confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
With the predominance of small CPU coolers we have looked at recently, I thought I'd break it up a bit and review something a bit.. bigger. The Scythe Ninja 4 is definitely not a small cooler, but it has the cooling performance to deal with higher wattages and overclocks; or the ability to run at ultra low fan speeds and be as quiet as possible.

Read more here.

Reactions: Phuncz

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
What are we looking at in the last picture? Could you test the cooler with different fans, maybe even two? It seems like you could mount one on the back as well.

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
What are we looking at in the last picture? Could you test the cooler with different fans, maybe even two? It seems like you could mount one on the back as well.

Lats picture is the chrome plating flaking off the included screwdriver. This could lead to shorts if a flake drops onto the board and isn't seen.

I would test with multiple fans but I do not have identical fans as yet. The Ninja only includes a single 120mm fan. Standardised test fans are on their way though :)

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I like Scythe products, I've had or still have multiple including a 100mm slim fan, Mugen 2 and Kabuto 2. But I wished they were targeting higher quality products, I feel the performance is there but they are lacking in features, design and finish that their price demands from you. The Kabuto 2 is using push-pins FFS o_O

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Lats picture is the chrome plating flaking off the included screwdriver. This could lead to shorts if a flake drops onto the board and isn't seen.

I would test with multiple fans but I do not have identical fans as yet. The Ninja only includes a single 120mm fan. Standardised test fans are on their way though :)

Oh man that's bad... :/

Very good to hear, that should make comparability a lot better.

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Man, that screwdriver. I've used enough cheese-grade tools to last a lifetime, Wera or bust!

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Hopefully it was a one off - I will see what Scythe says about it. Luckily I had a spare Noctua screwdriver to use instead to avoid killing my test system!

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
That's a good question - maybe Aibophobia can answer that (I'm not part of Kimera!)