SFF Master List

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 21, 2019
So in the "mATX/Odd Sizes" page... Since I think the reason most people will care about that page is whether something fits in the NCase M1, could we add colors to the dimensions (columns F & G) to show if they are safe or not for the M1?

EDIT: For reference, 226mm or less in "length" is green. Anything higher is red as that's the hard limit. 173mm or less in Width is green (will work with normally mounted SFX unit). Anything Width 244mm or less is Yellow because it's possible to mount the SFX against the front of the case, but it's very tricky and you run into potential GPU clearance issues.

Like @ignsvn said, the reason I created that sheet was because there are a lot of cases that support an "odd" size mATX board like it many taobao cases and few others. Since there are a lot of variety in sizes in what motherboard manufacturers call "mATX", I decided to list them to make it easier for people to refer to them.

I didnt actually made it with NCase M1 in mind but it certainly can fit some mATX boards even though its not officially supported. I saw your message in Discord that someone managed to put an Asus Maximus VI Gene in there with the front SFX PSU? That is really wild by the way.

What I can do is add a note in NCase M1 that it can support up to 226x244mm mATX boards with front mounted PSU but not recommended as it is not officially supported and can be tricky.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I understand both your points about making it generic and not case-specific. What about instead of color coding the row, we could add two custom filters with the dimensions I listed? Then if someone wants to filter it to those dimensions they can while not modifying the actual spreadsheet itself.

Reactions: prayogahs

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Here is a list of SFF case which should be useful. It is updated as of end of April 2020. Unfortunately it is in Chinese but I think there are enough English and numbers around that one can figure it out without much problem.

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 21, 2019
I understand both your points about making it generic and not case-specific. What about instead of color coding the row, we could add two custom filters with the dimensions I listed? Then if someone wants to filter it to those dimensions they can while not modifying the actual spreadsheet itself.
Thanks, I have added the two specific filters for NCase M1 at both side and front mounted SFX PSU.

Reactions: ermac318

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 21, 2019
Here is a list of SFF case which should be useful. It is updated as of end of April 2020. Unfortunately it is in Chinese but I think there are enough English and numbers around that one can figure it out without much problem.

Wow thanks a lot! Seems most of them are in the list already but will try add more that are not. Cheers.

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 21, 2019
Added LAN Controllers & Speed in motherboard sheets and added cable lengths & connectors in PSU sheet

Reactions: ignsvn

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 21, 2019
Havent posted for a while but have updated the spreadsheet a bit.

-Added a sheet page in front with links to each individual sheets with brief description, instructions for filtering, etc.
-Added a slim fan list, feel free to add more that I missed.
-Added some few cases
-Changed the SFF GPU <215mm sheet a bit and added boost clocks.
-Other minor changes.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016

-Added a sheet page in front with links to each individual sheets with brief description, instructions for filtering, etc.
-Added some few cases
-Other minor changes.

Thanks for the hard work.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019

-Added some few cases
-Other minor changes.
Do you think we should add a CPU Cooler >70mm chart? For cases that accept taller than 70mm like SG13, NCase, other non-sandwich ones. There's another chart that already has compiled a lot of that information, would be happy to get started on it but wanted your thoughts.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
I only hope prayogahs won't get burnt out.

Maintaining such list is a lot of work. In many forums, there are a lot of such list that eventually get outdated because the original author is no longer able to keep up with the maintenance process.

I'd say if there are others who maintained the CPU cooler list, let it be.

One thing you can do to help is to add the URL to that thread in your signature, for example.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019

Maintaining such list is a lot of work. In many forums, there are a lot of such list that eventually get outdated because the original author is no longer able to keep up with the maintenance process.

One thing you can do to help is to add the URL to that thread in your signature, for example.
I actually just got edit privs last week in order to contribute. Was more asking for permission before making a new tab, maybe I should just ask on the sheet comments.

Reactions: 63holden and ignsvn

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 21, 2019

Thanks for the concerns! The list does get really big at this point but still trying to be active around here. Ermac already got edit access so if I need more help, I can allow more people to get edit access in the future.

I actually just got edit privs last week in order to contribute. Was more asking for permission before making a new tab, maybe I should just ask on the sheet comments.

Thanks for your help recently! For the CPU coolers, the original idea was actually from the below list made by BoreGore in r/sffpc but since that list is not dedicated to low profile coolers, I made one specific for it.

There are a lot of tower coolers though so if we want to include one, maybe just include a few recommended ones like C14S, U9S, D15, Silver Arrow 130, etc? Or maybe its easier to include a link to the spreadsheet below so people can refer to it?

EDIT: There are also lists for SSDs, Low profile RAM as well so might be good idea to add them as links?

Reactions: ignsvn

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Thanks for the concerns! The list does get really big at this point but still trying to be active around here. Ermac already got edit access so if I need more help, I can allow more people to get edit access in the future.

Thanks for your help recently! For the CPU coolers, the original idea was actually from the below list made by BoreGore in r/sffpc but since that list is not dedicated to low profile coolers, I made one specific for it.

There are a lot of tower coolers though so if we want to include one, maybe just include a few recommended ones like C14S, U9S, D15, Silver Arrow 130, etc? Or maybe its easier to include a link to the spreadsheet below so people can refer to it?

EDIT: There are also lists for SSDs, Low profile RAM as well so might be good idea to add them as links?

