Production SENTRY 2.0: Evolution of console-sized gaming PC case

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Pardon me if I’m wrong, but I thought it was minimal at best gains delidding the9900k as its soldered, compared to the pasted applications the previous few generations used?
I thought also, that delidding the 9900K give only a small Benefit in temperatures, but i might be wrong.
Regarding the cooler, the Blackridge is a 95W cooler, while the Cryorig is a 115W, which makes sense, because the Cu model is a full copper "block". I don't think the cooler is the issue, but the case airflow. I will test that by simply adding one or two 120mm fans on the outside of the CPU chamber and see, how much the CPU temps are benefit from that. At best, he fan on the Cryorig does no longer gets that loud / high rpm.
Silicon Lottery claims only a 3 - 7C gain in cooling with the 9th gen compared to 15 - 20C for previous gen.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
@ZombiPL @SaperPL I got my Sentry 2.0 yesterday, and haven’t had much time to dive in to it yet. What I have done was check to see if the tool-less design of the stand was as nice as I had been hoping for, and unfortunately one side has zero friction with the rubber spacer and the bottom of the case. I tried to tighten the flat head screw, but it didn’t make a difference. Are there any others having this issue? I know it’s silly, but this was one of my favorite “little things” this case had to offer, and having it not work is a bit of a bummer.

On a more positive note, the packaging is easily the best experience I’ve ever had unboxing a computer component of any kind. It’s incredibly well thought out.

Reactions: nph84 and rfarmer

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
@ZombiPL @SaperPL I got my Sentry 2.0 yesterday, and haven’t had much time to dive in to it yet. What I have done was check to see if the tool-less design of the stand was as nice as I had been hoping for, and unfortunately one side has zero friction with the rubber spacer and the bottom of the case. I tried to tighten the flat head screw, but it didn’t make a difference. Are there any others having this issue? I know it’s silly, but this was one of my favorite “little things” this case had to offer, and having it not work is a bit of a bummer.

Maybe one out of over 2000 screws we ordered was a little bit higher (0,2mm can make a difference). Please write us an info about this issue to our email.

Reactions: Dustbunnyck

dtagirov

Chassis Packer
Nov 28, 2019
Please, help me
I started to build and I have doubts
Does the riser look right if you look at it from the side of the GPU?
Thank!

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Please, help me
Thank!

I have no idea what would be the problem here. Seems fine to me. The lip of the riser bracket is supposed to hold it like this.

Can you elaborate on what made you doubt whether you're doing it right?

Btw, it would be good to rotate the photos before uploading because now everyone needs to look at them sideways...

Reactions: dtagirov

dtagirov

Chassis Packer
Nov 28, 2019
Thanks for the instant reply!

I doubted whether the lip of the bracket should go a little on the riser connector; so I decided to play it safe and clarify this point with you.

I have one more small question again; in the kit I found two types of rubber stickers; but I have no ideas (I have, but I'm not sure if they are correct honestly ). Should I use them, or is this something very optional for rare cases? It seems that I did not have such in the previous white sentry, so I thought about it.

And a few more photos from beginning my transfer, if this might be of interest to anyone (I spent about 4 hours to slowly move from one building to another, including the time for dust cleaning).

Thank again! )

emakar

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 14, 2019
Please, help me
Thank!

I'm not sure if this helps but this is the issue I faced today while assembling recently arrived sentry. It turns out one should turn bracket about 90 degree and pull its rear side through the gap in the "wall" (so that the bracket is on both sides of it). As a result there should be almost no gap between bracket and chassis while tightening the screws, they should also be screwed orthogonally with no minor declines (It seems to me yours is fully in gpu chamber and there is a space between bracket and chassis if looking through the screws hole, I might be wrong though)

Last edited:

emakar

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 14, 2019
And here goes mine #582 :)
Very happy with its high quality and premium industrual look & feel.

So, here are the pics. It's a define mini c on the last one. I've also ghetto modded fan duct with fan brackets and elastic band, will do something more appropriate soon :)

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
I have one more small question again; in the kit I found two types of rubber stickers; but I have no ideas (I have, but I'm not sure if they are correct honestly ). Should I use them, or is this something very optional for rare cases? It seems that I did not have such in the previous white sentry, so I thought about it.

These pieces are for handling the AIO configuration as the AIO lands in a spot that will block one of the round riveted feet mounting holes. AIO is still not mainstream config, it's rather a hardcore edge case, but it actually make sense to have AIO build laying horizontally, so we wanted to support it somehow.

The adhesive feet there are for use in horizontal position when using AIO and it becomes permanent (or single use) this way in contrast to riveted feet and the round pieces can be used to plug the hole when u want to plug them, but still are using AIO so one of those mounting holes is blocked by it.

dtagirov

Chassis Packer
Nov 28, 2019
Just received the case and really love it!

Just one question tho, what is the best silent cooler for this case?
I don't mind to sacrifice temp for overall silence

my opinion - for intel noctua nh-l9i really the best

andy66

Trash Compacter
Dec 17, 2019

Yes the Noctual L9i is a really good and quiet cooler, but if you are using a CPU with 95W TPD, you will have to decrease core voltage and and core clock, to get good temperatures.

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Yes the Noctual L9i is a really good and quiet cooler, but if you are using a CPU with 95W TPD, you will have to decrease core voltage and and core clock, to get good temperatures.

And why people do this is beyond me. You shouldn't be using a chip that's too hot for the case to begin with. The same could be said for the S4M.

Reactions: andy66 and rfarmer

dtagirov

Chassis Packer
Nov 28, 2019

I use in this case 7700K with this cooler from the day this processor goes on sale

I can say that I had no problems with the temperature even once, and I did not have to reduce the frequency of the processor. But I really lowered the core voltage a little; but at the same time, I also use a lower profile for this cooler, which never rotates it at maximum speed, and if I do not play, then I can not even determine by ear whether my computer is turned on or not.

Reactions: andy66

andy66

Trash Compacter
Dec 17, 2019
And why people do this is beyond me. You shouldn't be using a chip that's too hot for the case to begin with. The same could be said for the S4M.

In my use case with a Cryorig C7 Cu and a 9900k it gets not that hot, but quiet loud, but it is still quieter than a PS4 Pro when the Jet engine starts^^

I use in this case 7700K with this cooler from the day this processor goes on sale

I can say that I had no problems with the temperature even once, and I did not have to reduce the frequency of the processor. But I really lowered the core voltage a little; but at the same time, I also use a lower profile for this cooler, which never rotates it at maximum speed, and if I do not play, then I can not even determine by ear whether my computer is turned on or not.

The 7700K is not that extreme regarding temperatures, compared with a 9900K (which can consume up to 200W or more, if everything is unlocked. On the 7700K you also have the possibility to delid and maybe you got a really good chip, which can be undervoltet a bit more.

But all in all, yes it is not the best case scenario, to put such a high end CPU inside that case, except you can use an AiO, which does help in terms of temperatures. Otherwise for having the best possible gaming experience (4K, HDR …), and you can afford the best of the best in terms of hardware, it is really impressive, what is possible in such a small form factor.

Reactions: dtagirov

DrakeZ

Case Bender
Dec 22, 2019

Thank you for the suggestion, probably will choose this cooler for my system!
I'm using 9400F, so L9i should be enough :)

HetBalderdier

Chassis Packer
Aug 1, 2017
@SaperPL

I was doing some cablemanagement and when I tried to rescrew the USB front connector the small nut inside the rubber popped out and now the front connecter is loose in my case. Is it possible to get a replacement?