SFF.Network [SFF Network] ASUS Unveils a Limited Edition White R9 Nano

ASUS has released a limited edition Radeon R9 Nano graphics card with a matte white cooler shroud, replacing its matte-black reference unit. Besides this, there's absolutely no changes to this card from AMD's reference design. The PCB is reference, and so are the clocks, with up to 1000 MHz core, and 500 MHz (512 GB/s) memory. It remains to be seen if ASUS seeks a small premium for this card, and if that's enough to lure case-modders building machines around this color scheme.

See more here.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Nope, I've seen no word alluding to the total production

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Too bad ASUS doesn't make a SFF board that matches this thing :p

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Even for just a plain black board, with Z170 Mini-ITX there's only the EVGA (no M.2 SSD) and the Gigabyte Z170N-WIFI (lackluster fan controls).

ASUS makes really nice looking black and white boards with the Signature series, but only in ATX :\

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
There's a big thread on OCN about it: http://www.overclock.net/t/1507050/...offering-any-fan-control-anymore-z87-z97/0_20

Mainly their software is next to useless on the newer boards and the BIOS options are lacking. I miss the ability to set a manual duty % for the fans. It's either full speed, auto, or the "PWM" slope. Which is a rudimentary fan curve option that allows the user to specify the % increase in fan duty cycle per degree increase in CPU temp. But despite the name, almost all Gigabyte boards only have PWM on the CPU header.

Lack of PWM aside, this wouldn't be so bad if something like SpeedFan could control everything, but Gigabyte uses a custom Super IO controller chip on most of their boards and have refused to provide technical details to the SpeedFan developer. He has done reverse engineering to get some control over the fans but usually not all the fans are controllable. For example, on my GA-X99M-Gaming 5, SpeedFan can only control two of the chassis headers. It can't even read RPM of the CPU header though.