SFF Master List

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 21, 2019
Hi Guys,

Want to share a spreadsheet in Google Sheets I made few months ago. Hopefully it can help people with references of various cases and components. It was originally a taobao exclusive list in the Whats in Taobao thread and was expanded to various things. It is also available is the reddit r/sffpc in the Useful Links. Its a live document so feel free to post any new cases, components, suggestions, mistakes, comments.

Google Sheet Link: SFF List

Last edited:

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Hi Guys,

Want to share a spreadsheet in Google Sheets I made few months ago. Hopefully it can help people with references of various cases and components. It was originally a taobao exclusive list in the Whats in Taobao thread and was expanded to various things. It is also available is the reddit r/sffpc in the Useful Links. Its a live document so feel free to post any new cases, components, suggestions, mistakes, comments.

Oh so you're the author of that document. Thank you for your effort.

This is nitpicking but it's probably a good idea to add "thickness" in the "GPU height" column like -> "GPU height (thickness)"

Reactions: jmehmn

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 21, 2019
Oh so you're the author of that document. Thank you for your effort.

This is nitpicking but it's probably a good idea to add "thickness" in the "GPU height" column like -> "GPU height (thickness)"
Thanks! Good idea, I have added that in. Cheers.

Reactions: ignsvn

jmehmn

Chassis Packer
Apr 9, 2020
Hi Guys,

Thank you for this. Very helpful!!
I agree this should be stocked if not already.

Curious to know if you’d be willing to add VRM specs for the boards. Definitely something I take into account.

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 21, 2019
Thank you for this. Very helpful!!
I agree this should be stocked if not already.

Curious to know if you’d be willing to add VRM specs for the boards. Definitely something I take into account.
Thanks! Yeah VRMs have been one thing that I am always thinking about on adding. The only problem is I am not quite familiar with them and how do you make sense of it with the jargons like chokes, phases and doublers.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Thanks! Yeah VRMs have been one thing that I am always thinking about on adding. The only problem is I am not quite familiar with them and how do you make sense of it with the jargons like chokes, phases and doublers.

I remember googling something like that for AMD boards.. I found these but I agree it's hard to maintain especially if you have no background in electrical engineering.

Try to google "motherboard vrm tier"

->
->

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Holly cow I didn't know the forum software will create such a big embedded document LOL.

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 21, 2019
I remember googling something like that for AMD boards.. I found these but I agree it's hard to maintain especially if you have no background in electrical engineering.

Try to google "motherboard vrm tier"

->
->
Thanks a lot! I did look at some of those spreadsheets before and its not that easy to digest with all of that technical information... Will need to study more about it before I can include them in and select which info is useful

Reactions: jmehmn

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 21, 2019
Added a sheet for RAM heights since it is a common problem for SFF. Not all information are easily available or have conflicting information so see if its correct or more RAM models can be included.

Reactions: ignsvn and jmehmn

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
While we're talking motherboards, can you add a notation for if the M.2 slot is on the front or back (or both), maybe color coded green for front/red for back?

Reactions: prayogahs

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 21, 2019
Added CPU sheet, color shades to more columns, number of GPU fans & PCIe pins in the GPU sheets and separated low profile PCIe slots and full height PCIe slots.

Reactions: Xenos and ignsvn

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 21, 2019
Added Intel 10th Gen CPUs and few announced motherboards from Biostar. More will get added once they are officially announced.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Added Intel 10th Gen CPUs and few announced motherboards from Biostar. More will get added once they are officially announced.

Thank you for your hard work, I'm sure many forum members use it. I also put it into my signature.

Btw don't forget to add that "thickness" to the GPU section as well :)

Reactions: prayogahs

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
So in the "mATX/Odd Sizes" page... Since I think the reason most people will care about that page is whether something fits in the NCase M1, could we add colors to the dimensions (columns F & G) to show if they are safe or not for the M1?

EDIT: For reference, 226mm or less in "length" is green. Anything higher is red as that's the hard limit. 173mm or less in Width is green (will work with normally mounted SFX unit). Anything Width 244mm or less is Yellow because it's possible to mount the SFX against the front of the case, but it's very tricky and you run into potential GPU clearance issues.

Last edited:

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
So in the "mATX/Odd Sizes" page... Since I think the reason most people will care about that page is whether something fits in the NCase M1, could we add colors to the dimensions (columns F & G) to show if they are safe or not for the M1?

My 2c is that, I believe the such chart should be brand/vendor independent as much as possible (on top of that, IIRC NCase M1 is not the only case which support mATX board - kinda hard to maintain color codes for every case)

A possible solution is to have similar motherboard compatibility list in NCase M1 thread (which I thought they already have?). You can start by copying that particular tab from @prayogahs master list to another google form. Add the color on the columns, and finally post it somewhere in M1 thread (or as your signature).