Cooling [SFF Network] A Battle for the High End - Scythe Ninja 4

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
4,687
7,953
Auckland, New Zealand
sff.network
With the predominance of small CPU coolers we have looked at recently, I thought I'd break it up a bit and review something a bit.. bigger. The Scythe Ninja 4 is definitely not a small cooler, but it has the cooling performance to deal with higher wattages and overclocks; or the ability to run at ultra low fan speeds and be as quiet as possible.

Read more here.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Phuncz

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
4,687
7,953
Auckland, New Zealand
sff.network
What are we looking at in the last picture? Could you test the cooler with different fans, maybe even two? It seems like you could mount one on the back as well.

Lats picture is the chrome plating flaking off the included screwdriver. This could lead to shorts if a flake drops onto the board and isn't seen.

I would test with multiple fans but I do not have identical fans as yet. The Ninja only includes a single 120mm fan. Standardised test fans are on their way though :)
 

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
6,125
5,032
Belgium
I like Scythe products, I've had or still have multiple including a 100mm slim fan, Mugen 2 and Kabuto 2. But I wished they were targeting higher quality products, I feel the performance is there but they are lacking in features, design and finish that their price demands from you. The Kabuto 2 is using push-pins FFS o_O
 

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
3,243
2,361
Germany
freilite.com
Lats picture is the chrome plating flaking off the included screwdriver. This could lead to shorts if a flake drops onto the board and isn't seen.

I would test with multiple fans but I do not have identical fans as yet. The Ninja only includes a single 120mm fan. Standardised test fans are on their way though :)

Oh man that's bad... :/

Very good to hear, that should make comparability a lot better.
 

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
1,577
2,108
UK
Man, that screwdriver. I've used enough cheese-grade tools to last a lifetime, Wera or bust!