy/fragile the clip on the 70mm fan that gets held by the pump/block unit is.
- how effective the quad air inlets is, as I have always wondered how much of cooling effeciency actually gets lost by the four corners of radiator fans creating huge dead spots on the rad fins.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
I applaud them for trying something different, but I'm really curious on how loud that 70mm fan is in a system.

It only has to spin at the absolute lowest RPM to be effective, right? I'd suspect it'll be inaudible compared to the pump.

I'm curious about two things:
- how sturdy/fragile the clip on the 70mm fan that gets held by the pump/block unit is.
- how effective the quad air inlets is, as I have always wondered how much of cooling effeciency actually gets lost by the four corners of radiator fans creating huge dead spots on the rad fins.

Yeah that clip seems a bit flimsy. Granted, it doesn't exactly have to hold much weight, so it might not be a problem at all.

Those "inlets" always seemed a bit strange to me. Sure, the idea is nice, but how effective could something like that actually be? The surface area of those inlets is so small compared to the fan, I can't believe it does much of a difference if any at all. Additionally, the blades and gaps would have to be designed extremely carefully to make sure they don't cause too much turbulence and thus noise. To me the inlets always felt like a marketing gimmick.

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
If anything I'd expect those corner cutouts to result in a loss of performance, from blade tip spillage.

veryrarium

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 6, 2015
I should have mentioned that what I had in mind is these fans used as pull instead of push, hence outlets instead of inlets as designated, to have larger exposed fin surface. Also, even if they are used as push, I don't believe air spills out because of the direction of the vortex.

Reactions: Broxin