That was the chart I was thinking of. I find myself swapping back and forth between the two a lot when making recommendations for people.

What if at the bottom of the chart we add some "greatest hits" like you mentioned, ones that we know are good fits for specific cases? Only like less than 10 at the bottom. I just like the layout of your chart so much more, being sorted by height with the color scheme you used.

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 21, 2019
That was the chart I was thinking of. I find myself swapping back and forth between the two a lot when making recommendations for people.

What if at the bottom of the chart we add some "greatest hits" like you mentioned, ones that we know are good fits for specific cases? Only like less than 10 at the bottom. I just like the layout of your chart so much more, being sorted by height with the color scheme you used.
Good idea, can put them in the bottom, should be ok for filters too as they are set to be only within the <70mm table area

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Added a TOSLink column for people that need optical audio out (and it seems like there are many).

Note I didn't dig too deep into spec sheets or anything, so if any board has Mini TOSLink (which is a light at the bottom of a 3.5mm headphone jack) I probably didn't catch it. If you know of any boards that use this (obscure) standard, let me know and I'll mark it.

EDIT: Also added a new "NAS" case category and added 11 NAS cases, feel free to recommend others that I may have missed.

Last edited:

Yugo555

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
About IS-60. Some LPX RAM modules are not mentioned in their product informations. So it is better to give a precise measurement. Despite the fact that it varies on the board by a couple of mm, it is 34-35mm as average. It still needs confirmation by users since there is no official declaration by ID Cooling.

DarkWorld

Case Bender
New User
Jun 1, 2020
As discussed on r/SFFPC discord-

Additions:
Case:

SE Mini4
Creater: SeaDamaged
Name: SE mini4
Style: Sandwich
Dimensions: L181*W102*H217mm (not sure if different configs changes it0
Volume: ~4.00L
Footprint: 184.6cm
Weight: ?
Side Panel Material: Carbon fibre
Case Materiel: Carbon fibre
CPU Cooler clearance: 40-60mm
GPU Riser: required
GPU Length: 175mm
GPU Height: 126mm
PCIE Slots: 2
Mobo: mITX
PSU: FLEX 1U
Price: 875-1050CNY
Link: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.4.fb6040cbyZ7090&id=581031032031

SE Mid Mini
Name: SE Mid Mini
Dimensions: L179*W125*H249mm
Volume: ~5.57L
Footprint: 223.75cm
Side Panel Materiel:
Carbon fibre
CPU Cooler Clearance: 60mm
GPU Riser
: required
PSU: SFX
Price: 1568CNY
Link: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.10.fb6040cbyZ7090&id=572307637638

Cooler:

SP-4L
Creater: Soplay
Name: Soplay SP-4L
Height: 53mm
RAM Clearance: no limit
Socket: 115X and AM4
Heatpipes: 4
Dimensions: 92x92x52
Fan: 92x15
Fan Speed: 1200-3300rpm (+-10%)
Price: ~180CNY
Link: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.18.834851beUcyZCj&id=609868072093

Copying the form so its easier to fill out next time:
NAME
Creater:
Name:
Style:
Dimensions:
Volume:
Footprint:
Weight:
Side Panel Material:
Case Materiel:
CPU Cooler clearance:
GPU Riser:
GPU Length:
GPU Height:
PCIE Slots:
Mobo:
PSU:
Price:
Link:

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 21, 2019
As discussed on r/SFFPC discord-

Additions:
Case:

SE Mini4
Name: SE mini4
Dimensions: L181*W102*H217mm (not sure if different configs changes it0
Volume: ~4.00L
Footprint: 184.6cm
Side Panel Material: Carbon fibre
CPU Cooler clearance: 40-60mm
GPU Riser: required
PSU: FLEX 1U
Price: 875-1050CNY
Link: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.4.fb6040cbyZ7090&id=581031032031

SE Mid Mini
Name: SE Mid Mini
Dimensions: L179*W125*H249mm
Volume: ~5.57L
Footprint: 223.75cm
Side Panel Materiel:
Carbon fibre
CPU Cooler Clearance: 60mm
GPU Riser
: required
PSU: SFX
Price: 1568CNY
Link: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.10.fb6040cbyZ7090&id=572307637638

Cooler:

SP-4L
Creater: Soplay
Name: Soplay SP-4L
Height: 53mm
RAM Clearance: no limit
Socket: 115X and AM4
Heatpipes: 4
Dimensions: 92x92x52
Fan: 92x15
Fan Speed: 1200-3300rpm (+-10%)
Price: ~180CNY
Link: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.18.834851beUcyZCj&id=609868072093

Copying the form so its easier to fill out next time:
NAME
Creater:
Name:
Style:
Dimensions:
Volume:
Footprint:
Weight:
Side Panel Material:
Case Materiel:
CPU Cooler clearance:
GPU Riser:
GPU Length:
GPU Height:
PCIE Slots:
Mobo:
PSU:
Price:
Link:
Thanks! I have added them all including two other SeaDamaged cases. I did see them before long time ago but forgot about them.

Reactions: DarkWorld

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 21, 2019
Added pictures to all cases so its easier to see first hand impression of the case without clicking each link.

EDIT: Pictures have slowed the spreadsheet quite considerably so it is hidden at the moment

Last edited:
Reactions: 63holden