Advice Switching from Jonsbo D30 to NR200P

sff_gaming

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Aug 24, 2023
I was made aware of this heavily discounted case, selling the NR200P for effectively $40.00. I originally purchased the Jonsbo D30 from Newegg, which was the smallest case I thought I could fit my build into, but I checked the spreadsheet and discovered that I could go tighter.

This is the link to my current parts list.

The important parts are:
  • PNY 4070 (247.1mm long, 40.89mm thick)
  • Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W (160mm long, greater than the specified 150mm limitation for ATX bracket mounted PSUs for GPUs longer than 240mm) (However, anecdata shows that 160mm PSUs could somehow fit..?
    • I am still within the return window, so I could return the PSU and get a Lian Li SFX PSU or a cheaper (but ATX and within the recommended length at 140mm) Corsair PSU.
  • Thermalright FC140 (158mm, which exceeds the 155mm of the NR200P on the website, but according to anecdata from r/NR200 and the spreadsheet it should fit if I use the mesh panel.
  • Gigabyte B760i Aorus Pro motherboard
  • There is also a 3.5" HDD in the setup, and 5 Arctic P12 non-slim fans (which I can return if need be...)
So my primary question is, in the name of fitting everything in a smaller package, would my current parts be compatible with the NR200P case?

Some secondary questions to my primary question above:

• It seems I will have to purchase an SFX - ATX PSU bracket too?
  • How many slim fans will I need to use given my current parts? It seems that I won't need slim fans for the bottom, given that the Arctic P12 slim "kisses" the Strix 3070 ti (57.78mm thick), and that my PNY Verto 4070 is thin enough to account for the 10mm thickness difference. This post seems to indicate that I will need a slim fan for the 120mm above the FC140. But what are people's experiences with the FC140 and fitting fans into the rear intake of the NR200?
    • My current estimate is purchasing two slim fans, one on top of the FC140 and one for the rear intake.

My only reservation if everything is compatible is going to be my experience Newegg's return policy for items not sold by Newegg...